ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Core values in Norman)

If it's a snake draft, take Calvin Johnson at 8. Then take either Dez or AJ Green with the 17th pick unless Le'veon Bell is there. Lots of RB's....and most are third and 4th round guys. Two studs at WR with the first two picks has paid off for me two of the last three years (last year, I had the number two pick and took Marshawn Lynch). But, that's because I picked the right RB's later. For example, two years ago I picked Doug Martin in the fifth and Alfred Morris in the 13th round. They ended up being top four 'backs. I have some sneaky RB picks for the mid rounds this year.

Originally posted by dtarver:
Ketch,

Thanks for your article and showing class. I also feel you would have done the same thing if UT was doing the same thing as far as harboring women abusers. More should speak up, especially the women of OU.

DT
I've very consistent on this particular subject.

Originally posted by SpaceCityWrangler:
If it's a snake draft, take Calvin Johnson at 8. Then take either Dez or AJ Green with the 17th pick unless Le'veon Bell is there. Lots of RB's....and most are third and 4th round guys. Two studs at WR with the first two picks has paid off for me two of the last three years (last year, I had the number two pick and took Marshawn Lynch). But, that's because I picked the right RB's later. For example, two years ago I picked Doug Martin in the fifth and Alfred Morris in the 13th round. They ended up being top four 'backs. I have some sneaky RB picks for the mid rounds this year.
I actually like running back depth in the middle rounds.

Great 10 Thoughts Ketch.

The Stoops slam gave me wood - flucking cheating suck ass gooners !!!!!!

Also, appreciate the nod to The Fisher King - one of my all time favorites.

"I can't believe I'm lying here naked in Central Park".

If the Texans get anything out of Cushing their defense could really be something special. They really blew it on Mercilus though... he is totally lost

Originally posted by MikeCorleone:
Originally posted by psychotiger:

Originally posted by MikeCorleone:
Let's get real: OU pays Bob Stoops $5.25 million a year to win football games. If the administration doesn't care to stop him he can't be blamed for taking the best talent he can find. This is pro sports.
Pure horse sheet. If you are not man enough or moral enough to police yourself then others (OU administration, NCAA, Courts) should do it for you. His salary doesn't excuse his choices nor suspend his conscience (if he has one).
What will be the feedback Strong gets if he goes 7-6 his first three years, but with great kids and a squeeky clean program?
People won't like it anymore that what went on with Mack's last four years Mike but I would HOPE to God we would not condone what is happening up in Norman down here in Austin.

I cannot myself think of ANY TEXAS alum who would -not matter what the coach is paid or his record...perhaps you can but I myself don't want to meet them because I forget my manners and put my boot where it hurts the most to bring them back to their senses.

Maybe that is naive-maybe to you that is the wrong concept-to me the
winning and the morality should coexist. I was raised to respect women
even the bad ones and stuff like this turns my stomach.

Now let me ask you a question-Would YOU condone such actions here in Austin (and yes I am aware we have had issues but we get rid of our problems).

Here is another question......do you have a wife or daughters or neices and is their safety less important than winning football games-would you send them to OU knowing that program is the way it is and your kids could be a target for a Mixon or a Shannon or a Chaisson or whoever.

Something else Mike......all of us here want to win but we also want to look at oursleves and be proud of our school-at least I do. And the salary point you make is garbage-for that money you better not just win-you rule that program and that means you have the right to nail a dude to the cross if needed-if your admins back you fine if not there is life other than coaching

I don't disagree with anything you said.

But we know the reality is that these coaches are paid to win. That is the criteria on which they are judged. Winning with good kids is a bonus, but is rarely mandatory.

When it comes to criminal type issues, I believe it is the responsibility of the University President or AD to step in.

I don't disagree with anything you said.

But we know the reality is that these coaches are paid to win. That is the criteria on which they are judged. Winning with good kids is a bonus, but is rarely mandatory.

When it comes to criminal type issues, I believe it is the responsibility of the University President or AD to step in.

Ketch - don't know if this has been discussed before, but as a Liverpool fan, you need to see this.

30 for 30 soccer story as good as (and sadder) than the Two Escobars IMO.

Hillsborough

far stronger........,,,,ketch ................so proud.......damn good job i mean it

Originally posted by Ketchum:
The bottom line is that these things cannot be allowed to take place in the shadows. If Stoops wants to take this position with his program, he needs to be 100-percent honest with the public about it as well. The media as a whole giving him a free pass on the matter is insulting.
I'd like to see you submit #1 to media outlets nationally and see if anyone runs with it.

Heck, get it to several women's rights organizations. OU and college football can't keep getting a pass for letting players act like animals.

Robin Williams is like Craig Biggio.

A very good, versatile player with a long career of good to very good seasons, but not a first ballot type of guy.

I'm really hoping Graham falls to me.
I'm picking 6th and taking Graham with my first pick. The difference between him and Gronk is just too great.

Then I'm praying that I can get Manning in the 2nd. The difference between he and Brees is pretty significant.

From there I'll take the best available.

I finish in the money about 60% of the time, and win outright about 30% of the time in my various leagues.

Rank your players by tiers (by position and overall).

Originally posted by Kronic22:

A very good, versatile player with a long career of good to very good seasons, but not a first ballot type of guy.
Robin Williams has a better career than Craig Biggio.

More like Rickey Henderson.

This post was edited on 8/19 8:09 AM by Ketchum

I'm really hoping Graham falls to me.
I'm picking 6th and taking Graham with my first pick. The difference between him and Gronk is just too great.

Then I'm praying that I can get Manning in the 2nd. The difference between he and Brees is pretty significant.

From there I'll take the best available.

I finish in the money about 60% of the time, and win outright about 30% of the time in my various leagues.

Rank your players by tiers (by position and overall).
Gronk and Brees could easily better Graham and Peyton. I'd take Gronk late second over Graham late first or Brees in the 3rd over Peyton in the 2nd 100/100 times given the pick value difference if you could promise me they would be there.

Gronk has scored 42 TDs in 50 career games and regularly is dominant around fantasy playoff time, and Brees has finished 2nd/1st/1st/3rd/2nd/1st in fantasy QB rankings the last 6 years. He's the surest bet in fantasy football.

Robin Williams has a better career than Craig Biggio.

This post was edited on 8/19 8:09 AM by Ketchum
This. Odd comparison to say the least.

Gronk in round two would scare the hell out of me.

Fuddy, you ready to hear about the trade I made last night?

Gronk in round two would scare the hell out of me.

Fuddy, you ready to hear about the trade I made last night?
To be fair it would probably late round two

Sure, hit me

Back story

I caught wind yesterday that the team with the No.1 pick in the draft had a trade in the works for the No.3 pick, giving up No.24, No.25 and a pick later in the draft outside of the top 10.

I owned the ninth pick in the draft and have Percy Harvin as a keeper for No.153 pick in the 13th round.

I stepped in front of the guy with the first pick and offered No.16 (2nd round), No.33 (third round) and an 11th round pick for the No.3 pick and picks in round 15 and 17.

It's a lot to give up, but it gives me two of the top 9 picks and assures me of having one of the stronger RB1 options in the league. Having Harvin as a keeper gave me the freedom to give up that No.33 pick comfortably because he's carrying late fourth early fifth and value

My thinking was that once you get to the 9th pick, you're choosing among the Murrays and the Balls of the world and this allows me to take best player available at No.9 because I'll have the top-end RB1 in my back pocket. I also believe that if I went to the guy that has the third pick (let's say he drafted Jamaal Charles), he's not giving him up for the players taken at 16 and 33 if offered (let's say it's AJ Green and Ryan Matthews).

Anyways, it's risky, but I trust myself enough to make it work.

Back story

I caught wind yesterday that the team with the No.1 pick in the draft had a trade in the works for the No.3 pick, giving up No.24, No.25 and a pick later in the draft outside of the top 10.

I owned the ninth pick in the draft and have Percy Harvin as a keeper for No.153 pick in the 13th round.

I stepped in front of the guy with the first pick and offered No.16 (2nd round), No.33 (third round) and an 11th round pick for the No.3 pick and picks in round 15 and 17.

It's a lot to give up, but it gives me two of the top 9 picks and assures me of having one of the stronger RB1 options in the league. Having Harvin as a keeper gave me the freedom to give up that No.33 pick comfortably because he's carrying late fourth early fifth and value

My thinking was that once you get to the 9th pick, you're choosing among the Murrays and the Balls of the world and this allows me to take best player available at No.9 because I'll have the top-end RB1 in my back pocket. I also believe that if I went to the guy that has the third pick (let's say he drafted Jamaal Charles), he's not giving him up for the players taken at 16 and 33 if offered (let's say it's AJ Green and Ryan Matthews).

Anyways, it's risky, but I trust myself enough to make it work.
I don't play keepers so I'm not sure who all is being kept and what type of player you're getting at #3 and #9, but I'm always a proponent of giving up a number of lower assets for fewer but better assets, because after all you're playing to win and high upside is generally the best way to do it

I would think OU could potentially be putting themselves in a bad situation. If one of the sexual assault team members commits another assault against a student, that next victim will hire a lawyer that will allow said victim to "own" OU, i.e., allowing known offenders to endanger other students.

Originally posted by HornDog:
I would think OU could potentially be putting themselves in a bad situation. If one of the sexual assault team members commits another assault against a student, that next victim will hire a lawyer that will allow said victim to "own" OU, i.e., allowing known offenders to endanger other students.
which is why the school wants Shannon out.

The bottom line is that these things cannot be allowed to take place in the shadows. If Stoops wants to take this position with his program, he needs to be 100-percent honest with the public about it as well. The media as a whole giving him a free pass on the matter is insulting.
I'd like to see you submit #1 to media outlets nationally and see if anyone runs with it.

Heck, get it to several women's rights organizations. OU and college football can't keep getting a pass for letting players act like animals.
The Obama Administration claims it is prepared to crack f down on schools that are not protecting female coeds who are victims of violence by male students. Just forward het article to Holder and Biden and let them take the lead in protecting the victims of eth OU team's assaults.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/white-house-issues-report-on-steps-to-prevent-sexual-assault-at-college-campuses/2014/04/28/0ebf1e22-cf1f-11e3-b812-0c92213941f4_story.html

ADVERTISEMENT