ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Don't get mad at me for saying this...)

@Ketchum have you seen The Commitments? Great movie about music/band. I think I read Andrew Strong was 16 when they filmed the movie. His version of Try A Little Tenderness is great.
I don't think I have.

So if you take Roy/BJ/Sloane over Collin/LJH/Duvernay (I agree with you there)...

Who do you take between the Collin/LJH duo vs the Shipley/Quan duo? As you just noted, statistically they are very similar, but this years group is doing it with inferior QB play. The older duo could both give you a punt or KO return for a TD, but the newer group is more physically gifted and tougher for DBs to match up with.

I think I would lean in favor of Collin/LJH after realizing they are statistically equal this year.
Jordan is the greatest receiver in school history.

I thought in your story time lead in you were going to finally dish on the Scott recruitment.
Hasn't that story been told a million times?

Has it. I missed it all then. There was allusions to all kinds of foul play $$$ when it happened and I thought I remembered you saying some day it would be in your book. Maybe I missed it and maybe I misremembered. No worries just thought that was what was coming.

Reactions: tonog and MATF
No. 9 - The List: Top 10 Favorite Movies About Music …

10. Crazy Heart
9. La Bamba
8. Walk The Line
7. High Fidelity
6. 8 Mile
5. Eddie and the Cruisers
4. Whiplash
3. Purple Rain
2. A Star is Born (2018)
1. Almost Famous

--------
Good list but "That Thing You Do" deserves a spot in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: HllCountryHorn
No, not on my projected Big 12 team. I didn't name MY all-Big 12 teams.

Indeed. Your words..

I was thinking about the players on this team that I believe are headed towards all-Big 12 seasons and here's where my head is coming out of the weekend.

(Note: This is the way I think it would shake out if the voting occurred today, not automatically who I would choose if I was making the decisions.)

First-team All-Big 12 Offense: Calvin Anderson (LT)

Note not even second team? ....have you seen a better lineman in the big 12? I have not. Hes materially better in run game than CA.

No. 9 - The List: Top 10 Favorite Movies About Music ...

giphy.gif

After catching the soon-to-be-Oscars-contender A Star is Born last weekend, I wondered what a Top 10 list of my own personal favorite movies centered on some form of the music world might look like.

Excluding musicals, movies centered around dancing or simply having an awesome soundtrack, here's what I came up with.

10. Crazy Heart
9. La Bamba
8. Walk The Line
7. High Fidelity
6. 8 Mile
4. Whiplash
3. Purple Rain
2. A Star is Born (2018)
1. Almost Famous

^^^^hasn’t seen Amadeus^^^^

No. 2 - About the play-tipping on offense ...

Ha! I was telling my buddy a very similar thing while we sat at the game yesterday. I successfully called 13 straight plays (run vs pass) spread between two possessions.

Also, I feel like Buechele tends to stretch his arms waaaay far out very early when he’s planning to hand the ball off. There’s no element of surprise whatsoever. A play-action fake is non-existent when he’s on the field.

BUY or SELL: You’d take Collin/LJH/Devin over Roy/BJ/Sloan?
(Sell) With all due respect to Johnson and Humphrey, neither is the physically freakish animal that Roy Williams was.

for sh*ts and grins. How many touchdown receptions did Roy/BJ/Sloan have against OU ?? Look it up, I challenge you

Against OU, we had the nations #1 QB recruit (Simms) , nations #1 RB recruit (Benson), and the top trio of receivers (listed above) on the field and did Mack Brown play to win ??? I still remember close to the end of the first half in an OU game we had all these on the field, the ball at the 50, and Mack chose to run out the clock. Maddest I have ever been at Mack

2. Why are we tipping off our run/pass intentions to our opponents?

Crazy it's happening and even crazier that we have succeeded while tipping our run/pass intentions.

Have our coaches not heard Joel Klatt mention this and others talking about this play tipping?

#1 press conference question for Herman.

Lol at 8 mile be in a top ten list! Movie was as shitty as Eminem’s mom’s spaghetti probably is in real life.

Jordan is the greatest receiver in school history.

Youre right, but if you were a defensive coordinator, which duo would you rather try to defend? The two pairs have different skillsets, but this current group has physical attributes that allow them to make contested catches downfield that Jordan and Quan simply dont have in their toolbox. Jordan and Quan also received the benefit in 2008 of the best season of QB passing in school history, while Collin and LJH are putting up 1000 yard seasons with average QB play.

Its your fault Im considering this debate. I wouldnt be thinking about it if you didnt educate me on the type of historic season they are posting.

No. 9 - The List: Top 10 Favorite Movies About Music ...

giphy.gif

After catching the soon-to-be-Oscars-contender A Star is Born last weekend, I wondered what a Top 10 list of my own personal favorite movies centered on some form of the music world might look like.

Excluding musicals, movies centered around dancing or simply having an awesome soundtrack, here's what I came up with.

10. Crazy Heart
9. La Bamba
8. Walk The Line
7. High Fidelity
6. 8 Mile
4. Whiplash
3. Purple Rain
2. A Star is Born (2018)
1. Almost Famous

The movie list made me think of a couple of quizzes that I published at funtrivia.com a few years ago. Neither are a big deal. You just made me think of them. I had more fun with one than the other. The second one was in response to people complaining that the first one was too hard. (I didn’t think so.) You should be able to answer most questions in both.

http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/Movies/Melodic-Movies-363993.html

http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/Movies/Celluloid-Musicians-363614.html

Reactions: LSM_Zach and MATF
I don’t think Texas is good enough to win 12 in a row this year, but I hope I’m wrong.

Nice call out on Whiplash. Great movie.

How many QC coaches do we have on staff? With all due respect to Joel Klatt, how the F do we miss that for 7 weeks?

Reactions: misterdee
High Fidelity has one of the greatest lines in cinema history.

A rain-soaked John Cusack screaming from the street to Catherine Zeta-Jones:

“Charlie...you f&$king bitch... let’s work it out!!”

Reactions: LSM_Zach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT