ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Augie would have loved this weekend ...)

Well, in fairness, we are seemingly so far behind in developing a culture where top O-line guys want to go (it’s a cult) that we must find great guys to develop and hire great coaches to develop them. We will have to take flyers on certain kids and pray that we develop the heck out of them. A prime example hopefully will be kids like Christian Jones. He’s a kid that has all the measurables, is very intelligent, great charector kid but didn’t play football (was a soccer kid ... think great feet) and then hope our coaches can get him where he needs to be. The kid came out of nowhere and wasn’t even listed in Dave Campbell’s magazine his senior year. Of note, my daughter is cywoods high school newspaper editor and wrote an article about him. It’s pretty good if I do say so myself.

Correct, but it wouldn't mean that some concerning issues don't exist.
Good lord, you’re such an alarmist. Surely you don’t have to be reminded that recruiting is cyclical and right now, the cycle finds a new coach in perennially underachieving aggyland who hasn’t shit the bed yet, as literally every coach for 80 years there has done by never winning a national title in that span. Last year Texas destroyed everyone in in-state recruiting and now, one year later, the sky is falling so Texas is desperately having to settle for 4 and 5 star players from other states?? GASP!!! Can things get any more bleak??!! :rolleyes:

Good lord, you’re such an alarmist. Surely you don’t have to be reminded that recruiting is cyclical and right now, the cycle finds a new coach in perennially underachieving aggyland who hasn’t shit the bed yet, as literally every coach for 80 years there has done by never winning a national title in that span. Last year Texas destroyed everyone in in-state recruiting and now, one year later, the sky is falling so Texas is desperately having to settle for 4 and 5 star players from other states?? GASP!!! Can things get any more bleak??!! :rolleyes:
I'm not sure that openly discussing concerning areas is a suggestion of bleakness. GASP!!!

Not as much as if you had updated the LSR 100 first, but no big deal.
You can make the case that using the Rivals rankings served as a greater tool in this instance, but no big deal.

You can make the case that using the Rivals rankings served as a greater tool in this instance, but no big deal.

At least we agree it's no big deal. Not even worth your first response. Don't know why you feel the need to respond to such a simple statement, and it would have been nice to be able to reference your current LSR 100 for players you mentioned, but again, it's no big deal.

Oh for sure I don’t hate the Aggs, I have a few friends that graduated from there... I recently discussed with a business acquaintance who went to OSU about how the Aggs are really locked into a losing position in a way too big conference. His point is they cannot sustain a huge contract, like you do ably point out, on their portion of SEC TV revenue, to pay for their head coach. They don’t recruit well outside Texas and they don’t have a national following as Texas does. Even OU has a bigger national audience than they do. There is no way they can prosper and grow a base in the SEC. Mediocrity is just where they will be. And I like it for them. No hate, just a healthy disrespect.
Good word. Money isn't an issue for aTm - right now. I stress - right now. But who knows two years from now and Jimbo has two seven-win seasons. Good friend of mine's daughter works for the A&M Foundation. She texted him (this was a few months ago) how they had $2 BILLION in pledges and gifts. He told me they're now at $3B with a goal of $4B.

But if Jimbo loses mo', ala Sumlin post-Johnny, we'll find out how much was pledged vs. collected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT