ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A wild ride down memory lane)

I just saw August: Osage County. Ketch you must not have seen it. Meryl gave a performance for the ages. Amy Adams? Are you kidding me? Not even close.

I love me some Dixie Chicks. Been hooked since seeing them at Hang 'Em High on 6th in '96 or '97 when they were just taking off (or maybe had not even done so at the time). Natalie's one of my all time favorite female country singers...voice of an angel.

And Cowboy most definitely stole the show last night...looks like he's shelved the brutal round 1 KO loss to Pettis and decision to Dos Anjos nicely. Sitting at #8 he'll need another fight or two before he gets a title shot but I'm hopeful he'll get it soon. Would love to see him and Melendez get in there for the right to take on Pettis. Judging from Dana's comments last night Henderson isn't getting the next shot.

Re: Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A wild ride down memory lan

Originally posted by Beef Supreme:
Awesome! I am not pleased with 10, but the summary of events leading to the Strong hire is excellent.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
I can't believe the grudges some of you carry.
wink.r191677.gif

My buddy, Jason Mozersky (along with Ben Harper) collaborates with Natalie. They've made some great music recently.

Originally posted by Jeff J Black:
I just saw August: Osage County. Ketch you must not have seen it. Meryl gave a performance for the ages. Amy Adams? Are you kidding me? Not even close.
It's one of three movies i still need to see.

Originally posted by WTexasHorn:
I love me some Dixie Chicks. Been hooked since seeing them at Hang 'Em High on 6th in '96 or '97 when they were just taking off (or maybe had not even done so at the time). Natalie's one of my all time favorite female country singers...voice of an angel.

And Cowboy most definitely stole the show last night...looks like he's shelved the brutal round 1 KO loss to Pettis and decision to Dos Anjos nicely. Sitting at #8 he'll need another fight or two before he gets a title shot but I'm hopeful he'll get it soon. Would love to see him and Melendez get in there for the right to take on Pettis. Judging from Dana's comments last night Henderson isn't getting the next shot.
Melendez/Cerrone would be a fight i'd pay to see. Apparently, Cerrone lost a shit ton of money and is focused in a way he hasn't been in a while. He looked like it last night. He saved the card.

Would love to know what you think. I felt like I did watching Sophie's Choice. Unbelievable acting. It's not fair to her peers and it's not fair she has only won 3 Oscars. If she doesn't win this year it's only because they think it's someone else's turn.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Apparently, Cerrone lost a shit ton of money and is focused in a way he hasn't been in a while. He looked like it last night. He saved the card.
He's a wild man with his money and with life in general. Love that dude.

Originally posted by Texas8412:

Good stuff. Two points:
It's just football.
The Dixie chicks can go to hell.
I tried to formulate a response that didn't include the accusation that you are probably an uneducated, ignorant hick who has no concept of the genius of our constitution. I wasn't successful. So, I'll just tell you to "have a nice day".

After once again saving Powers ass on that Thursday by a 6-3 vote he stabbed them in the back on Friday night and Saturday morning. He should be fired by the board at the first chance. Mack, JJ, and Powers cost us Saban period. No doubt in my mind about that. I used to love the idea of Powers being here as the President of UT, but I really no longer give a rats ass about him. His love for Mack Brown exceeded his love for this University. And Patterson is now on the clock. Charlie I think will be a good hire in the long run. He better be for Pattersons sake. Charlie was down below about 6 or 7 names on my wish list. Patterson did not even explore the guys up higher. I have no problem with him hiring who HE wanted. But if it does not work out he can go when Charlie goes.

My fingers got tired reading all of that. Hope you feel better. Those types of "recalls" are difficult. Thanks for the sheer work of that commentary.

Texas basketball. You should be there in person on Saturday afternoon. It could be special. I now feel that when I walk into the Erwin Center we can win any game. You need to get to that point.

I mean, you will be there? Media credentials right? No more bullshit about writing for a website?

P.S.

"I tried to formulate a response that didn't include the accusation that you are probably an uneducated, ignorant hick who has no concept of the genius of our constitution. I wasn't successful. So, I'll just tell you to "have a nice day"."

Absolute classic. They want be able to find his pulse regardless of who they is.
This post was edited on 1/26 11:03 PM by I Hear Voices

Originally posted by DeepEddyHorn:
Ketch,

If Mack was relieved of his duties on the day after the Baylor loss, what the chances, in your opinion, that Nick is Texas' head ball coach right now?

This post was edited on 1/26 10:00 PM by DeepEddyHorn
very strong chance IMO.

He didn't stall through most of that Friday for no reason at all. A lot of heavy lifting had been done.
dead.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Sacred Crow:

Originally posted by Texas8412:

Good stuff. Two points:
It's just football.
The Dixie chicks can go to hell.
I tried to formulate a response that didn't include the accusation that you are probably an uneducated, ignorant hick who has no concept of the genius of our constitution. I wasn't successful. So, I'll just tell you to "have a nice day".

X1000000000000
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

That blurb from Chip regarding that Friday was hard to read, I can't imagine what he felt like that night.

I've got a Dallas buyers club sweep of the actor awards. Lot of parity for best picture IMO. Tough call

"Her" will shoot up on your list once you see it.

How is anyone still mad at the Dixie chicks? How does that work? Man.

Originally posted by longhornfaithful:
How is anyone still mad at the Dixie chicks? How does that work? Man.
Why the f*ck was anyone mad in the first place? Strictly a rhetorical question, by the way...

1.) Barnes has had a strong season thus far, but I've seen far too many late-season flops from this guy to get too excited. This game vs. Kansas will be one of the most important of his career. The North Carolina win has lost a lot of luster, and Kansas State is decidedly second-tier. But the Jayhawks are clearly the class of this conference, in addition to being one of the most-improved teams in the country over the past month.

With every passing week, Kansas looks more like a Final Four team. So if Barnes wants to impress those who want to sack him, he'd best show up big on Saturday.

2.) I know Seattle is the better team. But Peyton has had an unbelievable season, and this is his chance to enshrine his legacy. The weather could be a big factor, and it may force the QB's to step up. Russell's one of the best young QB's in the league, but he's not ready for a shoot-out with the best on a neutral field with all that pressure. If Peyton brings his A-game, even the Legion of Boom will struggle against him. I've got the Broncos in a close one.

I love Natalie Maines' cover of Buckley's "Lover, You Should've Come Over." As for people not liking the music because they do not like her politics, you are missing out. If you love Jeff Buckley, you will like her cover.

If everyone that does not approve of the legalization of marijuana refused to listen to Willie Nelson, they would be missing out on some damned fine music.

Texas Basketball | I thought this team would win, maybe, 10 games this season. Very pleased with how the season is going and look forward to Texas continuing to roll.

Natalie Maines and the Dixie Chicks | How in the world are some of you still upset because of their comments about Bush? They were against an unnecessary war and exercised their rights. Good for them for having some stones.

I do know country music is worse off with the Chicks in the penalty box. Thanks for including Maines / Dixie Chicks with a top 10.

This post was edited on 1/27 1:02 AM by Bay Horn

Originally posted by Beef Supreme:
Awesome! I am not pleased with 10, but the summary of events leading to the Strong hire is excellent.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
I can't believe the grudges some of you carry.
wink.r191677.gif
Ketch, considering how pathetic and trite people can be on this board quite often, I'm surprised that you're surprised.

I dislike Maines, but their music was a breath of fresh air in a time of some bad country music. Maines problem wasn't just her initial comments, but the fact that she doubled down on the comments and alienated the fans and industry that made them as big as they were. She still seems pretty bitter about the whole ordeal. Freedom of speech is not always free of consequences.

Every time I go see Bruce Robison play, he brings up the fact that 'Traveling Soldier' fell from the #1 song to off th charts faster than any song had ever fallen.

Hard to argue with your list.

No mention of how many words you typed?

Great stuff.

Don't get the hate for Maines, but I also don't understand how one can watch Fox News.

My favorite musician is Bruce Springsteen. When he defended the Dixie Chicks for NM's statement, he had the same logical flaw some of y'all apparently have.

Of course she had the right to say it.

And those who call her names, and the radio stations who boycotted their music, had the same rights.

I never saw a reason to hate on them for the comment, but people are NOT free from the consequences of what they say.

ADVERTISEMENT