ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Core values in Norman)

Blalock got smoked on that play. Granted, not sure how smart it is to ask a guard to slide out to get a 265lb DE who runs a 4.4.

Ketch: This might be the best thing you've ever written. Thanks.

Hook 'em!!!

Originally posted by MikeCorleone:
Let's get real: OU pays Bob Stoops $5.25 million a year to win football games. If the administration doesn't care to stop him he can't be blamed for taking the best talent he can find. This is pro sports.
Pure horse sheet. If you are not man enough or moral enough to police yourself then others (OU administration, NCAA, Courts) should do it for you. His salary doesn't excuse his choices nor suspend his conscience (if he has one).

Jeff J Black posted on 8/17/2014...
Any chance you might tweet a link to the "Core Values" piece and not hide it behind the pay wall?

+1,000

Doesn't do much good to post an article worthy of 60 Minutes, only to make it available to paying OB'ers. What is happening not only there but in College Station (and the NFL for that matter) needs to be read by the general public over and over again.

Not a single Penn State style coverup (took what, 19 years to expose?) should be allowed any longer.

Take your argument (an excellent one at that) to the public, Geoff, please. For my two daughters' sakes.

Originally posted by Helmet Boy:
I would take either Demaryius Thomas or Calvin Johnson.

Why do people consider taking non-Peyton Manning QB's before the 5th round? It's like failing Fantasy Football 101.
This is the correct choice. I'd go with Calvin but I'd understand taking Demaryius. I wouldn't consider a QB until Brees/Manning/Rodgers in the 3rd round. Wide receivers have a much lower bust rate than running backs and there are too many good QBs capable of finishing as top five fantasy QBs this year to take a QB in the first (Andy Dalton finished 5th and Phillip Rivers 6th last year)

It also blows my mind that someone would consider taking Foster that early

If you absolutely have to take a running back there, I'd go with Murray

Originally posted by Ketchum:
The bottom line is that these things cannot be allowed to take place in the shadows. If Stoops wants to take this position with his program, he needs to be 100-percent honest with the public about it as well. The media as a whole giving him a free pass on the matter is insulting.
Surely you or maybe Anwar can find someone to run this up the national flagpole. What Stoops is doing is disgusting, it's a national story.

okie state prison at norman.........same as when barry was there !!!

Originally posted by PBR_StreetGang:
Still waiting to hear accounts of a prominent coach with Youngstown, Ohio ties that isn't a complete tool at his core. They seem to breed people like that there.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Being a dick seems to be the norm in Youngstown. I bought a business that brought with it some shareholders from there. Their attitude seems to be that since they're tough blue collar guys from the other side of the tracks, they're entitled to ignore moralities.

Originally posted by psychotiger:

Let's get real: OU pays Bob Stoops $5.25 million a year to win football games. If the administration doesn't care to stop him he can't be blamed for taking the best talent he can find. This is pro sports.
Pure horse sheet. If you are not man enough or moral enough to police yourself then others (OU administration, NCAA, Courts) should do it for you. His salary doesn't excuse his choices nor suspend his conscience (if he has one).
What will be the feedback Strong gets if he goes 7-6 his first three years, but with great kids and a squeeky clean program?

Ketch, thanks for calling out Stoops and the OU program. You are right, just insane the national media hasn't really grasped what has been going on in Norman for a long time. Just pray your article really opens some eyes.

Originally posted by psychotiger:

What will be the feedback Strong gets if he goes 7-6 his first three years, but with great kids and a squeeky clean program?
He will be handed his walking papers, and this board will be complaining about having a team full of choir boys just as we have in the past. If you can win and run a clean program, that's what you prefer, but if you can only do one of those things it better be win.

Originally posted by Fuddy:

Why do people consider taking non-Peyton Manning QB's before the 5th round? It's like failing Fantasy Football
Exactly. If foster is there hell be there in the next round. My league is ppr but I got him in the 4th.

Originally posted by JBR2009:

Why do people consider taking non-Peyton Manning QB's before the 5th round? It's like failing Fantasy Football
Exactly. If foster is there hell be there in the next round. My league is ppr but I got him in the 4th.
Yeah I mean there are running backs being taken in the 5th round who are just as likely to outproduce him than not imo (Matthews, Gerhart, Rice, Richardson, Fred Jackson, etc).

I guess add women to the list of things Bob Poops hates:

1. Baby Jesus
2. Puppies
3. Women

The guy's apparently is a warden, not a coach.

Kudos Ketch on calling out Stoopsie on his pathetic track record with femaile abusers. It needed to be done. Stoopsie smells an opportunity and is pushing all his chips to the center for 2014.

Fantasy Football Pick #9 - easy, go with Calvin Johnson and pick up a RB in rd 2. Wait on QB and load up on RBs & WRs early.

hell of a post about okla...that is ridiculous! im gonna send that article to my homeboy who is die hard gooner fan and see what he says haha.

Ketch, I too didn't realize that Robin Williams' passing would have such an effect on me. I had tears when I first heard about it and when the details of his depression and parkinsons....but man I wanted to just let go and have a good cry at the end of Aladdin...the whole idea of him being free from everything, no more pain or suffering.
ohwell.r191677.gif

great piece on the sooners. it is a little baffling to me that this isn't getting media attention. its as if the sooners get a pass because nobody outside of oklahoma and texas really care what's going on there.

Ketch going a little Thayer Evans on the OU football program, except his report is a work of truths.

Originally posted by thehornluva:
great piece on the sooners. it is a little baffling to me that this isn't getting media attention. its as if the sooners get a pass because nobody outside of oklahoma and texas really care what's going on there.
It's not just the sooners, I think it's pretty much college football in general that gets a pass. Especially if there are no formal legal charges in place. This stuff gets huge attention on the NFL, but it typically barely registers at the college ranks. Not sure why though. I think it hits more for the NFL because the media likes to make the NFL look foolish.

There's no time to report on something like that.

They have to report on Stoops handing out ice cream to the players after practice. He even rode in on the Sooner Schooner.

Ice Cream

Originally posted by bubba2023:
It's not just the sooners, I think it's pretty much college football in general that gets a pass. Especially if there are no formal legal charges in place. This stuff gets huge attention on the NFL, but it typically barely registers at the college ranks. Not sure why though. I think it hits more for the NFL because the media likes to make the NFL look foolish.
a. I have a real problem with that ideology.

b. I don't think if we look around CFB that we'll find a situation quite like the ones Stoops has created.

Why do people consider taking non-Peyton Manning QB's before the 5th round? It's like failing Fantasy Football 101.
This is the correct choice. I'd go with Calvin but I'd understand taking Demaryius. I wouldn't consider a QB until Brees/Manning/Rodgers in the 3rd round. Wide receivers have a much lower bust rate than running backs and there are too many good QBs capable of finishing as top five fantasy QBs this year to take a QB in the first (Andy Dalton finished 5th and Phillip Rivers 6th last year)

a. I'm with you on Demaryius. It's a contract year and he has Manning. Watch the hell out.

b. In a 6-point passing touchdown league, having one of the Big 3 makes a big difference. I can't get into my methods too much because i have too many guys in my league that read this, but I have a very sabermetric way of looking at FF team building and having a guy that is almost a sure-fire 25+ points each week cannot be overplayed.

c. Dalton and Rivers don't prove what you think they prove IMO. Yes, you can get a top 5 guy in theory by waiting, but then it's guesswork and luck at that point. The Big 3 eliminate the guesswork.

I'm really hoping Graham falls to me.

Originally posted by JBR2009:

Well, the PPR league is a important piece of the equation. He ain't lasting until the 4th in standard leagues, not even close.

Originally posted by bubba2023:

a. I have a real problem with that ideology.

b. I don't think if we look around CFB that we'll find a situation quite like the ones Stoops has created.
Probably not if you are limiting it to acts of violence against women, but you can certainly look around and find programs that have their share of terribly rotten apples and don't do anything about it.

There are way too many guys with Oklahoma ties for ESPN to breath a word of this about the almighty Stoops. If national exposure is going to happen it will have to come from somewhere else.

a. I'm with you on Demaryius. It's a contract year and he has Manning. Watch the hell out.

b. In a 6-point passing touchdown league, having one of the Big 3 makes a big difference. I can't get into my methods too much because i have too many guys in my league that read this, but I have a very sabermetric way of looking at FF team building and having a guy that is almost a sure-fire 25+ points each week cannot be overplayed.

c. Dalton and Rivers don't prove what you think they prove IMO. Yes, you can get a top 5 guy in theory by waiting, but then it's guesswork and luck at that point. The Big 3 eliminate the guesswork.

I'm really hoping Graham falls to me.
So you're increasing TDs scores for QBs by two points a game, and I'm assuming this is a 12 QB league. Let's say we are comparing the #1 overall QB to the #12 overall. Let's say Peyton passes for 45 TDs and the #12 QB (lets say Jay Cutler) passes for 30 TDs. That's a 30 point differential throughout the whole season, so about 2 points per game. To me that's not enough to justify taking a QB in the first round when you can get Cutler/Romo/RGIII/Foles/Ryan etc in something like rounds 6-8.

Last year in fantasy in most leagues the person with Peyton won his league (I can't remember the stat, but it was overwhelming). The problem is Peyton was going in the third round last year, so if you had him you also probably had two other studs you drafted before him. Right now he's going in the first round, and he's replacing a valuable RB/WR/Graham.

This year the QB position is ridiculously deep. Rivers and Dalton probably won't even be in the top 12 QBs drafted in most leagues. You can call it guesswork but I have three QBs that I think can be top six QBs pegged for the later rounds.

Stoops is the opposite of Charlie when it comes to taking violence against women seriously. That's not a compliment Bob.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT