ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Breakdown on each coach on Tom Herman's staff...)

Brad Pitt was awesome in a River Runs Through It. It probably warrants a top 10 spot also because it was really his breakthrough role.

I wouldn't call the group at Baylor extremely talented either but they're in the middle of a 22-23 game winning streak and the #1 team in the country with less talent than what is currently in Austin.

Yep. Honestly, Drew's had a few teams with better individual parts then this one. I mean, will any of them even play in the NBA?

I wouldn't call them extremely talented. That's a big part of the issue right now.

Hmmm, yes and no. Are we the Anthony Davis-led '11-'12 UK team? Of course not. But our season is WAY below the level of talent on the team.

Legends of the Fall May be one of the worst movies ever made. Good lord.

tenor.gif

Reactions: jshorn
Yeah, but dollars involved in this are quite different. Aston makes pennies compared to the nation's elite and if Texas wants elite, it's going to cost them beyond the scale of what they've previously been committed to.

That's still not much. Aston makes about $800k. Even if you pay an elite HC $500+ more than that you are still only talking $3-$4 mil over 6 years. Not that big of a deal.

No mention of the job he did with Roschon?

The best thing you can say: His year of work in 2019 was pretty damn good. In addition to landing a five-star out of state running back, he help turned a true freshman quarterback into a solid immediate contributor amid an injury crisis and the team climbed into the top 50 in terms of national running game numbers without leaning on its starting quarterback to carry a tremendous load.

giphy.gif

That's still not much. Aston makes about $800k. Even if you pay an elite HC $500+ more than that you are still only talking $3-$4 mil over 6 years. Not that big of a deal.
For some reason, I thought she was making less.

Reactions: RLong68
The best thing you can say: His year of work in 2019 was pretty damn good. In addition to landing a five-star out of state running back, he help turned a true freshman quarterback into a solid immediate contributor amid an injury crisis and the team climbed into the top 50 in terms of national running game numbers without leaning on its starting quarterback to carry a tremendous load.

Missed it, my mistake. Thanks!

Taco. Rent free. If I haven't told you lately and from the very bottom of my heart - GFYS. Seriously.

Taco. Rent free. If I haven't told you lately and from the very bottom of my heart - GFYS. Seriously.

LOL. Triggered early. Ironic response for someone claiming rent free status. =)roll
Tell you what, you have a wonderful day. ;)

IMO,much like the softball coach, WBB is a place where CDC can make a "splash" for relative peanuts for a department that earns well north of $200 mil annually.

IMO,much like the softball coach, WBB is a place where CDC can make a "splash" for relative peanuts for a department that earns well north of $200 mil annually.
I have a hunch he’ll penny pinch.

It has to be said that so many of the best women's coaches are institutions at their schools and it makes hiring a little harder IMO. The women's basketball coaching community is led by a bunch of older coaches that have been around forever.

It's hard to find a the perfect target.

Reactions: RLong68
Great work @Ketchum

Hey a couple years ago we raised money as you and OB does and i won the hang out at plucker's for the first round of the draft...the boys still talk about it

Revisit? I'm up for a bid

ADVERTISEMENT