ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Excusing Sark, buying Card stock and a move)

Good lord Ketch, Montgomery County is almost as red-ass aggy as College Station...pepper your anus!

Welcome to The Woodlands @Ketchum. Which Village did y'all move into? In addition to several BBQ places mentioned, check out Godfather BBQ on 1488 and 3rd Coast BBQ in Oak Ridge. Both are very good, and a few items have a bitt more spice if that is your thing. I have lived here since 1994 since making the big trek all the way up from Spring.

Also you can check out Big City Wings near the Woodlands which @Samtheman1982 would appreciate.

Can't wait until the first Woodlands OB Happy Hour.
Thank’s brother!

Reactions: LonghornCPA82
Damn fine read, Ketch. Like the comments on Sark and expectations. So far so good with Sark, but next year will be tough.

Welcome to The Woodlands. I live 7-8 miles north in Conroe. Born and raised here and lived here except for 20+ years in Austin. Woodlands is knocking on 115k in population. Conroe is edging up over 80k. Both have grown like crazy the last decade.

There are some great restaurants in The Woodlands. Much of what is in Austin (and Houston) are in The Woodlands as far as quality chains, particularly steak places. County Courthouse is in Conroe. So is Conroe/N Houston Regional Airport. Bush airport is close to Woodlands on East side of I-45.

Try the Black Walnut at Research Forest and Great Hills for lunch and dinner. Not far from 45. Great little cafe. Conroe has one at the airport. Also Fielding's for lunch and dinner, also on Research Forest Dr. Most of the nice chain steak places are there as well.

You are also only a few minutes from Lake Conroe if you like lakes for you or the kids. North on I-45 to 105 (the main East/West artery in Conroe) and West on 105 runs you right into it.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: DB1984
Also super close to Conroe.Maybe 15 minutes up 45 N.
I used to make it from Montgomery County (MoCo) Courthouse in downtown Conroe to The Woodlands Township government building in less than that. Of course normal speed w/o a wreck on 45 between Conroe and Woodlands is about 80. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: jennv
Kind of nice for me to be interested in reading Hoops updates again....

The butthurt will be flowing through @jshorn more intensely than ever bro. Will be incredibly entertaining.

Hopefully we start getting ‘Stros at least 1 paragraph per week in War Room and TTTFTW. Deshaun deserves his own paragraph for a while as well.

When I am staying at my place in G-Town this summer your gonna need to catch some Stros games in the suite Hoss.
Weekly updates on whether Stros can get above .500 and Watson’s legal troubles would be good. Call it “Searching for a happy ending.”

The Woodlands.

I've made my wife life without her family for 15 years. It was time to let her have the support system she craves.
The idea that Austin to Houston is too far away to have family support is blowing my mind. To be fair, my perspective is likely warped because we haven't lived closer than 5 hours to either of our parents in over 15 years, or closer than 20 hours for the past 8 years. Being only a two hour car ride away would be amazing.

Consider me very nervous about the opener against Louisana. The one benefit we have is knowing before hand they are legit good and we won't take them lightly like probably Iowa State did last season against them.
Still... is there any way to not overlook them a little? They have zero sticker appeal.

LOL! Yes, there is a difference. I like Houston -- a lot. But The Woodlands is different. One just has to decide what one needs and wants. We've lived in the Woodlands since 2008 and haven't looked back. Welcome, @Ketchum.

Also, it's easier to get to Austin from The Woodlands!
The fact that I can't find anything definitely makes it different. lol

Reactions: Jim DeLoach
I have relatives in Spring and Conroe. The Woodlands is very nice.

Are we going to pick up any offensive linemen from the portal you think? I'm hoping for two.
Texas has to decide where it wants to allocate those three available spots. I think two could very well go to the OL.

Reactions: J Tull
Damn fine read, Ketch. Like the comments on Sark and expectations. So far so good with Sark, but next year will be tough.

Welcome to The Woodlands. I live 7-8 miles north in Conroe. Born and raised here and lived here except for 20+ years in Austin. Woodlands is knocking on 115k in population. Conroe is edging up over 80k. Both have grown like crazy the last decade.

There are some great restaurants in The Woodlands. Much of what is in Austin (and Houston) are in The Woodlands as far as quality chains, particularly steak places. County Courthouse is in Conroe. So is Conroe/N Houston Regional Airport. Bush airport is close to Woodlands on East side of I-45.

Try the Black Walnut at Research Forest and Great Hills for lunch and dinner. Not far from 45. Great little cafe. Conroe has one at the airport. Also Fielding's for lunch and dinner, also on Research Forest Dr. Most of the nice chain steak places are there as well.

You are also only a few minutes from Lake Conroe if you like lakes for you or the kids. North on I-45 to 105 (the main East/West artery in Conroe) and West on 105 runs you right into it.

Good luck.
I stumbled upon Black Walnut on accident and have been there twice. It gives Kerby Lane a run for its money!

Reactions: J Tull
The idea that Austin to Houston is too far away to have family support is blowing my mind. To be fair, my perspective is likely warped because we haven't lived closer than 5 hours to either of our parents in over 15 years, or closer than 20 hours for the past 8 years. Being only a two hour car ride away would be amazing.
Other than her mom a few times a year, her family has never really visited in 15 years. We not live a few blocks from her grandmother.

I’m on daddy duty, but it’s still possible.
I'm also in town Tuesday and Wednesday, but I'm getting my second shot on Wed and coming right back in preparation for feeling like shit.

* I am new to the Terrance Arceneaux bandwagon, but I really want to watch this kid play college basketball on an every night basis if at all possible. Dude has a great name, exciting skills and body language/swag that screams big-time college basketball player.

It's not a stretch to say that comparatively speaking, the '22 hoops crop in-state is stronger than it's football counterpart. Think about that for a second.

ADVERTISEMENT