ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (A weekend UT football could have done without...)

Objectively, this is a well written article about how much Texas and the Big 12 sucks.

Negative reaction is warranted.

I think the reaction is based on how many times we read similar articles on OB. Horse-dead.

I've been here 16 years+ and these articles about our lack of the old greatness have become routine several years ago. I just skipped that part as I was already made aware on this very site a number of times in the last 4-5 years.

Obviously Ketch writes what he wants. If I have already read the same point several times, I just skip it. Easy peasy.

Reactions: Juarez Your Problem
I think the reaction is based on how many times we read similar articles on OB. Horse-dead.

I've been here 16 years+ and these articles about our lack of the old greatness have become routine several years ago. I just skipped that part as I was already made aware on this very site a number of times in the last 4-5 years.

Obviously Ketch writes what he wants. If I have already read the same point several times, I just skip it. Easy peasy.
I write about what's relevant and what's true,

The failures from the weekend literally made national news.

To ignore what happened is to live in pretend-land as far as I'm concerned and I don't do that.

It's amazing how awesome those guys can all look at once when you've got a beast back there slinging the rock all over the field with tremendous accuracy.

Alabama's been producing first rd WRs well before Tua. Julio Jones, Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley all being first round picks and all being hits in the NFL. Jones was catching passes from McElroy. Cooper from McCarron and Blake f'n Sims. Ridley from Jake fn' Cooper and Hurts. It's not a stretch to project both Ruggs and Jeudy being better pros than Tua.

I want to make this point ...

I'm not saying that I think Burrows or Tua aren't good QBs with a reasonable chance of having successful NFL careers. What I am saying is that no position on the field benefits more on draft day from having great players all around them than the QB position. Virtually no QB (just ask Tom Brady) looks good when they are running for their lives or throwing to receivers that aren't open.

I have no problem saying I think Burrows has a much better chance of being a better NFL QB than Tua. There's something to be said for a cat who's had to scratch and claw his way to the top. From the perspective, Burrows reminds me of Mayfield. From a positive perspective, by all accounts, Burrows lacks the elite level of doucheness and immaturity that will hold Mayfield back from being any kind of elite QB.

I have no problem saying I think Burrows has a much better chance of being a better NFL QB than Tua. There's something to be said for a cat who's had to scratch and claw his way to the top. From the perspective, Burrows reminds me of Mayfield. From a positive perspective, by all accounts, Burrows lacks the elite level of doucheness and immaturity that will hold Mayfield back from being any kind of elite QB.
@RLong68

I just heard Tim Tebow say on first take that Tua has the best arm he's ever seen in a college quarterback.

I'm just saying...

You might need to open your eyes the next time Tua actually gets on the field.;)

NFL.Com article from a reporter who talked to team execs, scouts and coaches, and their breakdowns of each of 14 QBs. Notice of the top 5 prospects (Burrow, Herbert, Tua, Love and Eason), 3 (Herbert, Love and Eason) have quotes about their arms strength being pluses. Burrow's is described essentially as average. Tua's arm strength is even discussed. That doesn't strike you as a bit odd for a guy whose arm you described as a monster or whatever arm?

I'm just saying...

You might need to open your eyes the next time Tua actually gets on the field.;)

Renowned NFL scout Greg Cosell scouting report on Tua:
First weakness listed is "a little bit of a pusher with his delivery which limits velocity and his ability to drive the ball."

But I'm sure Tebow breaks down more film than Cosell does.

I write about what's relevant and what's true,

The failures from the weekend literally made national news.

To ignore what happened is to live in pretend-land as far as I'm concerned and I don't do that.

Nobody is not recognizing the problem. What I said was I have read the same thing several times on this site as well as others. I went back and read it all after your comment.

There was absolutely nothing you wrote that I did not already know and had read earlier.

This year it was LSU, next year it will be Bama or Clemson or some other powerhouse.

Different teams, same old song.

ADVERTISEMENT