ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Drink the Kool-Aid I'm pouring...)

Man, I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more with your thought analysis on Blue skipping his "senior" year of HS. I have zero clue what's been said about him on message boards...as if that holds any water to begin with. However, a 17 yr old skipping out for his "future NFL" career is laughable at best. Sure, his choice and that's the country/society we live in...but come on, stop making this sound like it's no big deal. You brought up Golf of all sports too???????? Let me ask you this, what if it's a Sophomore next...or a freshman saying the same thing? Hope you have the same thoughts. Sure, we all hope it works out best for the kid, but to think this is a reasonable decision is bizarre to me.
If they start offering sophomores full rides to come to college and play football without seeing there other two years of High school film then by all means they should sit out. It increases the probability of longevity in the game. No one can dispute that even tho ya'll consistently try with frivolties. Anybody with any eyesight and understanding of the game can see Blue has the raw talent and innate abilities you cant teach. The worst thing that could happen by him sitting out his senior year is he will prolley redshirt as a freshman at Texas. Which in fact isnt a negative at all, but a positive.

Reactions: styrbjorn
All of this is beside the point, in my opinion.

If skipping senior football costs Blue his opportunity at Texas, it'll be a bad decision. If Blue doesn't use the time to train, prepare, and keep his grades up, it'll be a bad decision. So yeah, this might be a mistake on his part.

But if Blue works hard and comes to Texas ready to play, then regardless of how things turn out beyond that point, the decision hasn't really cost him much.

Whether he makes the NFL or not is going to depend on what he does in college, not on what he didn't do in high school. How he does beyond football is going to depend on how he handles his UT course load and whether he gets his T ring. It won't depend on whether he played his senior year at Klein.
Is there a forward button to make erbody read this quote like 7-8 times so they can stop making fallacious arguments about how this is a bad decision for a guy who already has his college football scholarship offer.

Reactions: styrbjorn
Teams don't matter more than a person's own best self-interest.

VY had to look out for himself when he left the team in 2006.

You can say that it was a higher level and that he left for tens of millions, but the bottom line remains the same in that you have to look out for yourself first at critical moments in life decision-making.

Blue has accomplished everything he can accomplish in high school. If we're keeping it 100, he's just running out the clock and hoping not to get injured. I'm just not sure he's at a position where the juice is worth the squeeze.
It's getting worse and if it starts happening in high school nothing will be worth watching anymore. I had no problem with what VY did though. That IS different. For one thing, he wasn't still at UT.

It's getting worse and if it starts happening in high school nothing will be worth watching anymore. I had no problem with what VY did though. That IS different. For one thing, he wasn't still at UT.
what do you mean?

ADVERTISEMENT