ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Channeling my inner Matthew... )

Pretty hard to be condescending without being arrogant.
More incredulous than arrogant.

It's always the rudest people on the board that end up making claims about how poorly I've treated them or how condescending I've been.

Usually, they've made some claim that is backed up with no supporting arguments (lot of that in here) and no matter how much detail I include in my responses, I get the run around in terms of a real response, while being name-called, have my ethics questioned or any number of things.

The very person who made the charge in this thread I consider to be one of the rudest people that roams the site. As soon as I see his name in a thread, I know what the tone will look like and how much condescending attitude I'll be dealing with.

It's incredibly rich with irony that those people are the ones that complain about the way their treated.

Reactions: cordpetee
UT did misuse Garrett, no doubt. If they wanted the next Vince Young and were going
to call the QB run regularly, they should have not recruited Garrett. He did not fit their offense.
Mack/MUschamp (the one who really pushed it) went away from the offense that won Texas a title and almost got them another in an effort to try and be something that didn't fit their personnel, including Gilbert.

Reactions: Elliot Carlin
Mack/MUschamp (the one who really pushed it) went away from the offense that won Texas a title and almost got them another in an effort to try and be something that didn't fit their personnel, including Gilbert.
I think Gilbert would have done fine if Mack had seen the light and gone to an
" Art Briles " type offense instead of trying to copy the SEC model shown by Bama et al.

The idea of starting a freshman QB is just another example of white privilege. If he were any other color, we would not be having this controversy.
---signed social justice warrior
Fair Statement, because if he were green, the controversy would be very different. Is he sick? Is he a Martian? Is he the Joker?

And if he were fuchsia, we would question that too. No fuchsia QB has ever led their team to a conference championship.

But if he were orange, like... burnt orange, you have to admit, that would be pretty cool.

Reactions: OldSchoolOrange
You didn't address any of the post. That's my issue. You make claims without supporting evidence and when I ask you to list the evidence, you turn away from that conversation and tell me that I'm out of line and being rude.

I don't need you to kiss my ass. I need you to be less rude when you're confronted by a discussion that sees you take wild swings.
Ketch, I'd bet it's times like this when you wish you'd have just been a print journalist for a newspaper. People think Kirk Bohls is a condescending A-Hole but there's no real forum for them to express it.

On the other hand, reading 10 pages of back and forth nitpicking gives this medium a real Jerry Springer-esque sort of drama which can be fun!

Ketch, I'd bet it's times like this when you wish you'd have just been a print journalist for a newspaper. People think Kirk Bohls is a condescending A-Hole but there's no real forum for them to express it.

On the other hand, reading 10 pages of back and forth nitpicking gives this medium a real Jerry Springer-esque sort of drama which can be fun!
jerry-springer-o.gif

When one works with the ones, the other works with the 2s, and vice versa.
Well, right. As one would expect when two QBs are competing for a job. They take turns working with different units. That is not "working exclusively with the ones," so why on Earth did you bring it up in the first place? No one is contending that a competition isn't taking place. Everyone is contending that your story about Swoopes being miles ahead is asinine.

Which it is.

a. They need to sign a left back. The rest of the defense will be much better. Matip will emerge as a starter at some point, as Sakho gives them another option as well.

b. Pool played with Sturridge, Milner, Matip and a fully ready to go Can or Origi. This wasn't them at their best.

I'm increasing my roll, not slowing it!

Yep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT