ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Great stuff, not so great stuff and Elmo shrugs...)

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001

With the start of spring football basically two weeks away, I spent some time this weekend thinking about the most interesting, but still under the radar players on the roster.

Ayodele Adeoye - A year ago at this time, the buzz behind the scenes was that this kid was going to be impossible to keep off the field, even as a true freshman, but his 2018 fate didn't quite unfold like some thought it might. Now it seems less certain that he's absolutely the future in the middle of the Texas defense. I'm fascinated to see if he can take the bull back by the horns.

Jalen Green - If you're asking me to name a player that didn't play a lot last year, but still might end up as one of the best players on the team THIS year, Green might be my choice. I have a hunch he joins BJ Foster and Caden Sterns as guys that Todd Orlando just can't take off the field this season.

Denzel Okafor - Man, it's now or never, big fella. It feels like we've been talking about his upside for half a decade and even Tom Herman caught the bug last season, seemingly swearing by what would take place in 2019 with Okafor. Like I said, it's pretty much now or never.

Joseph Ossai - In talking to a person connected to the football program this weekend, the buzz was that this guy is the sophomore on the roster that might emerge as a top five player on the team that no one is talking about in that light. By the end of the spring, he could be one of the first names on Todd Orlando's two-deep.

Casey Thompson - If the last two years have taught us anything, Texas will need its No.2 quarterback this season and it's Thompson's show after all of the discussion about the transfer portal and a potential transfer just two months ago.He's going to have all the reps in the world after receiving basically none in the fall.

Daniel Young - Two years ago, I was president of Young'a fan club. Two years later and it feels like he's pretty much an afterthought after what happened to his playing time in 2018. Well, someone has to fill the void left by Tre Watson and it likely can't be Jordan Whittington and Jordan Whittington alone. This opportunity for snaps isn't going to last forever, so if you're Young, you have to know that this spring represents one of the last opportunities to kick the door down that he's ever going to get in Austin.

No. 2 - Random Recruiting Scattershots ...

... If Texas doesn't land Zachary Evans, it's going to feel like something went terribly sideways with his recruitment. There's not a school that Texas would trade positions with at the moment. Texas is in a major position of strength from my vantage point.

... Two of the 2020 standouts at the Rivals 3-Stripe Camp in Houston with serious Texas interest were wide receiver Troy Omeire and defensive back Bryson Washington, both of whom currently rank inside the Rivals100. I've currently got Omeire ranked at No. 14 in the LSR Top 100, but might have to find a way to squeeze him into the top 10. All will be on hand for the Rivals National Camp later in the year.

... Speaking of guys that looked the part in Houston on Saturday, it sounds like Cibolo Steele defensive back Jaylon Jones is a guy that Texas needs to stay on until the very end, Texas A&M commitment or not. He's another guy that will warrant serious top-10 consideration when I update the rankings.

... ICYMI

No. 3 - The perpetual Elmo shrug ...

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what I'm even supposed to say following Texas' disjointed performance in Norman over the weekend. What is there to say when a team that needs all of the senior leadership it can grab ahold of watches its best senior basically lose the game before it ever started with some of the worst self-awareness any senior could possibly display with only a few guaranteed games left in his career?

So, you're going to tell me that an average team playing on the road is going to look in over its head without arguably its most important player?

No kidding.

With a non-suspended Kerwin Roach, Saturday's game against Oklahoma was there for the taking, but as soon as the news hit that he'd be out of the line-up, you just knew before the opening tip that Texas would almost certainly spin its wheels in the process. I'm just not sure what to say about this season and this team that hasn't already been said. Watching this basketball team play makes me want to either quit watching basketball altogether or take anti-depressants … or both at the same time.

We're reached the stage of things where I can't even remember the last time I thought Texas basketball was fun.

No. 4 - Speaking of not having fun ...

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not an expert on the Texas women's basketball team. Over the years, my interest level in the program seems to dwindle little by little each season, to the point that I find myself watching some of the games, but certainly not all of them ... or even the majority of them.

The Karen Aston Era just does nothing for me.

Oh, I understand that there have been injuries. I understand that Kim Mulkey won't go away. I understand it's always something.

I also understand that Aston is in year seven as head coach and has failed in each of the last three seasons to build off of what seemed like a real springboard in 2015-2016 when the team made the Elite Eight. Since then, the program has pretty much been stuck in neutral. Don't get me wrong, she's been a hell of a lot more successful than Shaka Smart, but just like her male counterpart, I often come away from watching her teams play wanting to never watch them again.

With a trip to Waco looming on Monday night, the truth about this team is that it only has a single win over a ranked team all season (two less than Shaka if you don't include his team's win in Manhattan) and is no closer to dethroning Baylor as a conference champion than it was when any of the current seniors were freshmen.

If the goal is to just be pretty decent, Texas has the right coach, I suppose. If the goal is to be good enough that the program becomes must-watch on a semi-routine basis, Texas likely doesn't have the right coach.

No. 5 - Meanwhile, down in Lubbock ...

The prodigal son has done one hell of a job down in Lubbock, as Chris Beard doesn't just have the Red Raiders on the verge of a possible conference title, but he has them playing a mouth-watering brand of basketball.

Oh, and they kicked the hell out of Kansas on Saturday, possibly knocking KU off its conference domination axis in the process.

Frankly, Beard has done at Tech what Smart was supposed to do at Texas, except he's done it in less time and without any natural resource advantages. It's Lubbock, for gosh sakes, the place where the football program historically flies its players in for official visits at night so that the visitors aren't too caught off guard by seeing the place in the daytime. I couldn't be more impressed.

No. 6 – Blame me for the only loss for Texas baseball this weekend …

For a variety of reasons, I didn't get a chance to watch much Texas baseball this weekend (thank goodness for Dustin McComas' updates both on the message board and Twitter), but when I did get a chance to turn the late Saturday game on, all hell broke loose as the Purdue Boilermakers used my jinxing powers for their own good use.

Four runs later, I absolutely take some ownership of that one. My bad.

Other than my ill-timed inning of viewership, you'd have to say it was a nice weekend of baseball for the Longhorns. So far, the pitching/defense has been damn good and the offense has displayed a lot of promise. It's pretty much the opposite of the two basketball teams in town, as I get the sense that I'm going to want to watch this team a lot this season.

With LSU, Stanford, Texas Tech and TCU looming in back-to-back-to-back-to-back weekends over the course of the next month, we're going to learn a lot about David Pierce's team, but so far there seems to be reasons for real excitement.

No. 7 – BUY or SELL …
BUY-SELL.gif

Buy or SELL: Shaka won’t be back next year?

(Sell) I $till think he'$ going to get another $ea$on.

Buy or SELL: Texas lands Justin Flowe, Kelee Ringo and Zach Evans to sign three 5-star prospects this cycle?

(Buy) What the hell. I can see it happening.

Buy or SELL: After a 6-6 (or worse) season, an exodus of state talent, growing fan apathy, decreasing BMD gifts, and lack of another splash hire, USC will have Urban Meyer as HC in 2020?

(Sell) I have zero confidence that the leadership at USC could make Urban Meyer happen.

Buy or SELL: This year's defense will be better than last year's despite the loss of so many starters (addition by subtraction, if you will)?

(Sell) That kind of benefit of the doubt must be earned.

Buy or SELL: Kirk Johnson gets 3-5 touches per game this year?

Buy or SELL: Parker Braun would be a more important recruiting win for 2019 than Bru McCoy or Jordan Whittington?

(Sell) One of either Jordan Whittington or Bru McCoy could end up being Big 12 Newcomer of the Year as a skill player. I say that with all due respect to Braun, as I thought about my answer to this question for a couple of minutes because he'd immediately be the team's best offensive lineman.

Buy or SELL: Chris Del Conte will be the best athletic director in UT history?

(Buy) In order for this to happen, Texas must win a national championship in both football and baseball, while the basketball team makes the Final Four at least once under his watch. It's going to be quite the task, but I think he might just be that damn good.

Buy or SELL: If I set the Over/Under at 6.5 for the number of players in the current Rivals 100 that will sign with Texas you’d take the over?

(Buy) Zach Evans, Justin Flowe, Kelee Ringo, Chris Thompson, Mookie Cooper, Bryson Washington, Vernon Broughton and Chad Lindberg make eight.

Buy or SELL: Texas gets commits from at least three of Vernon Broughton, Prince Dorbah, Princely Umanmielen and Alfred Collins?

(Buy) Errrrybody. Wait, did I just do that?

Buy or SELL: If Kendall Milton wants to commit you take it and risk losing Zachary Evans.

(Sell) Personally, I'd encourage Milton to take all the time in the world. No need for a commitment at this point. I'm not doing anything to damage my situation with Evans, as I believe Texas is a heavy favorite.

BUY or SELL: By the time Texas plays Alabama in Austin in 2022, the Longhorns will be more than ready and the point spread will be -3?

(Buy) Nick Saban will be 71 when 2022 rolls around and I'm not convinced at all he coaches beyond 70.

No. 8 – Eternal Randomness of the Spotty Sports Mind …

... The more and more the info from the Robert Kraft story comes out, the more and more it becomes obvious that this story isn't a laughing matter. I'll be the first to admit I don't have an issue with prostitution if we're talking about two consenting adults, but this situation appears to be in a much darker light than that. Personally, sex trafficking has always felt like one of those stories that I can't relate with, almost like it's not close enough to home to be completely bothered by it in the wake of so many things that are so close to home and obvious to see. This story changes all of that to a degree. For those of us with an aloof mindset towards the problem, it's quite the eye-opener.

... Every time Kyler Murray speaks, I don't believe a word he says. I just find him to be a disingenuous person and I feel like he's always been that way. Whichever team drafts him will have been conned in my mind and I'd wager $20 that after all of the talk about his maturity (remember he was suspended for a portion of a game this season), he'll be fined for being late to multiple meetings in his rookie season in the NFL.

... Apparently, Ja Rule thinks he's Lil B.

... The basketball gods have to give us a Rockets/Warriors seven-game rematch in May. They just have to.

... Consider me a Liverpool fan trying to keep the proper perspective after a 0-0 draw at Manchester United over the weekend. On one hand, the Reds attacking unit was as impotent as a wet noodle and the team isn't in its best form. On the other hand, in a competition with perhaps the best team in the history of the Premier League, the Reds still a hold a one point lead in the standings with 11 games to go. Oh, and they grabbed a clean sheet in the process. Just keep grinding, Reds.

... If I'm Maurizio Sarri, I'm never putting in a line-up again. Perhaps Sarri will never get a chance to send that statement, but if he makes it to the next game, I'd have his ass sitting in the stands.

... Leo Messi is not from this earth. Period. He's proof of alien life-form on Earth.

... Come on Bryce, make it official and get your ass to Philadelphia.

No. 9 - The List: Top 10 All-Time Texas Offensive Lineman ...

I don't know why it has taken this long for me to get to the big uglies, but it's time to cross this one off my "to do list". I know this one will be hotly debated.

10. Derrick Dockery
9. Blake Brockermeyer
8. Bob Simmons
7. Bud McFadinn
6. Doug Dawson
5. Leonard Davis
4. Bobby Wuensch
3. Justin Blalock
2. Dan Neil
1. Jerry Sisemore

Really and truly, it was a two-player discussion for the top overall spot. Flip a coin with Neil and Sisemore. Tie goes to a damn good cheesesteak.

No. 10 – And Finally ...

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Dan Covert and his entire gang over at Covert Hutto.

Two weeks ago, my car was totaled in an accident (no injuries, thank goodness) and I couldn't possibly give a bigger personal endorsement when it comes to ease, consideration and comfort than the one I'd give Dan, Mark and the rest of the crew the helped me go through the entire process.

After stopping by on Thursday, I went home in a silver 2018 Expedition Platinum for an overnight test-drive and by Sunday morning, I was driving off the lot in a white 2018 Expedition Platinum.

When they didn't quite have the exact car I wanted, they simply went out and got the damn thing for me. I couldn't have asked for more in a car purchasing situation.

2018-ford-expedition-836-p1.jpg

Last edited:

With the start of spring football basically two weeks away, I spent some time this weekend thinking about the most interesting, but still under the radar players on the roster.

Ayodele Adeoye - A year ago at this time, the buzz behind the scenes was that this kid was going to be impossible to keep off the field, even as a true freshman, but his 2018 fate didn't quite unfold like some thought it might. Now it seems less certain that he's absolutely the future in the middle of the Texas defense. I'm fascinated to see if he can take the pull back by the horns.

Jalen Green - If you're asking me to name a player that didn't play a lot last year, but still might end up as one of the best players on the team THIS year, Green might be my choice. I have a hunch he joins BJ Foster and Caden Sterns as guys that Todd Orlando just can't take off the field this season.

Denzel Okafor - Man, it's now or never, big fella. It feels like we've been talking about his upside for half a decade and even Tom Herman caught the bug last season, seemingly swearing by what would take place in 2019 with Okafor. Like I said, it's pretty much now or never.

Joseph Ossai - In talking to a person connected to the football program this weekend, the buzz was that this guy is the sophomore on the roster that might emerge as a top five player on the team that no one is talking about in that light. By the end of the spring, he could be one of the first names on Todd Orlando's two-deep.

Casey Thompson - If the last two years have taught us anything, Texas will need its No.2 quarterback this season and it's Thompson's show after all of the discussion about the transfer portal and a potential transfer just two months ago.He's going to have all the reps in the world after receiving basically none in the fall.

Daniel Young - Two years ago, I was president of Young'a fan club. Two years later and it feels like he's pretty much an afterthought after what happened to his playing time in 2018. Well, someone has to fill the void left by Tre Watson and it likely can't be Jordan Whittington and Jordan Whittington alone. This opportunity for snaps isn't going to last forever, so if you're Young, you have to know that this spring represents one of the last opportunities to kick the door down that he's ever going to get in Austin.

... If Texas doesn't land Zachary Evans, it's going to feel like something went terribly sideways with his recruitment. There's not a school that Texas would trade positions with at the moment. Texas is in a major position of strength from my vantage point.

... Two of the 2020 standouts at the Rivals 3-Stripe Camp in Houston with serious Texas interest were wide receiver Troy Omeire and defensive back Bryson Washington, both of whom currently rank inside the Rivals100. I've currently got Omeire ranked at No. 14 in the LSR Top 100, but might have to find a way to squeeze him into the top 10. All will be on hand for the Rivals National Camp later in the year.

... Speaking of guys that looked the part in Houston on Saturday, it sounds like Cibolo Steele defensive back Jaylon Jones is a guy that Texas needs to stay on until the very end, Texas A&M commitment or not. He's another guy that will warrant serious top-10 consideration when I update the rankings.

... ICYMI

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what I'm even supposed to say following Texas' disjointed performance in Norman over the weekend. What is there to say when a team that needs all of the senior leadership it can grab ahold of watches its best senior basically lose the game before it ever started with some of the worst self-awareness any senior could possibly display with only a few guaranteed games left in his career?

So, you're going to tell me that an average team playing on the road is going to look in over its head without arguably its most important player?

No kidding.

With a non-suspended Kerwin Roach, Saturday's game against Oklahoma was there for the taking, but as soon as the news hit that he'd be out of the line-up, you just knew before the opening tip that Texas would almost certainly spin its wheels in the process. I'm just not sure what to say about this season and this team that hasn't already been said. Watching this basketball team play makes me want to either quit watching basketball altogether or take anti-depressants … or both at the same time.

We're reached the stage of things where I can't even remember the last time I thought Texas basketball was fun.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not an expert on the Texas women's basketball team. Over the years, my interest level in the program seems to dwindle little by little each season, to the point that I find myself watching some of the games, but certainly not all of them ... or even the majority of them.

Oh, I understand that there have been injuries. I understand that Kim Mulkey won't go away. I understand it's always something.

I also understand that Aston is in year seven as head coach and has failed in each of the last three seasons to build off of what seemed like a real springboard in 2015-2016 when the team made the Elite Eight. Since then, the program has pretty much been stuck in neutral. Don't get me wrong, she's been a hell of a lot more successful than Shaka Smart, but just like her male counterpart, I often come away from watching her teams play wanting to never watch them again.

With a trip to Waco looming on Monday night, the truth about this team is that it only has a single win over a ranked team all season (two less than Shaka if you don't include his team's win in Manhattan) and is no closer to dethroning Baylor as a conference champion than it was when any of the current seniors were freshmen.

If the goal is to just be pretty decent, Texas has the right coach, I suppose. If the goal is to be good enough that the program becomes must-watch on a semi-routine basis, Texas likely doesn't have the right coach.

The prodigal son has done one hell of a job down in Lubbock, as Chris Beard doesn't just have the Red Raiders on the verge of a possible conference title, but he has them playing a mouth-watering brand of basketball.

Oh, and they kicked the hell out of Kansas on Saturday, possibly knocking KU off its conference domination axis in the process.

Frankly, Beard has done at Tech what Smart was supposed to do at Texas, except he's done it in less time and without any natural resource advantages. It's Lubbock, for gosh sakes, the place where the football program historically flies its players in for official visits at night so that the visitors aren't too caught off guard by seeing the place in the daytime. I couldn't be more impressed.

For a variety of reasons, I didn't get a chance to watch much Texas baseball this weekend (thank goodness for Dustin McComas' updates both on the message board and Twitter), but when I did get a chance to turn the late Saturday game on, all hell broke loose as the Purdue Boilermakers used my jinxing powers for their own good use.

Other than my ill-timed inning of viewership, you'd have to say it was a nice weekend of baseball for the Longhorns. So far, the pitching/defense has been damn good and the offense has displayed a lot of promise. It's pretty much the opposite of the two basketball teams in town, as I get the sense that I'm going to want to watch this team a lot this season.

With LSU, Stanford, Texas Tech and TCU looming in back-to-back-to-back-to-back weekends over the course of the next month, we're going to learn a lot about David Pierce's team, but so far there seems to be reasons for real excitement.

No. 7 – BUY or SELL …
BUY-SELL.gif

Buy or SELL: Texas lands Justin Flowe, Kelee Ringo and Zach Evans to sign three 5-star prospects this cycle?

Buy or SELL: After a 6-6 (or worse) season, an exodus of state talent, growing fan apathy, decreasing BMD gifts, and lack of another splash hire, USC will have Urban Meyer as HC in 2020?

(Sell) I have zero confidence that the leadership at USC could make Urban Meyer happen.

Buy or SELL: This year's defense will be better than last year's despite the loss of so many starters (addition by subtraction, if you will)?

Buy or SELL: Parker Braun would be a more important recruiting win for 2019 than Bru McCoy or Jordan Whittington?

(Sell) One of either Jordan Whittington or Bru McCoy could end up being Big 12 Newcomer of the Year as a skill player. I say that with all due respect to Braun, as I thought about my answer to this question for a couple of minutes because he'd immediately be the team's best offensive lineman.

(Buy) In order for this to happen, Texas must win a national championship in both football and baseball, while the basketball team makes the Final Four at least once under his watch. It's going to be quite the task, but I think he might just be that damn good.

Buy or SELL: If I set the Over/Under at 6.5 for the number of players in the current Rivals 100 that will sign with Texas you’d take the over?

(Buy) Zach Evans, Justin Flowe, Kelee Ringo, Chris Thompson, Mookie Cooper, Bryson Washington, Vernon Broughton and Chad Lindberg make eight.

Buy or SELL: Texas gets commits from at least three of Vernon Broughton, Prince Dorbah, Princely Umanmielen and Alfred Collins?

Buy or SELL: If Kendall Milton wants to commit you take it and risk losing Zachary Evans.

(Sell) Personally, I'd encourage Milton to take all the time in the world. No need for a commitment at this point. I'm not doing anything to damage my situation with Evans, as I believe Texas is a heavy favorite.

BUY or SELL: By the time Texas plays Alabama in Austin in 2022, the Longhorns will be more than ready and the point spread will be -3?

(Buy) Nick Saban will be 71 when 2022 rolls around and I'm not convinced at all he coaches beyond 70.

... The more and more the info from the Robert Kraft story comes out, the more and more it becomes obvious that this story isn't a laughing matter. I'll be the first to admit I don't have an issue with prostitution if we're talking about two consenting adults, but this situation appears to be in a much darker light than that. Personally, sex trafficking has always felt like one of those stories that I can't relate with, almost like it's not close enough to home to be completely bothered by it in the wake of so many things that are so close to home and obvious to see. This story changes all of that to a degree. For those of us with an aloof mindset towards the problem, it's quite the eye-opener.

... Every time Kyler Murray speaks, I don't believe a word he says. I just find him to be a disingenuous person and I feel like he's always been that way. Whichever team drafts him will have been conned in my mind and I'd wager $20 that after all of the talk about his maturity (remember he was suspended for a portion of a game this season), he'll be fined for being late to multiple meetings in his rookie season in the NFL.

... The basketball gods have to give us a Rockets/Warriors seven-game rematch in May. They just have to.

... Consider me a Liverpool fan trying to keep the proper perspective after a 0-0 draw at Manchester United over the weekend. On one hand, the Reds attacking unit was as impotent as a wet noodle and the team isn't in its best form. On the other hand, in a competition with perhaps the best team in the history of the Premier League, the Reds still a hold a one point lead in the standings with 11 games to go. Oh, and they grabbed a clean sheet in the process. Just keep grinding, Reds.

... If I'm Maurizio Sarri, I'm never putting in a line-up again. Perhaps Sarri will never get a chance to send that statement, but if he makes it to the next game, I'd have his ass sitting in the stands.

... Leo Messi is not from this earth. Period. He's proof of alien life-form on Earth.

... Come on Bryce, male it official and get your ass to Philadelphia.

I don't know why it has taken this long for me to get to the big uglies, but it's time to cross this one off my "to do list". I know this one will be hotly debated.

10. Derrick Dockery
9. Blake Brockermeyer
8. Bob Simmons
7. Bud McFadinn
6. Doug Dawson
5. Leonard Davis
4. Bobby Wuensch
3. Justin Blalock
2. Dan Neil
1. Jerry Sisemore

Really and truly, it was a two-player discussion for the top overall spot. Flip a coin with Neil and Sisemore. Tie goes to a damn good cheesesteak.

No. 10 – And Finally ...

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Dan Covert and his entire gang over at Covert Hutto.

Two weeks ago, my car was totaled in an accident (no injuries, thank goodness) and I couldn't possibly give a bigger personal endorsement when it comes to ease, consideration and comfort than the one I'd give Dan, Mark and the rest of the crew the helped me go through the entire process.

After stopping by on Thursday, I went home in a silver 2018 Expedition Platinum for an overnight test-drive and by Sunday morning, I was driving off the lot in a white 2018 Expedition Platinum.

When they didn't quite have the exact car I wanted, they simply went out and got the damn thing for me. I couldn't have asked for more in a car purchasing situation.

Nice humble brag on #10 ;) Good looking ride.

Was about to post earlier... was watching the interview of Brandon Jones on Longhorn Extra. When asked who he was looking forward to seeing this year... he said Jalen Green and talked about his length, cover skills etc... basically said he was going to have a breakout season.

Ketch, who was the All American offensive lineman that gave up for a pro football career to become an orthopedic surgeon. Think he was from the 80s era.

"I just can't think of the idea of destroying these hands." Or words to that effect.

I think his surgical practice is in Colorado.

Nice write up! Congratulations on your new car! I totally agree with you on this Men's basketball team. They just simply are not any fun to watch. CDC has a tough decision. He was at the baseball game today enjoying the excitement of the game. The men's basketball team has to be the worst program on campus right now. I just can't see him keeping Smart for 1 more lame duck season.

Love the new car! Congratulations Ketch, and glad nobody was hurt in the accident.

100% disagree! If a 5* talent like Milton wants to commit, you take him.

My Chelsea team feels like the Texas basketball team this year and I don’t like it one bit...
Complete embarrassment. I’m not a Sarri fan, but Arrizibalaga should never suit up again.

That’s the level-headed statement today. If I recall that is a similar statement to last year IIRC... and not wrong. I have an inkling (using the addition by subtraction theory) that next year’s defense is going to be a step better, faster. While I have to say my opinion would be the same if thousands of OB’s were reading it, I just think there is going to be something in year 3 that takes the D next level. I think the talent level improves just enough to offset the experience deficit... and the middle has to anchor after Poona and Nelly stepped up... that will tell the tale.

Ayodele Adeoye - A year ago at this time, the buzz behind the scenes was that this kid was going to be impossible to keep off the field, even as a true freshman, but his 2018 fate didn't quite unfold like some thought it might. Now it seems less certain that he's absolutely the future in the middle of the Texas defense. I'm fascinated to see if he can take the pull back by the horns.

... ICYMI

giphy.gif

No kidding.

No. 7 – BUY or SELL …
BUY-SELL.gif

... Come on Bryce, male it official and get your ass to Philadelphia.

10. Derrick Dockery
9. Blake Brockermeyer
8. Bob Simmons
7. Bud McFadinn
6. Doug Dawson
5. Leonard Davis
4. Bobby Wuensch
3. Justin Blalock
2. Dan Neil
1. Jerry Sisemore

No. 10 – And Finally ...

Ketchum

I do NOT disagree with you much but this time I must speak.

This year is Coach Aston best year in coaching Texas. Do we forget how bad Texas WBB was before her?

I also get frustrated that she has NOT won a championship. But, this year injuries really hurt the team and chances to defeat B.

We have the best coach for this University for the wins and for her development of students ( not to mention her recruiting skills of both students and coaches)

Look out for next year.

Hook'Em.

OTE]
What makes Beard a "prodigal son" of UT? I get the biblical reference, but simply "leaving home" doesn't qualify as "prodigal", especially since Beard has neither returned home nor spent lavishly (prodigal) and returned home bereft of wealth. C'mon man, be better. ;)

Reactions: TMarsh14
Dockery over Mike Williams? I guess. No huge argument from me.

Every time Kyler Murray speaks, I don't believe a word he says. I just find him to be a disingenuous person and I feel like he's always been that way. Whichever team drafts him will have been conned in my mind and I'd wager $20 that after all of the talk about his maturity (remember he was suspended for a portion of a game this season), he'll be fined for being late to multiple meetings in his rookie season in the NFL.
Couldn’t agree more and not because he was an aggy and gooner... not genuine is as good a description as any other words. I think he has a real issue facing him with 8-year veteran O-Linemen... I have doubt he earns the respect of many very easily with his attitude and persona. He’s been so blown and overblown by so many... more than one person is going to want to pound his smart ass into the ground.

Why did you choose white for the car? Maybe I'm biased against white cars because that was the color of my Dad's Pinto and what the DC sniper was supposedly driving (turned out not to be accurate), but I'm not a fan. On the other hand, it does look like a good vehicle but for color.

Please never kiss a car dealer’s ass again. For every known owner of a prosperous website with thousands of readers that gets special treatment, there’s a single mother that’s been given the run around. It looks like an advertisement, which smells of quid pro quo, even if it isn’t.

10. Derrick Dockery
9. Blake Brockermeyer
8. Bob Simmons
7. Bud McFadinn
6. Doug Dawson
5. Leonard Davis
4. Bobby Wuensch
3. Justin Blalock
2. Dan Neil
1. Jerry Sisemore

Good read as always, and I really liked your take on the OL greats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT