ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Core values in Norman)

Originally posted by teamtexas:
When a movie as good as the Fisher King gets left off an actor's Top Ten list, that says something about the quality of the actor's work. I might have had the Fisher King as high as 4th and I am not sure I would have put a TV show or concerts in the list. But the point still stands. What a talent!
I couldn't leave those non-movies off. Too personal for me to do so.

on the entirety of Section 1 ..... wow. Stoops is pond scum. always suspected it. this helps opinions lean strongly in that direction. How is this not an S.I. main article? Good work Ketch. One would think somebody would take your work and run with it. It is just awful.

as for the freshmen .... I think that is awesome. And also malcolm Brown ... have always loved his running style / effort. Wish him well.

Originally posted by Beast1513:
Spell check....grammar check.....for the love of God.....
I had it copy-edited, but it's a massive article and things get missed. Email me anything we missed, please. as opposed to not doing so.

Feel free to help.

Great column , some of your best work .
Notre Dame is all over the news for self reported academic fraud but OU is paying criminals to share their campus .
Something is very wrong , academic fraud is bad but the 2 really don't compare .

The Robin Williams segment was solid also .

I've seen all your tweets....I think for once, you could extract topic 1 and put it out there so it can be forwarded to those who choose not to pay for OB.

Originally posted by Esoteric2112:
Everton isn't crappy. They just aren't top flight.

I am sorry you sat through the Everton and Tottenham games. Glad they didn't run you off from soccer.

If the Cowboys give up 23 or less in any game I will pass out.
a. what does it mean that I watched both games and enjoyed them both?

b. HAPPY ZONE!

About all of this Oklahoma stuff, it will all be forgotten about by week two.

No one will give a shvt about Shannon sexually assaulting a woman.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Take A.Rodgers and don't look back!

I'd have Aladdin in the top 10, he was amazing in that movie.

Great write up on Stoops.

Originally posted by tumbleweedfarm:
Has Beck ever played TE, thoughts?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Yes, a little. I think it's just taking a flyer on a position you're kind of desperate at. Beck isn't pushing at linebacker right now, so it's an easy move to make.

Originally posted by Jeff J Black:
Any chance you might tweet a link to the "Core Values" piece and not hide it behind the pay wall?
Yes, it's eventually be a free article.

Originally posted by prahz2000:

Which is a huge part of the problem.

Ketch do you mind if I put your OU thoughts into an email and broadcast them to every human I know?

Take Qb in that position if passing tds are worth 6 pts. Thats a no brainer.

Helmet boy...you can't argue with math, son.

Originally posted by Dos Horns:
Way to go Geoff. Glad to see your comments on Stoopsie. I second the idea of sending your column to the major wire services. Nothing will ever change in Norman IMO, but your piece is right on point and well done.

Now they'll be after your ass on Sooner Scoop too! Good job harassing the Aggroids and Land Thieves with the ugly facts!
I don't mean to cause trouble for Carey, Josh, Eddie and the gang, but I take this topic very seriously and what's happening there deserves attention.

I've never forgotten the Chaisson thing. It's almost impossible to believe.

Originally posted by Helmet Boy:
I would take either Demaryius Thomas or Calvin Johnson.

Why do people consider taking non-Peyton Manning QB's before the 5th round? It's like failing Fantasy Football 101.
I think one can absolutely justify taking Rodgers and Brees early, especially if you believe in your ability to get good players throughout the draft/

Ketch is it cool if I copy and paste the Stoops part on Facebook? I will give OB credit if course... would just love for some of the dirt burglers I know to have a chance to read that well written piece

Originally posted by Jeff J Black:
I've seen all your tweets....I think for once, you could extract topic 1 and put it out there so it can be forwarded to those who choose not to pay for OB.
In time.

Originally posted by prahz2000:

It's already forgotten.

Originally posted by jailbot12:
I would have what dreams may come in the top 10
Missed by a hair. Not many folks would include Best of Times, but I love that movie.

Originally posted by ESADO!:
Ketch is it cool if I copy and paste the Stoops part on Facebook? I will give OB credit if course... would just love for some of the dirt burglers I know to have a chance to read that well written piece
Go for it. I'm eventually going to make it a free article.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by 40acrefanatic:
Everton isn't a crappy team, finished 5th last season.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I said that just to piss off the Everton fans. I'm practicing my EPL hate.
Well it is fashionable for Liverpool fans to hate on their cross town rivals at Everton. But if Everton is crappy it boggles the mind to think what an appropriate descriptor is for your Dallas Cowboys.

Ketch you forgot to mention that Room looked great as usual and that the 1st team defense only allowed 3 points ( maybe 10) if you count a couple of starters playing on that one TD drive. Overall the 1st teams looked pretty good and the depth appeared to be lacking primarily on defense. Offensive depth is pretty darned good.

Originally posted by Beast1513:
Spell check....grammar check.....for the love of God.....
I had it copy-edited, but it's a massive article and things get missed. Email me anything we missed, please. as opposed to not doing so.

Feel free to help.
I'll never understand why people get so bent out shape over that...

This is still a sports site and somewhat informal blogging takes place here.

If that person wants to correct 1rst grade grammar and spelling tests,...there's occupation for that person.

The good news is that DISD is hiring and this person could find some purpose in their life.

First the ags now Oklahoma.. You are truly the king of the truth trolls... Awesome

Originally posted by Helmet Boy:
I would take either Demaryius Thomas or Calvin Johnson.

Why do people consider taking non-Peyton Manning QB's before the 5th round? It's like failing Fantasy Football 101.
I think one can absolutely justify taking Rodgers and Brees early, especially if you believe in your ability to get good players throughout the draft/
Early as in 3rd or 4th round, yes. Early as in 1st round, that's insane. The opportunity cost of not drafting an elite RB or WR there is too high. Elite production at those positions is much more scarce and the delta of taking Brees over a Stafford (or another player in the next lower tier) is not that great.

This is all basic drafting strategy that you'll read from any source.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT