ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Don't be surprised when these things happen...)

Hey @Ketchum could you put together an article on what other elite coaches have done in year 2, 3 and their new schools etc... Another words what are reasonable expectations for Herman moving forward...

I look forward to the day when everyone can spell Javonne's last name properly. It's Shepherd..not Shepard...not Shephard...not Sheperd...it's Shepherd!

Reactions: Fan in Dallas
Emmitt Smith is not the best RB ever. He wasn’t even the best of his era.

Barry Sanders is the greatest. 99% of non Cowboy fans agree on this.

Barry Sanders gets a lot of love as the GOAT, but I don't think he is.

He may be the best "pure runner" and had the most electrifying single runs, but he wasn't a complete back.

Barry Sanders would rip off an incredible run for 49 yards, and then they give him the rock one play later and he loses three yards. Then the offense is in 2nd and 13. Passing down at a disadvantage. I believe he led the NFL in most runs for a loss and most runs for no gain most years he played.

He had 10 years in the league and won how many playoff games? You don't think he had any decent OL during that entire time?

Barry Sanders was an incredible runner and I do think he's top 5, but not THE best.

BUY or SELL: Texas ends up with a top-25 defense and a top-50 offense?

(Sell) I'm iffy on this answer, just for the record. I suppose I'll believe in the offense when it gives me true reasons to do so.

These top defense and offense rankings might be more doable than you think.

Check out my threads where I compared Texas’ offense and defense to championship level offenses and defenses.

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/thr...to-reach-the-college-football-playoff.371546/

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/thr...you-need-an-elite-one-to-make-the-cfp.371681/

In summary, the 2017 Texas offense and defense ranked the following:

2017 Texas Team Offense Rank: 52nd
2017 Texas Points Per Game: 29.5

2017 Texas Team Defense Rank: 29th
2017 Texas Points Per Game Allowed: 21.2

Last edited:
Reactions: Craben
For starters, Earl rated lower than Faulk? You must be kidding me. Emmitt #1? Maybe you have some arbitrary standard in mind, but SMH. I don’t even see how you can have Faulk in the top 10. Over Sayers, or Simms? OJ at 8 is way too low. My gracious, Ketch.

Reactions: horndr
I get it’s just one year but does anyone really think it’s a good idea to have 47% of a recruiting class oos? This is the state of TEXAS, for Heavens sake.

I hope this isn’t a trend.

Reactions: WTexasHorn
Hire Beaty the day after Kansas season is over and turn him loose in DFW.

seriously, no kidding. You would have to be a very delusional Cowboy fan to think otherwise. The next thing we will be hearing is Jerry Jones is the best owner/General Manager ever.
Re-read his resume. It cannot be defeated.

Agree and ranking Smith number one is the most "homer" statement i've seen Ketch make. Fricking laughable. Smith wasn't as good as OJ, Sanders, Dickerson, Payton or Earl, and it''s not even close. Cowboy fan fantasies never end.
None of them have a resume within a 10-foot pole of Smith.

Reactions: TexasLawnghorn
I noticed you didn't name one thing any of them actually did or accomplished that was actually greater than Smith. You'retrying to live in a fairy tale what-if land. I'm just telling you what actually happened.
Thought you knew more about football. Oh well. Homerism can be powerful.

These top defense and offense rankings might be more doable than you think.

Check out my threads where I compared Texas’ offense and defense to championship level offenses and defenses.

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/thr...to-reach-the-college-football-playoff.371546/

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/thr...you-need-an-elite-one-to-make-the-cfp.371681/

In summary, the 2017 Texas offense and defense ranked the following:

2017 Texas Team Offense Rank: 52nd
2017 Texas Points Per Game: 29.5

2017 Texas Team Defense Rank: 29th
2017 Texas Points Per Game Allowed: 21.2
Fair point.

Emmitt Smith is not the best RB ever. He wasn’t even the best of his era.

Barry Sanders is the greatest. 99% of non Cowboy fans agree on this.
Barry Sanders only played in a couple of games that mattered in his entire life and he wasn't great in them.
Didn’t Barry Sanders rush for negative yards in a playoff loss to Green Bay? Maybe in 93 or 94?

I look forward to the day when everyone can spell Javonne's last name properly. It's Shepherd..not Shepard...not Shephard...not Sheperd...it's Shepherd!

Shepherd. Like the guy who's the boss of all the sheep. It makes sense when you think about it. Deal with it, Ag.

Ok @Ketchum .... great thoughts and I seriously appreciate your logic.... Texas kids are being recruited by everyone... so the door is open for Texas to go after out of state kids. I get that, and I didn’t see it as an issue under Charlie Strong and I don’t see t as an issue now.... just go after kids that can help your program.....

Real question is how does Herman crack into the DFW talent.... who is the coach to go in and break the OU stranglehold?

Love the go pro in the dogs mouth....

Thanks for putting up with all th off season BS!

Reactions: magnahorn
So Sanders pays because the Detroit teams he was on weren't very good other than him? I disagree with that. If Barry and Emmitt switched teams, and especially OL, Barry would have had defining moments too. Barry did more with less better than anybody else I've seen.

So James Lofton pays because the Green Bay teams he was on weren't very good other than him? I disagree with that. If Lofton and Jerry Rice switched teams, and especially QB, Lofton would have had defining moments too. Lofton did more with less better than anybody else I've seen.

Ok @Ketchum .... great thoughts and I seriously appreciate your logic.... Texas kids are being recruited by everyone... so the door is open for Texas to go after out of state kids. I get that, and I didn’t see it as an issue under Charlie Strong and I don’t see t as an issue now.... just go after kids that can help your program.....

Real question is how does Herman crack into the DFW talent.... who is the coach to go in and break the OU stranglehold?

Love the go pro in the dogs mouth....

Thanks for putting up with all th off season BS!
Texas has to do better in-state. Period. DFW is an area of weakness in the program.

Reactions: coocs and PaulieD
If Walter Payton had Emmitt Smith’s offensive line, there would only be a conversation about who is #2. Sweetness almost did it all by himself

Reactions: HkmTxsLnghrns
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT