ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (A weekend UT football could have done without...)

You should change the name to Not Orangebloods. This negativity serves no helpful purpose.

LSU has not been a gold mine of NFL talent until this year, Good, sure, but they were loaded this year like they are unlikely to ever be again. But you act as if this is the norm. Clearly, it is not.

The only slightly positive thing in this column is to acknowledge the obvious, that this class' failure to produce more NFL talent falls squarely on Charlie. Herman is playing out the bad hand he was dealt.

When our current crop of players are draftable, they will be drafted. Ridiculous to think that great players who come to Texas will not be top draft choices, just as they have been in the past. All they need to do is come here and play to their ability.
I think your post was a lot more negative than my column. JMO.

Reactions: great horndini
Ok Bohls, I mean Ketchum.

When momentum is already down and every kid who is in your Top 100 subscribes here, that’s what you write?

I’m not naive to think everything is fine, but damn man, we are dead already!
I've never played the pretend game. I'm not starting now.

Reactions: Rickstacopy
That is a bit of a rub. Everyone is aware of this possibility.

my guess is football with no fans and it starts on time.

I did not get a good sense from Cuban on b-ball. I think NBA is done and just can’t bring themselves to admit it. If they do have it, there will be no fans.

Everybody gets it. Everybody also gets that Texas has recruited well despite not reaching the same championship level heights that LSU and Alabama have reached yet, and if we can put together a great season this year, a lot of these issues will disappear.

We have signed three straight Top 10 classes and have a chance to put all of this to rest with a senior quarterback and a much more experienced defense. If the season goes how it should, we will sign a fourth straight Top 10 class, and probably higher.

Until then, there’s no reason to hit the panic button.
We all get that it is an uphill battle. We all get that it is an un-level recruiting field.
I believe that with some good luck we might be able to overcome those problems.
It comes down to recruiting and coaching. Recruiting is identification, evaluation and selection.
Coaching is development including nutrition, strength training, performance sciences and an elite staff.
Texas is a program that has proven that it cares about the players and has their back, even if the player is unable to play.
Herman has to sell that as well as the value of a University of Texas education.

I've never played the pretend game. I'm not starting now.

Nor am I.

However every player that got picked arguably went higher than projected. DD had a record season offensively, Herman has so far delivered on the recruiting front and delivered new facilities and won a Sugar Bowl. None of that was expected or could’ve happened when Charlie was here.

Pick on aggy for have 2 picks as well.

This is what it looks like when Texas aims for the sky with its ambitions and gets it right. You can make a case that the most exciting program on the entire 40 Acres to follow at the moment is the women's basketball program.

Or the women’s softball program, who’ve already proven it on the field against top-level national competition.

it can't go without saying that the Tigers are becoming a problem factor in recruiting for the Longhorns in the year following a national title in a way that we've probably never seen before.

And who would’ve imagined that after Herman opted for Texas over LSU?

my guess is football with no fans and it starts on time.

I did not get a good sense from Cuban on b-ball. I think NBA is done and just can’t bring themselves to admit it. If they do have it, there will be no fans.
I wish I knew how to have a strong opinion. No one really knows.

Reactions: Russhorn
Nor am I.

However every player that got picked arguably went higher than projected. DD had a record season offensively, Herman has so far delivered on the recruiting front and delivered new facilities and won a Sugar Bowl. None of that was expected or could’ve happened when Charlie was here.

Pick on aggy for have 2 picks as well.
I don't really care about Aggie right now. They are mostly insignificant.

I write about what is important to Texas.

Keep ignoring the fact that the best players on Texas do not want to play in the b12. It’s just fact. Someday we might wake up and move if we are serious about getting better players. They want to play against the best and for the best. We aren’t the best and don’t play against the best.

I don’t feel like this column is negatively slanted
I didn't feel that way when I posted it, either.

I still haven't seen anything quoted that someone thinks was too negative.

@Ketchum Re: Burrows

My problem with Joe Burrows is joe Brady.

brady made burrows when everyone else had written him off as JAG.

IF the Bengals understand that, then maybe they can duplicate it. But if they tree to mold him into “their” system, he’s going to be a flop.

hopefully they’ve done their research that included long talks with Joe Brady to understand what Brady saw and how Brady molded him.

@Ketchum I'm still on the side of Texas needs to get out of the Big12. Will it ever happen I have no clue. Far as the article it was very good. I'm just happy to be reading some kind of real football content at the moment. Even if the facts hurt

Reactions: connercade
I think your post was a lot more negative than my column. JMO.

Definitely and strongly disagree. My post was negative only as to your column. Besides, no one pays attention to what I post. They look to you for balanced analysis. This column clearly tells recruits to go elsewhere. I think you should take it down, not that I expect you to.

As the OP above said, this is what I expect from Kirk Bohls. Would not blame Herman if he does not talk to your guys anymore.

Excellent article!

Yup.....we have a ways to go! This season will be critical for various reasons. Winning will go a long way in addressing many of our ills outlined in your article.

I truly hope that Herman & staff are up to the challenge......

@Ketchum Re: Burrows

My problem with Joe Burrows is joe Brady.

brady made burrows when everyone else had written him off as JAG.

IF the Bengals understand that, then maybe they can duplicate it. But if they tree to mold him into “their” system, he’s going to be a flop.

hopefully they’ve done their research that included long talks with Joe Brady to understand what Brady saw and how Brady molded him.
I'm more worried that their coaches are a bunch of jags.

Reactions: 94Sip
ADVERTISEMENT