ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Don't fall for the spring football okey-doke ...)

Great article ketch. I’m not drinking any kool aid this off-season and I have my eye on Brandon Jones. It’s time for him to unleash his potential with his talent, Washington as his coach, and three years in the program. I think he’s going to have a big year. Big series sweep by the baseball team. We aren’t gonna compete with the big boys this year but they can definitely handle business with teams that aren’t big dogs. I’m really not worried about them missing the tournament

Excellent read. Much to agree with.
Especially football. Need to see results, meaningful progress player by player, unit by unit.

Reactions: bozans
Enough of the basketball trashing on the coach and especially the players. I spent reading some of the bullshit threads talking shit about the players. The crap I read about Dylan O was absolute disgusting - making fun of his weight, his hair and what a horrible player. Do you not think he is more upset with himself for missing at the charity stripe? Instead of feeling for the kid, some of "so called fans" trashed the kid. You are nothing more than school yard bullies that would not dare talk shit to him in person. Keep your venom to yourself on talking shit about a kid who has done nothing but bust his ass for the longhorns. How you feel reading this crap on OB about your kid as maybe the kids, coaches and parents are here reading your bullshit? Be better people!
People were absolutely out of line this week. That being said, his conditioning issues became quite evident down the stretch. It was a major issue in the final 10 minutes of Sunday when his feet stop moving on defense, he wasn't finishing rebounds and he wasn't involved in the offense at all.

I agree with this and am amazed at the hate, but DO was a reason we lost, instead of a galvanizing force in victory and he is out of shape. He shouldn’t be. Fix it or get replaced.

Reactions: Bottomsuppizza
BUY or SELL: Ketch throws a damn good kids birthday party?

(Buy) 25+ kids got a 2-hour free-for-all good time at Catch Air, complete with pizza, toy bags and 2 cakes from which to choose.
Did they get free lifetime subs to OBs? Gotta spread it like a virus.

2000px-Missouri_in_United_States.svg.png

Yeah, I was being a bit sarcastic about that. So what happened?
Nothing crazy. I just wasn't in the mood for the attitude today. I had sent him numerous messages in the last few weeks trying to find some common ground so that the moment could be avoided.

Ah! Well, maybe he will cool off. This is the best place for horns who care about the program, and I think he does. Sometimes we just get out of hand :)

As far as Spring practice is concerned, the only thing I'm interested in is the progress of the two freshmen QBs who enrolled early. I have very little confidence Ehlinger or Buechele.
That's fair.

Sam needs to level up. He has it in him both mentally and physically but we are going to need a bit of patience. He showed flashes but needs to play at a consistently higher level. And 7on7 is where you get your timing and pick your favorite receiver and work on the one play that you know you have when you need it the most over and over until it can’t be stopped.

Definitely won't take 20 years for the aughts to be seen as the golden years. They already are.

I was super critical of Mack and Greg during the 4 straight years of OU domination, but I'd go back to those years in a heartbeat. Then again, that doesn't mean that criticism was unwarranted.

The defense has ballers all over the field and no one on the offensive line to expose anything Nelson might be lacking.The center position is a concern.

I guess this is true. My main concern is the season, not the preseason.

Hope everyone in Austin is safe. Another bomb package in SW Austin.

Now reporting some sort of sign attachment, not a package.

I'll be watching both safety spots very closely. I'm president of the Chris Brown fan club due to his vicious hitting ability. But how well does he cover?

Ditto the interior of the DL. It'll be interesting to see how much we use 4 man fronts given our lack of an exceptional NT.

Ah! Well, maybe he will cool off. This is the best place for horns who care about the program, and I think he does. Sometimes we just get out of hand :)
Pissing on the thoughts of everyone else that disagrees with anything that you say, ain't about being a fan, whether you care about the Horns, or not. More like being an a__hole. Still got plenty of those on here, but having one less, if only for awhile, is still a plus.

Pissing on the thoughts of everyone else that disagrees with anything that you say, ain't about being a fan, whether you care about the Horns, or not. More like being an a__hole. Still got plenty of those on here, but having one less, if only for awhile, is still a plus.

I’m sorry, do you OB bro?

"elephant in the room" might be one of the most overused and often misused phrases on this forum.

There are plenty of people on this forum willing to and have been talking about the question mark at quarterback.

Hell, a thread about Sam's hot girlfriend on this forum couldn't live on without people bringing up the steps he needs this off-season.

It's not the elephant in the room, people are quite willing to share their opinions on the quarterback situation.

Well, what is your recommendation? Maybe sheep in the sh!tter, or lizard in the loo.
In short, don’t give your infinitely wise opinion without your insightful, borderline brilliant solution.

I'll be watching both safety spots very closely. I'm president of the Chris Brown fan club due to his vicious hitting ability. But how well does he cover?

Ditto the interior of the DL. It'll be interesting to see how much we use 4 man fronts given our lack of an exceptional NT.

Coburn come on down...

Reactions: Dualthreat
Coburn come on down...
Indeed, although I like Ojomo more. Coburn may be more ready to contribute though, since Ojomo is only 16.

Yeah, hard to know. I like Ojomo for redshirt. It is nice to have that option. There are some very convincing folks that say Nelson is gone, so someone needs to step up. I think we actually have some depth there so redshirting both would be nice. One day soon we will be rolling out badass redshirt freshman again and going “oh yeah, him”.

Reactions: marinehorn
Big series sweep by the baseball team. We aren’t gonna compete with the big boys this year but they can definitely handle business with teams that aren’t big dogs. I’m really not worried about them missing the tournament
The pitching needs to continue to find its way. It's like this year is the opposite of last year, pitching/hitting-wise.

Nothing crazy. I just wasn't in the mood for the attitude today. I had sent him numerous messages in the last few weeks trying to find some common ground so that the moment could be avoided.
Let me report my version!
So Ketch hammered out and jammed chip! Tightened that Ban Hammer upside Wiz's head like a mutherrrrrrrr. Shiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Reactions: hutchenc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT