ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Chris Beard is a bad man...)

Check it out if you can find it. I thi8nk it is on Amazon Prime video.

Audrey Hepburn nominated for Best Actress. #10 on Bravo's "100 Scariest Movies." But not scary in a ghoulish way. It's suspenseful.

Won't make your "best ever" list but worth seeing. I loved Arkin's performance.

I'm in.

Reactions: DKinnamon
(Sell) I'm not buying that Schooler is going to have a bigger impact than Foster, but I'm not sure either will have sizable impacts.
Pretty tough when your can't say your starting safeties will have a sizeable impact and rush end is a total question mark. Can Suchomel pass rush and can Alex cover?

Yet, let me just say this once for the record and I'll move on from it. The Longhorns might have the right guy in place and this coaching staff might very well lead this program to a Big 12 championship, but it also may take more time to get there than anyone on Orangebloods wants to think about.

It might take two years before this program is ready to compete for a conference title and it might be a couple of classes away before it has the momentum needed on the field to overcome 10 years of slop.

Flame away.
I've enjoyed all the optimism around here this year, but I'm also glad to see reality is starting to set in again. Too many fans still don't appreciate just how big a wreck Herman and other leaders created over the past few years. It's going to take time to fix that.

8-9 wins and finishing 3rd in the B12 is the most anyone should expect of this year's team; anything else is a bonus. What's most critical is that by December it's crystal-clear that significant progress is being made on both sides of the ball. That's what will draw the attention of elite recruits.

And I agree that the unfavorable comparisons to Beard are absurd. Beard took a back-bench team to the national title game; he has instant credibility. And even then, fans should temper expectations as he implements his system over the first season. This will take time too.

No coach aside from Mack has won anything of real value at a school if he has not won a conf title by years 3's end. Or maybe its a national title, I don't remember. Thats why there is no time to wait to "build up" if you really want to challenge the bama, osu and Clemsons of the world.

Can't imagine that QBR won't tell the story of this season. Even more than yards per carry for Bijon. I think Casey will look better than Sam did last year.

Beard has done a fantastic job of building a decimated roster to a national level contender with proven talent and yet somehow he has messed up…

OB got to OB….
I didn't say that he messed up. Overreact much? OB, right? LOL

I remember hearing Everyone in the theater scream at That moment. I don't think any movie before or since scared me like that one.
Mrs. T-Sipper 1972

I've seen the movie like 5-7 times and I still jump at the scene you reference.

Don't let on as some here may watch it and wouldn't want to spoil it.

Reactions: T-Sipper 1972
... Kris Middleton is on the verge of being a made man. Can't say I completely saw this one coming.
If he's close to being a made man, show the man a little love when writing his name! As a fellow Khris, we get tired of seeing Kris. I know a Geoff can understand. 😉

I've enjoyed all the optimism around here this year, but I'm also glad to see reality is starting to set in again. Too many fans still don't appreciate just how big a wreck Herman and other leaders created over the past few years. It's going to take time to fix that.

8-9 wins and finishing 3rd in the B12 is the most anyone should expect of this year's team; anything else is a bonus. What's most critical is that by December it's crystal-clear that significant progress is being made on both sides of the ball. That's what will draw the attention of elite recruits.

And I agree that the unfavorable comparisons to Beard are absurd. Beard took a back-bench team to the national title game; he has instant credibility. And even then, fans should temper expectations as he implements his system over the first season. This will take time too.
always good to read your posts.

Question @Ketchum how do you think Zach Evans is feeling at TCU ..him and bijan were practically the 2 best RB in their class and bijan has been put on this pedestal and you haven’t heard much from that’s side

Question @Ketchum how do you think Zach Evans is feeling at TCU ..him and bijan were practically the 2 best RB in their class and bijan has been put on this pedestal and you haven’t heard much from that’s side

Zack balled out at the end of the season.

He had 2 100-yard games in the final three games of the season and averaged an absurd 7.7 yards per carry for the season.

Empire Strikes Back should be on that list.
No, it shouldn't be. He's entitled to have his own opinion without you et all the rest telling him he's wrong.
Texas baseball and basketball are telling Texas football to wake the F up.
No they aren't. They haven't even completely woken the Fqe up themselves yet.
Do I need to take the Yellowstone plunge?
Only if you cried when Old Yeller died.
I feel like you’re going to hire EJ Holland
I feel like you should cop another feel and also again
How does this basketball group compare to Michigan’s Fab Five a few years ago?
They don't. Michigan's players were all true freshmen.
Can’t believe Dustin is gone and we’re about to be a basketball school.
He's not gone. He's been sited on a couple of curren threads.
Spaeth will never think about being the runner up. He will forever think about bogeys on Saturday at 17 and 18
Nostradamus, is that you?

No, it shouldn't be. He's entitled to have his own opinion without you et all the rest telling him he's wrong.

damn, you went rapid fire 6-shooter!

What Beard is assembling is unprecedented in Texas basketball history and Texas baseball finished 3rd in country. Yes, they are.

ADVERTISEMENT