ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (A special moment among special moments ...)

I’ve got a serious kool side guzzling problem now.
We will have a target on us now with a top 10 ranking. Even more so than before but I'm confident Orlando can figure it out. Plus isnt their QB injured?
i think everyone has been pretty happy we’ve been down and doing everything in their power to keep it that way. We’re always a target.

Actually I’m not sure, and if he is I wonder if the severity would keep him out past the 10th?

Reactions: nicole9849
Is it accurate to say Keontay is not 100%? If so, would you rest him for Baylor and rest another bye week to be healthy for OSU, WV, etc.?
I think he plays this week,but the bye week will be good for him.

Amazing that the big 12 is so pathetic Texas won’t face a good team or certainly good defense all year.

BUY or SELL: We play OU again we can expect the same outcome?

(Sell) I don't think there's any reason for Texas to fear Oklahoma in a rematch considering UT physically whipped them for 50 minutes, but that team still has road games at TCU, Texas Tech and West Virginia. They might give up 150 points in those three games and I don't think they'll be playing in the Metroplex in December.
So in a hypothetical Big12 Championship game against OU you are selling the same outcome, as in you think Texas beats them but by more than a last second field goal? You seemed to focus on whether or not OU will get there, which wasn't the meat of the question.

2. Paul McCartney is in town for 2 weekends but you made a John Lennon list. Deliberate?

So in a hypothetical Big12 Championship game against OU you are selling the same outcome, as in you think Texas beats them but by more than a last second field goal? You seemed to focus on whether or not OU will get there, which wasn't the meat of the question.

2. Paul McCartney is in town for 2 weekends but you made a John Lennon list. Deliberate?
a. I don't think they play again.

b. John was on my mind this weekend.

Reactions: BobR
Very interested to see how this team responds to this big win and all the hype behind the current win streak. This is where 1-0 mentality will be key again.

Lots of great progress this season. I'm hoping to see the team come out with some of that passion we saw this weekend in all the games left on the schedule.

Reactions: WhatAboutEggs
a. I don't think they play again.

Right, I acknowledged that was the direction you chose in your original answer. I'm asking, from what someone submitted as a B/S question, is what do you think the result is if they meet again? It wasn't "B/S: Texas and OU play again."

UFC just building interest/money for the rematch.

That's what you said in the first place. But why, when one in the rotation is head and shoulders above the others? Is it a concern about his ball protection or pass protection?
That guy is a young stallion; you want him to play a lot without getting him beat up or even injured. He needs an offseason to grow, get stronger, and more flexible. He’s limped off or been kept out of games after getting dinged up. He’s not ready for more than 25-39 plays and 13-15 carries at this point, IMO.

Wow, that OU defense was soft.

532c4cc1-2c10-4643-93fc-2c01fb996a64.jpg.w1920.jpg

Our defense gave up almost the same amount of points.

I’ve got a serious kool side guzzling problem now.

i think everyone has been pretty happy we’ve been down and doing everything in their power to keep it that way. We’re always a target.

Actually I’m not sure, and if he is I wonder if the severity would keep him out past the 10th?

He will bounce back fast from the collapsed lung.

I like your answer better. Riley hasn't had to change hardly any coaches if any if I'm not mistaken.
Riley was handed a Heisman winner. Riley was dealt a pair of Kings and Tom had a suited 8-9. We flopped a nice hand, turn hit our straight, and pulling old Riley into the most beautiful bear trap on the River. His ass is ours for the next decade.

Our defense gave up almost the same amount of points.
OU spread us out, beat us with speed, quickness, fast-pace, etc....but we still produced big hits and got physical with them as much as possible.

We punched them in the mouth, we beat them physically and they had no response. That's soft. Physically soft.

I was at the OSU game this weekend and you’re right. They looked like a bad high school team and their QB is horrendous.

[QUOHere's my Top 10 John songs.

10. You've Really Got a Hold On Me
9. Help
8. Revolution
7. Yer Blues
6. Instant Karma
5. Dear Prudence
4. Twist and Shout
3. Come Together
2. Strawberry Fields Forever
1. Imagine

[/QUOTE]

I think John Lennon has the best "rock and roll" voice of all time. Elvis is different, but i could see an argument..

Twist and Shout, a cover, shows his power to best effect....

However, songs like A Day in the Life, Julia, Norwegian Wood, and even Beautiful Boy from Double Fantasy are extraordinary.

I'm glad you featured him, but our lists would be somewhat different.

Strawberry Fields would probably be number 1 for me.... but that has more to do with the songwriting and less with the vocals, althought great.

Saw Paul at ACL on Friday. He was my 3rd favorite Beatle, but it was a great show.

What a legacy!

Right, I acknowledged that was the direction you chose in your original answer. I'm asking, from what someone submitted as a B/S question, is what do you think the result is if they meet again? It wasn't "B/S: Texas and OU play again."
I) think the team that kicked the other team's ass for 50 minutes would be the strong favorite in a rematch.

I'll give Warhime credit for his eval/ discovery of Cosmi. But we all know he wouldn't be able to develop him like Hand is doing.

Reactions: GishMD
Enjoyed the read, Ketch. Couldn’t agree more on #5. I CANNOT stand good athletes who don’t have class. That’s what being spoiled does to you. It creates spoiled brats!

I would to disagree with you on Collin Johnson and LJH not declaring. I think the NFL will look at their potential, LJH is a possible 1st rounder(late 2nd at the lowest) , Collin is a 3rd round guy imo. The only receiver that might stay is Duvernay, he should have 5tds by now.

I feel like Warhime is the most expendable coach on this staff, which means he has to go. But who do we hire as the DFW guy on this staff?

ADVERTISEMENT