ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Don't fall for the spring football okey-doke ...)

I would contend that the season for the women's basketball team starts with its next game, partly because it was empty in three games against Baylor that would have otherwise defined the season.

Let me get this right. Making the Sweet 16 for this team makes for a successful season?

In a sport dominated by the top teams that get to play the first two rounds against substandard competition at home?

Give me a break.
You don't need a break, you need a timeout. The inconsistency in grading the mens coach from the womens by you lately is pretty strange.

If Shaka had won a game like this in the tourney we would hear about....the Sun Devils had the best defense in the Pac-12 this season, holding opponents to 12 points or fewer in a quarter 51 times. Texas scored 85, with their starters sitting much of the last quarter. Instead, you write we played "substandard" competition.

The womens team is exactly where they should be right now in the tourney. They avoided any letdown, and beat teams they had to beat to have a successful year. Would it be disappointing if they lose to UCLA, yes. Would their season be a disappointment, to some extent yes. They should reach the Elite 8, but should isn't the same as had to. Winning last night assures that team of saying that they did the absolute minimum they had to have done this season. Its a successful season. It could become a much more successful season next weekend.

If you cant recognize this year as a success, and four years in a row of Sweet 16 or better as a success, I cant help you or your bias.

I would contend that the season for the women's basketball team starts with its next game, partly because it was empty in three games against Baylor that would have otherwise defined the season.

Possibly the goofiest post you have ever made. Trash an entire season to date and put everything on the next game. Unreal. At least you are being public with your bias.

I guess Mack Brown was a failure as a football coach because he had a 7-9 record against OU. Doesn't the FB team season begin and end with its rival? Bwahahaha. I guess this defined his career.

You don't need a break, you need a timeout. The inconsistency in grading the mens coach from the womens by you lately is pretty strange.
There's no inconsistency. I've labeled Smart an absolute failure through three years. You've invented something that doesn't exist.

If Shaka had won a game like this in the tourney we would hear about....the Sun Devils had the best defense in the Pac-12 this season, holding opponents to 12 points or fewer in a quarter 51 times. Texas scored 85, with their starters sitting much of the last quarter. Instead, you write we played "substandard" competition.
ASU was a 7-seed for a reason.

The womens team is exactly where they should be right now in the tourney. They avoided any letdown, and beat teams they had to beat to have a successful year. Would it be disappointing if they lose to UCLA, yes. Would their season be a disappointment, to some extent yes. They should reach the Elite 8, but should isn't the same as had to. Winning last night assures that team of saying that they did the absolute minimum they had to have done this season. Its a successful season. It could become a much more successful season next weekend.
Yes, the team has done the absolute minimum in its sport.

If you cant recognize this year as a success, and four years in a row of Sweet 16 or better as a success, I cant help you or your bias.
If you can't recognize that this team has stopped progressing in the last three years, hasn't won a conference title or been to a Final Four, I can't help you or your own bias'.

There's no inconsistency. I've labeled Smart an absolute failure through three years. You've invented something that doesn't exist.

ASU was a 7-seed for a reason.

Yes, the team has done the absolute minimum in its sport.

If you can't recognize that this team has stopped progressing in the last three years, hasn't won a conference title or been to a Final Four, I can't help you or your own bias'.

Absolute failure = Damn good coach. Time to stop this debate. Insanity has arrived.

Top ten team 4 years in a row isn't progressing because its not at the top of the top ten. Time to stop this debate. Insanity has arrived. I can only pray for the day when mens FB or BB is a top ten team 4 years in a row and posters complain that the season isn't successful without a natty.

Absolute failure = Damn good coach. Time to stop this debate. Insanity has arrived.

Top ten team 4 years in a row isn't progressing because its not at the top of the top ten. Time to stop this debate. Insanity has arrived. I can only pray for the day when mens FB or BB is a top ten team 4 years in a row and posters complain that the season isn't successful without a natty.
a. You can be a failure and still be a damn good coach. They aren't automatically mutually exclusive.

b. You ignored everything I said about the women's program and the lack of forward movement in the last three years. Insanity, indeed.

A top 10 team for 4 years is nothing when there are only 20 legit women's college basketball programs.

Reactions: misterdee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT