ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Core values in Norman)

Originally posted by bubba2023:
Probably not if you are limiting it to acts of violence against women, but you can certainly look around and find programs that have their share of terribly rotten apples and don't do anything about it.

Ok, but this article is specific in its discussion about violence towards women, so let's not try changing the subject. If you want to have that conversation on another day, that's fine, but this subject is very specific in nature.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by JBR2009:

Originally posted by Fuddy:
Originally posted by Helmet Boy:
I would take either Demaryius Thomas or Calvin Johnson.

Why do people consider taking non-Peyton Manning QB's before the 5th round? It's like failing Fantasy Football
It also blows my mind that someone would consider taking Foster that early
Exactly. If foster is there hell be there in the next round. My league is ppr but I got him in the 4th.
Well, the PPR league is a important piece of the equation. He ain't lasting until the 4th in standard leagues, not even close.
True about the ppr.

I think fuddy said it best. There are guys that in my opinion will be equal point scorers with less risk to be had later.

I agree with your take on qbs though. How can you pass up a surefire 25 pts a week and wait for the middle of the pack later. Draft day is the best fantasy day of the year!

Originally posted by bubba2023:

Probably not if you are limiting it to acts of violence against women, but you can certainly look around and find programs that have their share of terribly rotten apples and don't do anything about it.

Ok, but this article is specific in its discussion about violence towards women, so let's not try changing the subject. If you want to have that conversation on another day, that's fine, but this subject is very specific in nature.
I'm on your side, I am just saying college football gets a pass for turning a blind eye to this stuff, not just Norman. It's ridiculous either way. Local media doesn't give a shit about doing exposes on the teams they cover, and for whatever reason it doesn't register with the national media until it boils over. So as long as you keep it from boiling over it never gets out.

ketch...you wear me out with your many good words and much good information...

so much good news and so many good insights...you must have your wife or a staff to help you put all this stuff together...

now go take some time off and relax...you deserve a break

Gotta be fun to character assassinate Stoops all day, while deep down the majority of Texas fans burn with envy that Stoops isn't the HC of the Longhorns.

It's times like these that I like to go back and read Ketch's priceless "The Worm Has Turned" article.

Originally posted by red river rat:
ketch...you wear me out with your many good words and much good information...

so much good news and so many good insights...you must have your wife or a staff to help you put all this stuff together...

now go take some time off and relax...you deserve a break
This was wisdom teeth weekend.

For the sake of justice, I hope teams with players that are decent citizens triumph over the hoodlums. I agree though with the previous poster that said this is pro sports with Fortune 500 CEO-type paid coaches, so don't expect a lot of civic leadership from them.

Originally posted by DeBarr:

Gotta be fun to character assassinate Stoops all day, while deep down the majority of Texas fans burn with envy that Stoops isn't the HC of the Longhorns.

It's times like these that I like to go back and read Ketch's priceless "The Worm Has Turned" article.
enabler.jpg

Also by character assassinate, you meant telling the truth, right?

Please feel free to point out the parts of the story that are untrue.

Originally posted by Vasherized:
Read some of the history of Liverpool from the 70's-90's under Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly. They piled up serious hardware and laid the foundation for Pool's legacy.

And while you're trolling Everton fans, one important fact to know is they used to be the same team. They split over 100 years ago over ownership disagreements about a variey of things, but the main one was the color. Red vs Blue. And the rest is history...and the blues will always be our little bitch.

As far as this season goes, until the strengthen the midfield, Pool won't contend for the title. As great as Stevie G has been throughout an amazing career, he's slowing down and remains a liability on defense. Lucas just isn't a top player. We need Emre Can to take over the defensive midfield role currently tasked to Lucas, and work Lallana into the starting 11. Bringing lambert off the bench just reminds me of Andy Carroll all over again.

Lovren and Manquillo both impressed.

You need to pick up an old Jonjo Shelvey Liverpool jersey.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
You are correct on Liverpool's midfield. Gerrard is dropping off...I was hoping Lallana could be the key in MF, but he's been dinged up. I thought both of the new defenders (Manquillo, Lovren) were good, and I am excited about Moreno getting in the mix. Those 3 will have really strengthened Liverpool's back line. Will help greatly as the offense won't be as salty this year. But that mid field....needs work....or it will be back to 2nd tier for Liverpool.
This post was edited on 8/18 10:52 AM by Reagan Dawg

Originally posted by teamtexas:
When a movie as good as the Fisher King gets left off an actor's Top Ten list, that says something about the quality of the actor's work. I might have had the Fisher King as high as 4th and I am not sure I would have put a TV show or concerts in the list. But the point still stands. What a talent!

Admittedly when Patch Adams is put on the list, you have a spot that could have definitely been utilized for something better.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by jnitetrain:
Originally posted by teamtexas:
When a movie as good as the Fisher King gets left off an actor's Top Ten list, that says something about the quality of the actor's work. I might have had the Fisher King as high as 4th and I am not sure I would have put a TV show or concerts in the list. But the point still stands. What a talent!

Admittedly when Patch Adams is put on the list, you have a spot that could have definitely been utilized for something better.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Dems fightin words!

Yes,

I have been envious of Stoops going to title games and major bowl games and being blown out by good opponents and beaten by teams he was heavily favored over (Boise WVU). . . .

Do you realize that until this year, Stoops had not beaten a ranked team in a bowl game since 2002?

Mack and CFS have made TEXAS more than just an NFL minor league stop. . . . .deep down, the majority of alums and fans realize (as they have for decades) somethings are not worth selling your soul for. . . ..

But hey, to each their own . . .

It is creating quite the polarizing conversation over on IT at the moment... not sure how any of those over there are trying to make a case against the validity or need for Ketch's article. Trying to make a case for the male's "rights" in this situation is absurd and part of a growing problem in our society. There are many old-timey morals that need to probably be evolved from what they used to be but man on women violence is not one of those. I get the point that women are becoming increasingly more violent with men and men deserved at least some limited right to protect themselves, however the number of situations that would even half way justify severely injuring a women is very rare if not non-existent no matter the situation.

Originally posted by Standaddy88:
It is creating quite the polarizing conversation over on IT at the moment... not sure how any of those over there are trying to make a case against the validity or need for Ketch's article. Trying to make a case for the male's "rights" in this situation is absurd and part of a growing problem in our society. There are many old-timey morals that need to probably be evolved from what they used to be but man on women violence is not one of those. I get the point that women are becoming increasingly more violent with men and men deserved at least some limited right to protect themselves, however the number of situations that would even half way justify severely injuring a women is very rare if not non-existent no matter the situation.
Sooooo.... I'm so disliked over there that there's a defense of Stoops' women-abusing players on the board?

Yikes if true.

Is that Justin Blalock trying to pull and whiffing on Clowney in that play?

Stoops is just following the lead of the NFL which is full of criminals. It's all about the money and it is destroying college football imo.

Ketch - great piece of journalism on the tolerance of female abuse in college sports. You should think about writing an op ed in the New York Times. I bet they would carry it.

Originally posted by Scanodd:
Stoops is just following the lead of the NFL which is full of criminals. It's all about the money and it is destroying college football imo.
I think this is more of an issue for the OU administration and the NCAA than for Stoops. Stoops is paid a fortune to win football games. That is how he is judged by his superiors. End of story. To expect him to further any other interests than winning games is not realistic.

The OU admistration should step in and take the decision out of Stoops' hands. But they won't, because they want to win games and pack stadiums also.

The result?

Daniel Sturridge flipped in a goal in the 79th minute to give the good guys a 2-1 win over Southampton, cementing my place as a good luck charm for my new team, something all the Johnny-come-Latelys that were rooting for Manchester United this weekend simply cannot say.

I don't want to take complete credit for the win, but it should be noted that Liverpool has never lost an EPL match with me riding shotgun as a fan.
As someone who went off the beaten path and chose Swansea City as my adopted team this off season, I think I got ya trumped. My fandom begins with them earning one of their most historic wins ever! :)

Looking forward to a great BPL season!

Originally posted by MikeCorleone:
I think this is more of an issue for the OU administration and the NCAA than for Stoops. Stoops is paid a fortune to win football games. That is how he is judged by his superiors. End of story. To expect him to further any other interests than winning games is not realistic.

The OU admistration should step in and take the decision out of Stoops' hands. But they won't, because they want to win games and pack stadiums also.
No, I think it is realistic to expect that a college coach to draw a line in the sand when it comes to the abuse of women.

Sorry, I refuse to bend on that point.

Originally posted by Ebeatty3753:

Ketch going a little Thayer Evans on the OU football program, except his report is a work of truths.
I understand what you're trying to say but comparing Ketch to Thayer Evans is like comparing Hawkeye Pierce to Frank Burns.

Hook'em!

No, I think it is realistic to expect that a college coach to draw a line in the sand when it comes to the abuse of women.

Bingo. It's a cop out to say he has no obligation to further another interest beyond winning.

Stumbled on this tribute to Williams. As a Vet, meant a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaSGG1Q3ulw

Hook 'em!!!

Also by character assassinate, you meant telling the truth, right?

Please feel free to point out the parts of the story that are untrue.

I never said your facts were untrue. I am just saying it is a piece of obvious sensationalistic pandering to your audience - simply meant to cause a stir. Well done.

I could also word it like: David Ash has been charged with the same number of sexual assaults and domestic violence charges as Frank Shannon and DGB combined, and it would be just as true.

The NFL does it right. The Commissioner steps in to handle punishment for these issues.

It is naive and unrealistic to pay a coach millions of dollars to win football games and then expect him to make these calls. Is it right? No. But it is reality.

Ketch, I am probably answering my own question but, how does a man, join with his wife and daughter to create an organization to promote non-violence against women, then look the other way, and then look at himself in the mirror? And, how can any "MAN" defend this BS action? If a man had been around when Mixon punched the woman Mixon would have joined the woman on the floor very quickly. I do not believe violence is always the answer but, when a man lays hands on a woman..., well then its time somebody was taught some manners. I do not know if CS will win "all" the games and turn this program back into a winning tradition but, I will tell you he will help a lot of boys become MEN! And, no one will want to play this team of grown men! Anyone can be a thug or do whatever it takes to win, it takes discipline and character to be a man. CS and Texas will turn out MEN. I will take that every day and twice on Saturday over winning at any cost. Our streets, cities, states and country will be all the better with MEN over win at all cost.

The NFL does it right. The Commissioner steps in to handle punishment for these issues.

Yeah they do it right. Ray Rice got two games for knocking his girlfriend out--lol. Maybe the criminal justice system should do their jobs and take it out of the hands of the fox in the chicken coop entirely.

Thanks for laying all the OU crap out there. It needed to be said. It makes me want to beat those bastards even more now.

ADVERTISEMENT