ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Cleo McDowell, Frank Erwin & more...)

am I allowed to say I hate the plot of this movie, although I don't hate the movie.

Lloyd has moments where he comes across as super pathetic.

You certainly can't already lower the board's opinion of your movie tastes any more than they are. Why not? ;-)

You certainly can't already lower the board's opinion of your movie tastes any more than they are. Why not? ;-)
Am I wrong about his being more than a little pathetic?

I mean... there are clingers and then there's Lloyd. Have some damn respect, son!

• Haha
Reactions: 65HornInTacoma
"My Best Friend's Wedding" has to be in a rom com top 10 list.

I also love "It Happened One Night", but that is more of a Screwball Comedy/Rom Com. A classic that won the 1934 Oscar for Best Picture. Did I mention it's old?

Reactions: texasfight!
a. It did very well for half a decade. Lots of big decisions supported by big ideas/money.

I think good culture is really hard to build. It's the kind of thing that people talk about a lot, but if it were easy, everyone would have it.
It is also much to do with the mentality and buy in of 18-21 year old players. Let’s face it. These kids are in the prime years for a later episode of “if I only knew then what I know now”. The culture at Clemson and Bama is easy when you are three deep at every position with national top 250 players. Someone doesn’t fit the culture you jump on it right away and send them packing if they don’t come around. It’s much easier to play the blame game when the product is mediocre to good. Hard to say that culture is holding back Bama/Clemson/tosu. Much easier to speculate if we could have won a couple of more games if the CTH teams had better culture/buy in.

Reactions: SarkAfterDark
It is also much to do with the mentality and buy in of 18-21 year old players. Let’s face it. These kids are in the prime years for a later episode of “if I only knew then what I know now”. The culture at Clemson and Bama is easy when you are three deep at every position with national top 250 players. Someone doesn’t fit the culture you jump on it right away and send them packing if they don’t come around. It’s much easier to play the blame game when the product is mediocre to good. Hard to say that culture is holding back Bama/Clemson/tosu. Much easier to speculate if we could have won a couple of more games if the CTH teams had better culture/buy in.
elite quarterbacking helps.

Reactions: Mike.Tip
Love to have seen Katy v Westlake and Cedar Hill v SL Carroll

Fever pitch with Jimmy Fallon & Drew Berrymore was a great movie & like bull Durham you gets some sports with it

Sleepless in Seattle is painful.

My go to's when the wife wants a "chick flick" that aren't on your list:

When Harry Met Sally
The Big Sick
The Wedding Singer
Hitch

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
The Ugly Truth
Begin Again
Yesterday

You were on a roll with the first 4.

The Wedding Singer scores highly with me because of this (obviously):

Other good choices are pretty much every Jason Sudeikis comedy (not all conventional rom-coms but the guy has a good eye for picking scripts):
We're the Millers
Kodachrome
Booksmart
Drinking Buddies
Horrible Bosses 1 (2 was pretty bad)
Hall Pass
Tumbledown

And...

A Good Old Fashioned Orgy (I had somehow never heard of this flick until maybe 2 years ago - it's great)

You were on a roll with the first 4.

The Wedding Singer scores highly with me because of this (obviously):

Other good choices are pretty much every Jason Sudeikis comedy (not all conventional rom-coms but the guy has a good eye for picking scripts):
We're the Millers
Kodachrome
Booksmart
Drinking Buddies
Horrible Bosses 1 (2 was pretty bad)
Hall Pass
Tumbledown

And...

A Good Old Fashioned Orgy (I had somehow never heard of this flick until maybe 2 years ago - it's great)
That is an interesting string of romcoms you got there!

ADVERTISEMENT