ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Have I lost my mind? Quite possibly...)

It seems as if you put a lot of weight behind re-watch-ability, which I agree with.

Based on that, are you SURE Deadpool doesn't make the list but Thor and Blade Runner do?
Deadpool had a major sequel. By definition, it's kind of hard to call it underrated, no?

So, Ketch, how come everyone is treating college football players like guinea pigs during this pandemic? No one seems to give a **** about their safety or health. Everyone is too concerned about getting the season started on time for TV money.

One NBA player tests positive and every sport shuts down in the US. Dozens of college football players test positive and no one even bats an eye. What is wrong with this picture?

This is what happens when we just look at the players as the unpaid labor that makes the college football industrial complex chug along. It's just a modern day plantation system.

So, Ketch, how come everyone is treating college football players like guinea pigs during this pandemic? No one seems to give a **** about their safety or health. Everyone is too concerned about getting the season started on time for TV money.

One NBA player tests positive and every sport shuts down in the US. Dozens of college football players test positive and no one even bats an eye. What is wrong with this picture?

This is what happens when we just look at the players as the unpaid labor that makes the college football industrial complex chug along. It's just a modern day plantation system.
I'm not sure I completely know how to answer this question other than to say that we're all guinea pigs to some degree right now.

I disagree that no one gives a *** about their health and safety.

I think it's apples and oranges to compare what happened in March to what is being planned in August without the acknowledgment that the same leagues that shut down in March are trying to restart at the exact same time.

Reactions: txfight
I'll make sure I keep it up.
One of these days I look forward to meeting you. Maybe you can come to The Woodlands and speak to our small, but passionate, Texas-Exes (Eric's been a repeat speaker, so you are long over due for an invite, consider this it, sir.) PM and we can make it happen...post COVID if course.

One of these days I look forward to meeting you. Maybe you can come to The Woodlands and speak to our small, but passionate, Texas-Exes (Eric's been a repeat speaker, so you are long over due for an invite, consider this it, sir.) PM and we can make it happen...post COVID if course.
I come down that way all the time. Let's get through the worst and I'm in.

Deadpool had a major sequel. By definition, it's kind of hard to call it underrated, no?
Ok, so we are on the same page, Deadpool and Deadpool 2 were better than Thor and Blade Runner, but it was too much off a block buster to be considered underrated. I can deal with that.

Ok, so we are on the same page, Deadpool and Deadpool 2 were better than Thor and Blade Runner, but it was too much off a block buster to be considered underrated. I can deal with that.
Correct.

You could make the case that Thor shouldn't be on the list, either.

Reactions: txfight
ADVERTISEMENT