ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Don't get mad at me for saying this...)

Cowboys should buy lottery tickets tonight. Dak fumbled the ball forward twice and both times the ball bounced three feet in the air right back into his arms while he was in full stride. Just ridiculously lucky shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: marinehorn
Have you seen the stats of the competition?

Yes. They’re all fairly close. People watch the games too, it won’t be straight stats. It will be Hollywood Brown, Wesley and CJ.

It's probably a piece of it. They don't seem to baby Sterns or Foster.
Sure, but every person is different in terms of what they can carry at what point.

I think they've earned some trust in this department. The heavy reliance on Sterns & Foster underscores the point that they're not simply holding Ingram back for no reason at all.

Yes. They’re all fairly close. People watch the games too, it won’t be straight stats. It will be Hollywood Brown, Wesley and CJ.
Tylan Wallace is 5th in the nation in receiving yards, averages more yards per catch and has the same number of touchdowns.

Sure, but every person is different in terms of what they can carry at what point.

I think they've earned some trust in this department. The heavy reliance on Sterns & Foster underscores the point that they're not simply holding Ingram back for no reason at all.
Watson is now averaging 3.8 yards per carry, nearly three yards less per carry than Ingram.

Reactions: Cdun
So many great music centered films.

A few worth considering in a top 10:
- Purple Rain
- The Blues Brothers
- A Mighty Wind
- Amadeus
- Pink Floyd The Wall
- Footloose
- The Commitments
I don't know how I forgot Purple Rain. The list will be amended immediately.

Reactions: marinehorn
@Ketchum ...
I sincerely appreciate your efforts and I agree that it is amazing that Texas is in the chase..... I like your recruiting stories.... and I wonder... do you know Lonnie Bennett ? Any stories about him?
@Ketchum

I would love recruiting stories about a handful of ag recruiting “experts”.

Watson is now averaging 3.8 yards per carry, nearly three yards less per carry than Ingram.
I get that, but there may be more to it than that.

I agree that eventually it is going to be Ingram's position, and that may be as soon as two weeks from now. I'm just saying that the caution regarding Ingram is not arbitrary. There is a reason, and we need to trust that the coaches are doing the right thing.

Or do you have information that indicates a prejudice of some sort against Ingram?

Yet, here he is seven games into his redshirt freshman season and a case can be made that Cosmi is performing at a level higher than any other tackle in the Big 12.

Yet not on your first team big 12....

Reactions: collinhookem18
So many great music centered films.

A few worth considering in a top 10:
- Purple Rain
- The Blues Brothers
- A Mighty Wind
- Amadeus
- Pink Floyd The Wall
- Footloose
- The Commitments

Purple Rain is awesomely bad. Great soundtrack and a redeemable plot but Prince has to be behind only George Strait in the worst musician actors of all time.

I don't know how I forgot Purple Rain. The list will be amended immediately.
purple_rain.0.gif

@Ketchum Interesting comparison of LJH, CJ, DD vs Roy, BJ, Sloan.

I think in terms of pure talent and even production you are dead on.

But let me put this on you. Did Roy, BJ, Sloan EVER even come close to having one of them throw to a TD pass to the other in an offensive explosion against the gooners?

That has to be worth something.

So if you take Roy/BJ/Sloane over Collin/LJH/Duvernay (I agree with you there)...

Who do you take between the Collin/LJH duo vs the Shipley/Quan duo? As you just noted, statistically they are very similar, but this years group is doing it with inferior QB play. The older duo could both give you a punt or KO return for a TD, but the newer group is more physically gifted and tougher for DBs to match up with.

I think I would lean in favor of Collin/LJH after realizing they are statistically equal this year.

Reactions: txfight
Yet, here he is seven games into his redshirt freshman season and a case can be made that Cosmi is performing at a level higher than any other tackle in the Big 12.

Yet not on your first team big 12....
No, not on my projected Big 12 team. I didn't name MY all-Big 12 teams.

Reactions: MATF and marinehorn
ADVERTISEMENT