ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Explaining Flood's Obsession With Monsters)

This describes me, but I’m only one person and I’ve never done any research. I think for me it’s just a feeling that It’s mostly all “team speak” and general feel good stuff without a lot of substance. I don’t need to hear about their favorite music or food or that they think the team is working hard and this guy or that guy is standing out etc etc. There’s just not much value in that stuff for me.
You proved to not be alone in that.

You proved to not be alone in that.
All of the kids were personable and I watched all the videos regardless of sport. But the kids are filtered which is probably the right thing. As much as we joke about "free Moro" what would a locker room be like if kids were giving the critiques of fellow players and coaches. Off the record as sources is probably a more valuable information than getting guys disgruntled cause Majors comes in and says there's no dogs on the DL etc.

All of the kids were personable and I watched all the videos regardless of sport. But the kids are filtered which is probably the right thing. As much as we joke about "free Moro" what would a locker room be like if kids were giving the critiques of fellow players and coaches. Off the record as sources is probably a more valuable information than getting guys disgruntled cause Majors comes in and says there's no dogs on the DL etc.

You only learn the things we've learned by experiencing them. Now we know better and can adjust for the future.

Reactions: DKinnamon
You only learn the things we've learned by experiencing them. Now we know better and can adjust for the future.
I enjoyed. But think you could limit to 1 player in the future who talked longer. Like a 15 min game recap and 15 min upcoming game view....you did the right thing trying.

I enjoyed. But think you could limit to 1 player in the future who talked longer. Like a 15 min game recap and 15 min upcoming game view....you did the right thing trying.
at the end the day, it's more of a commitment than the players want to make

Reactions: DKinnamon
I left out i had 50 yard seats at OU where Johnny Johnson made an unassisted tackle on Billy Sims inside the 5 yard line late in the 4rth quarter to win that game 13-6
And how about Erxleban's 70 yard punt from the back of the "Horns end zone to end the game shortly after JJ's tackle ?

My lucky first ever game was the 1963 Cotton Bowl victory over #1 ranked zero u (my first collegiate game ever). Duke Carlisle and Nobis and the rest of the good guys were ranked #2 prior to that game and handed the sooners a 28-7 shellacking. Horns ran the table to UT's first Natty. My dad took me when I was nine years old. What a thrill and what a start to being a LONGHORN Fanatic ! HOOK'EM HORNS

The first Longhorn game I ever saw in person was 1977 TX/OU. My brother was a freshman at UT and got two tickets. I was 14 at the time and so lucky that he took me instead of one of his friends. It was awesome as you know! I was hooked and ended up following my brother in 1981. I've been to lots of game since, but will never forget watching Earl in the first one.
My lucky first ever game was the 1963 Cotton Bowl victory over #1 ranked zero u (my first collegiate game ever). Duke Carlisle and Nobis and the rest of the good guys were ranked #2 prior to that game and handed the sooners a 28-7 shellacking. Horns ran the table to UT's first Natty. My dad took me when I was nine years old. What a thrill and what a start to being a LONGHORN Fanatic ! HOOK'EM HORNS

Probably, Flood’s fascination with large humans on his line is that he understands the most basic fundamental of football…

You have to win the LOS

everything else is smoke and mirrors and you know it

Probably, Flood’s fascination with large humans on his line is that he understands the most basic fundamental of football…

You have to win the LOS

everything else is smoke and mirrors and you know it

I'm not sure you HAVE to, but it sure as hell goes a long way towards helping.

I love English soccer fans.

English soccer fans make Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Easgles fans look like girl scouts.

SJW gonna SJW. He can't help it. It's harmless.

don't think i'd put Black Panther #2 but it certainly is one of the better origin movies Marvel made. easy top 10 about middle for me. it's too bad Chadwick Boseman died before he could reprise the role. he kept his cancer illness from everyone, as he had the right to do, his fellow cast members didn't know, Marvel didn't know. they probably wouldn't have cast him if Marvel knew. he kept it private for personal and professional reason and he was smart to do so.

for Thor fans like myself no spoilers but "Thor: Love and Thunder" SUCKED! it was terrible. what a waste of both Bale as a villain and Russell Crowe as Zeus.

let's revisit some "Avengers reading mean tweets" .. Boseman is in this.

Google Best MCU movies.

Look and see where people not on this board list it.

exactly right. there's a reason "Black Panther" grossed over 1 billion. it was a good movie.

I'd love to see him play against 2022 defenses.

is that because defenses today are not as tough as in the past? where are today's Dick Butkus or Jack Youngblood who played a Super Bowl with fractured lower leg? sitting on the bench getting their game check.

there's an old story about Earl playing in a game against the Raiders where he got hit by another tough guy Jack "the assassin" Tatum and another Raiders player. they hit him together so hard it knocked Earl out but he bowled them both over and scored away.

How awful were Shawn Watson and Les Koenig to get fired by Charlie Strong?

lol

almost as awful as the Coach that brought them to Texas. i'm a UofL grad and it was bittersweet seeing us lose another coach to a blue blood program and that it was my adopted Texas was .. well .. bittersweet. i really wanted Strong to succeed at Texas but i knew his success at UofL was in Group of 5 leagues (Big East/AAC). and you could make a case his success was really Teddy Bridgewater.

Strong would have floundered in UofL's impending move to the ACC. if the Texas job would have opened 3-4 years later Strong wouldn't even be on the short list as a position coach.

ADVERTISEMENT