ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Dear Tom, we might not be smart, but we're not stupid...)

Why the hell is this even happening to us? I mean cmon, our biggest rivals are killing it. Twice now the coach we hire for their expertise decided not to do the job we hired them for. God I hate this staff.

Herms gotta change or ****ing go. I am not watching another game this year. Not spending another second of my emotional capital wasting it on this team.

But I will still be on the board, annoying the crap out of all y’all.

BabyishCloseBarnswallow-small.gif

I said it earlier in another thread & I’ll say it again, as as long as the players play to not make mistakes for fear of being benched because of said mistake (except for SE...obviously), we will never see the full game potential of any player under this coaching staff. Coach them up during practice and cut them loose on game day without fear of sitting if an aggressive mistake is made.

Ketch you said, "Ehlinger will almost certainly start this week against Tulsa, but I have to have to believe his leash will be very short."
I agree that Sam should be on a very short leash, but what in previous personnel decisions that have been made, e.g., Keontay, would lead you to say that.

And to add salt to the wound, Ed Orgeron and LSU are destroying Miami right now. That in addition to OU not missing a beat Saturday, Herman's recruiting job just got that much more difficult. Herman does not have much time to get the team, especially the offense, headed in the right direction. His fate may be all but sealed by the end of this season. I hope he understands the pickle he finds himself in.

Ketch you said, "Ehlinger will almost certainly start this week against Tulsa, but I have to have to believe his leash will be very short."
I agree that Sam should be on a very short leash, but what in previous personnel decisions that have been made, e.g., Keontay, would lead you to say that.
None. Although the way he handled the quarterbacks last year suggests he'll make changes from week to week if he needs to.

Reactions: Capn Oblivious
No. 6 - Compare and contrast ...
mississippi-rebels-wide-receiver-damarkus-lodge-holds-on-to-the-ball-picture-id1026022008

Full disclosure: I stole this idea from an Orangebloods poster. The idea is to take a couple of names from recruiting yesteryear and look at how things evolved once they stop being prospects and started being players.

We're looking at 2015 wide receivers from the state of prospect this week, partly because one of them had a big week this weekend.

Thank you for taking my “recruit lookback” idea and running with it. You are WAY better suited and WAY more experienced than I am to give hot takes on old recruits.

Here were a couple comparisons of mine from earlier this year:

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/recruit-lookback-otaro-alaka-vs-malik-jefferson.376705/

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/recruit-lookback-eno-benjamin-vs-toneil-carter.374385/

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/thr...ke-now-sam-ehlinger-vs-charlie-brewer.365322/

You are kidding right. Will start with Angela Basset for example. Not even close to Bette Davis in all about Eve or Karhetine Hepburn in A Lion in Winter.
Hepburn's performance absolutely received consideration. I think you are underrating what Bassett does in that film. I will admit that I love her, so there's some personal bias in MY list.

Reactions: marinehorn
G. in your first point is the what pisses me off the most. to think that that jackass is making 5 million a year to put that SH*T on the field is maddening!!!

Reactions: 3DHorn and texlarry
None. Although the way he handled the quarterbacks last year suggests he'll make changes from week to week if he needs to.

I would attribute that more to injuries than performance.

How many of those weeks was at least one guy hurt?

Difficult to buy Ehlinger is benched without being hurt.

I said it earlier in another thread & I’ll say it again, as as long as the players play to not make mistakes for fear of being benched because of said mistake (except for SE...obviously), we will never see the full game potential of any player under this coaching staff. Coach them up during practice and cut them loose on game day without fear of sitting if an aggressive mistake is made.
Actually the easiest way to get benched with this coaching staff is to perform exceptionally well.

Thank you for taking my “recruit lookback” idea and running with it. You are WAY better suited and WAY more experienced than I am to give hot takes on old recruits.

Here were a couple comparisons of mine from earlier this year:

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/recruit-lookback-otaro-alaka-vs-malik-jefferson.376705/

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/recruit-lookback-eno-benjamin-vs-toneil-carter.374385/

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/thr...ke-now-sam-ehlinger-vs-charlie-brewer.365322/
good stuff. Thanks for letting me steal from you.

I would attribute that more to injuries than performance.

How many of those weeks was at least one guy hurt?

Difficult to buy Ehlinger is benched without being hurt.
I think desperation does strange things to men.

Reactions: marinehorn
You nailed it ketch . This is not a stupid or uncaring fanbase. Too bad for Tom. We know what success, real success, looks like. How it feels. How it tastes. This ain't it. We are not buying the BS. Or the hyperbole. Or the sleight of hand. The jig is up my man. Put out a team that is well coached, or shuffle your ass out of town.

Hepburn's performance absolutely received consideration. I think you are underrating what Bassett does in that film. I will admit that I love her, so there's some personal bias in MY list.
It was a fine performance but I think you are overstating it. You probably won’t find it on any top 10 greatest performance lists.

This is based only on movies I've seen, which excludes all of the acting in The Princess Bride.

10. Vivien Leigh - Gone With The Wind
9. Denzel Washington - Training Day
8. Robert Deniro - Taxi Driver
7. Angela Bassett - What's Love Got to Do With It
6. Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight
5. Meryl Streep - Sophie's Choice
4. Daniel Day-Lewis - Gangs of New York
3. Jack Nicholson - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
2. Al Pacino - The Godfather II
1. Daniel Day-Lewis - My Left Foot

Dude — you’ve never seen George C. Scott in Patton ?

If not, go stream it NOW.

Reactions: 3DHorn
ADVERTISEMENT