ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Core values in Norman)

Originally posted by DeBarr:

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Gotta be fun to character assassinate Stoops all day, while deep down the majority of Texas fans burn with envy that Stoops isn't the HC of the Longhorns.

It's times like these that I like to go back and read Ketch's priceless "The Worm Has Turned" article.
Also by character assassinate, you meant telling the truth, right?

Please feel free to point out the parts of the story that are untrue.

I never said your facts were untrue. I am just saying it is a piece of obvious sensationalistic pandering to your audience - simply meant to cause a stir. Well done.

I could also word it like: David Ash has been charged with the same number of sexual assaults and domestic violence charges as Frank Shannon and DGB combined, and it would be just as true.

Perfect example of arguing for sport while spouting total nonsense.

This post was edited on 8/18 12:42 PM by brichits

Gotta be fun to character assassinate Stoops all day, while deep down the majority of Texas fans burn with envy that Stoops isn't the HC of the Longhorns.

It's times like these that I like to go back and read Ketch's priceless "The Worm Has Turned" article.
Also by character assassinate, you meant telling the truth, right?

Please feel free to point out the parts of the story that are untrue.

I never said your facts were untrue. I am just saying it is a piece of obvious sensationalistic pandering to your audience - simply meant to cause a stir. Well done.

I could also word it like: David Ash has been charged with the same number of sexual assaults and domestic violence charges as Frank Shannon and DGB combined, and it would be just as true.
Typical Oklahoma response. Coerce or intimidate the victim into not filing charges and reaching the conclusion the crime never happened. The brainwashed fans believe everything they are told because they want to believe it so everybody is fat, dumb, and happy (except the poor victim) which is a typical Oklahoma condition.

Originally posted by tummer:

The result?

Daniel Sturridge flipped in a goal in the 79th minute to give the good guys a 2-1 win over Southampton, cementing my place as a good luck charm for my new team, something all the Johnny-come-Latelys that were rooting for Manchester United this weekend simply cannot say.

I don't want to take complete credit for the win, but it should be noted that Liverpool has never lost an EPL match with me riding shotgun as a fan.
As someone who went off the beaten path and chose Swansea City as my adopted team this off season, I think I got ya trumped. My fandom begins with them earning one of their most historic wins ever! :)

Looking forward to a great BPL season!
You sir... you deserve one of these:

slow-clap-o.gif

Ketch I'm more curious about who you pick on the way back round 2?

If you go QB in R1 do you go RB or WR?

never said your facts were untrue. I am just saying it is a piece of obvious sensationalistic pandering to your audience - simply meant to cause a stir. Well done.

a. which part was sensationalistic if the facts are all true?

b. Ash has not been investigated by the school and dismissed for a year for actions related to an alleged sexual assault, either, so there is that...

The University of Oklahoma actually agrees with me.

Great take on Stoops.
Clowney was the right choice but there's no way to validate the pick before his first regular season snap.

Originally posted by sendero95:
Great take on Stoops.
Clowney was the right choice but there's no way to validate the pick before his first regular season snap.
Regular season or not, you can see that he has elite-elite tools

This article has some good stuff on that play

Link

A Sooner coach with a lack of values? Who woulda thunk it? It's in their genetics.

Robin Williams - The World According to Garp would have made my top 5.

Originally posted by brichits:

Perfect example of arguing for sport while spouting total nonsense.
Yup, pure nonsense. I can't believe it was even typed.

Originally posted by caseylex:

I don't know that I'm taking a quarterback at all, I ust said I understand the thought process. I would prefer Jimmy G.at 9th.

Originally posted by Fuddy:
Great take on Stoops.

Elite tools was apparent before the draft but projecting his prolonged NFL success as a foregone conclusion is a bit much at this stage.

Great take on Stoops.

Elite tools was apparent before the draft but projecting his prolonged NFL success as a foregone conclusion is a bit much at this stage.
Barring injuries, he's going to be a star. A blind man can see that.

Great take on Stoops.

Isn't that true with any player at this stage? Since it applies to any player then can't we compare him against his peers at the same stage of their career and see that he's more talented than they were, thus allowing a projection of a career arch?

For example, he already looks much better than Keke Mingo and Dion Jordan did when they first started playing in the preseason against NFL competition.

Thought No. 1 is one of the best pieces you've ever written here. We all knew Stoops has no chin; now I'm beginning to wonder about his spine.

Originally posted by caseylex:

I don't know that I'm taking a quarterback at all, I ust said I understand the thought process. I would prefer Jimmy G.at 9th.
Depending on how the draft falls (especially if Brees/Peyton/Rodgers and a bunch of RBs like Ball/Lynch/Bernard/Foster go early), chances are there could be a very good WR sitting there at pick #16 like Marshall/Green/Nelson

My unsolicited $0.02

Depending on how the draft falls (especially if Brees/Peyton/Rodgers and a bunch of RBs like Ball/Lynch/Bernard/Foster go early), chances are there could be a very good WR sitting there at pick #16 like Marshall/Green/Nelson

My unsolicited $0.02
Totally agree.Gonna be a horse WR there for me. I'm thinking AJ Green.

My unsolicited $0.02
If Dez is there make the homer pick!

I think he will be a monster this year and I am not a cowboys fan.

Originally posted by JBR2009:

My unsolicited $0.02

I'm thinking Dez goes somewhere in picks #8-#12 in most leagues, especially if you have Cowboys fans in your league

But yeah it should surprise nobody if he finishes as the #1 overall WR in fantasy this year

My unsolicited $0.02

I'm thinking Dez goes somewhere in picks #8-#12 in most leagues, especially if you have Cowboys fans in your league

But yeah it should surprise nobody if he finishes as the #1 overall WR in fantasy this year
Better chance Dez goes in the top 12 than falls to No.16 IMO.

My unsolicited $0.02

Better chance Dez goes in the top 12 than falls to No.16 IMO.
Never know in a non ppr. But ya you are probably right. He went behind Demaryius, AJ green, and Calvin Johnson in mine and was drafted at 16.

I play with a bunch of half wits though (I include myself in that category btw).

I represented a bit wrong earlier we are a .5 ppr not a full one.

By this logic, I will claim the last 20 years of success for United, seeing as I started following them at that time. Boomstick.

Originally posted by tummer:

The result?

Daniel Sturridge flipped in a goal in the 79th minute to give the good guys a 2-1 win over Southampton, cementing my place as a good luck charm for my new team, something all the Johnny-come-Latelys that were rooting for Manchester United this weekend simply cannot say.

I don't want to take complete credit for the win, but it should be noted that Liverpool has never lost an EPL match with me riding shotgun as a fan.
As someone who went off the beaten path and chose Swansea City as my adopted team this off season, I think I got ya trumped. My fandom begins with them earning one of their most historic wins ever! :)

Looking forward to a great BPL season!
You sir... you deserve one of these:

ec

Originally posted by meroney04:
By this logic, I will claim the last 20 years of success for United, seeing as I started following them at that time. Boomstick.

def2fc75e1e6971d54204df8d88faa52.jpg

Originally posted by MikeCorleone:
Let's get real: OU pays Bob Stoops $5.25 million a year to win football games. If the administration doesn't care to stop him he can't be blamed for taking the best talent he can find. This is pro sports.
Let's get real: you just called Coach Strong an idiot.

Originally posted by longhorn4444:

Originally posted by MikeCorleone:
Let's get real: OU pays Bob Stoops $5.25 million a year to win football games. If the administration doesn't care to stop him he can't be blamed for taking the best talent he can find. This is pro sports.
Let's get real: you just called Coach Strong an idiot.
What?

Ketch,

Thanks for your article and showing class. I also feel you would have done the same thing if UT was doing the same thing as far as harboring women abusers. More should speak up, especially the women of OU.

DT

Originally posted by OwlsAndHorns:
Stoops' actions are reprehensible, and to be honest, I didn't fully appreciate just how awful it was until you wrote it all out.

Thought #1 should be emailed to every sports media outlet out there.
Agree. Nauseating story to read.

ADVERTISEMENT