ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (How might Coronavirus impact UT football?...)

American Grafitti
Summer of ‘42
Risky Business

The first 2 were Academy Award-nominated, Summer of ‘42 for Best Screenplay and American Grafitti for Best Picture. American Graffiti, filmed in 6 weeks on a budget of $750,000, was George Lucas first successful film. Lucas wrote, produced and directed it. Its profits provided the seed capital for LucasFilm Productions, which Lucas sold several years ago for $4.5 billion.

American Grafitti is often mentioned as the MOST PROFITABLE film of all time. It’s ranked by the American Film Institute as #62 greatest film ever made. It’s a CLASSIC.

Reactions: Tilo
learned to dance, like really dance
had sex
confessed to sex in front of her parents
fell in love
funded an abortion and its cover-up
lied a lot
biggest dad problem of all-time

Sounds more like a cautionary tale

Stopped reading b/s after story time question. Should always be a thing.. regardless of the attention it gets. It’sa great and unique resource.

The jury is still out on CDC in regards to his personnel management, although I think we’ve peeped at a couple of his cards. It seems he’s going to have a much more conservative approach here than many of us expected when he was hired with a winning is paramount reputation. Is it just that the culture at Texas is so strong that it doesn’t matter who sits in the office, the decision making will remain largely consistent with the past?

Do you think you could beat Carl Lewis in the 100m if you had a 50m head start?

rich_medium.gif

Reactions: txfight
I have to think Beilein plays as big a role in Shaka's job security as the post season does.

I'm hoping CDC has spoken to Beilein and gauged his interest. If Beilein wants to be at Texas, then there probably isn't anything Shaka could do short of Sweet 16 to save his job.

But if Beilein is lukewarm at best on Texas, then Shaka probably gets a little more wiggle room.

It's real easy to say, "The coach sucks, fire him" but having a quick trigger finger can get you into more trouble than you're already in. I think you have to have a plan before you fire someone, especially someone who has had the end of season success Shaka just had.

DONT GET ME WRONG, I'm not saying not to fire Shaka, I'm just saying the backup plan should play a role in this case.

Reactions: OrangeMGB
I have to think Beilein plays as big a role in Shaka's job security as the post season does.

I'm hoping CDC has spoken to Beilein and gauged his interest. If Beilein wants to be at Texas, then there probably isn't anything Shaka could do short of Sweet 16 to save his job.

But if Beilein is lukewarm at best on Texas, then Shaka probably gets a little more wiggle room.

It's real easy to say, "The coach sucks, fire him" but having a quick trigger finger can get you into more trouble than you're already in. I think you have to have a plan before you fire someone, especially someone who has had the end of season success Shaka just had.

DONT GET ME WRONG, I'm not saying not to fire Shaka, I'm just saying the backup plan should play a role in this case.
I get the sense they are trying to get a feel for what's up with him and they just don't know yet.

The jury is still out on CDC in regards to his personnel management, although I think we’ve peeped at a couple of his cards. It seems he’s going to have a much more conservative approach here than many of us expected when he was hired with a winning is paramount reputation. Is it just that the culture at Texas is so strong that it doesn’t matter who sits in the office, the decision making will remain largely consistent with the past?
I think he's far more conservative than not, just in general.

I just can't see Texas hiring Urban Meyer.
Well, I don't think there are any other available unemployed championship coaches out there. Maybe Herman will win the big 12 and go to the playoffs making this conversation moot. If he doesn't win, there are just three choices: keep him, hire Urban, or lure away an employed national champion coach. Unproven bright shiny objects should not be an option again. If CDC wasn't pondering what Herman's future might be after the upcoming season then we would probably trade off Shaka. If Shaka stays after this year odds are it's because the athletic department is waiting to see what Herman does. What's your guess?

That's like saying you'd call me faster than Carl Lewis because I started the race with a 50 meter lead.;)
More like seeing the results of a track meet and saying the winner had more time to prepare, but the loser could be better if he has a few more weeks to prepare. For now, Ash is the winner ;)

Well, I don't think there are any other available unemployed championship coaches out there. Maybe Herman will win the big 12 and go to the playoffs making this conversation moot. If he doesn't win, there are just three choices: keep him, hire Urban, or lure away an employed national champion coach. Unproven bright shiny objects should not be an option again. If CDC wasn't pondering what Herman's future might be after the upcoming season then we would probably trade off Shaka. If Shaka stays after this year odds are it's because the athletic department is waiting to see what Herman does. What's your guess?
Meyer is untouchable IMO

More like seeing the results of a track meet and saying the winner had more time to prepare, but the loser could be better if he has a few more weeks to prepare. For now, Ash is the winner ;)
Yes, if we use the results of everything prior to the last five years...

well it impacts the flu and viruses don’t spread as easily in humid air. We will see what happens. We don’t know that it won’t either.

Especially for those of us in Texas and south Texas where we are fast approaching a stretch of months where it will be blazing for awhile. Let’s see 90-100s and humid as F have no impact. Find it hard to believe it won’t slow down

One impact is people tend to keep their ass at home more when it is 100 degrees outside.

The what?

If you never watch the movie, at least take a listen to the song (Come Saturday Morning) on youtube.

The Sterile Cuckoo
is a 1969 American comedy-drama film released by Paramount Pictures that tells the story of an eccentric, young couple whose relationship deepens despite their differences and inadequacies.

The film received two Oscar nominations for the 42nd Academy Awards: Liza Minnelli for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and; Fred Karlin and Dory Previn's song "Come Saturday Morning" for Best Original Song.

Just out of curiosity since I am not as up to speed on our history of these type things but what other sorts of things in the past have what you would consider an appropriate response or the sense of urgency was appropriate?
I have a feeling he loved Obama’s response to the swine flu. Only 75,000 died from that but I’m sure B O handled it perfectly lol!!

Reactions: Carhorn
Not identifying and isolating cases already inside the US was a critical error that allowed the virus to spread in communities undetected.
Yeah, we should have known it was coming before it got here lol. This would have been a great time to have open borders too, right lol?!?!

If you never watch the movie, at least take a listen to the song (Come Saturday Morning) on youtube.

The Sterile Cuckoo
is a 1969 American comedy-drama film released by Paramount Pictures that tells the story of an eccentric, young couple whose relationship deepens despite their differences and inadequacies.

The film received two Oscar nominations for the 42nd Academy Awards: Liza Minnelli for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and; Fred Karlin and Dory Previn's song "Come Saturday Morning" for Best Original Song.
I will check it out,

Reactions: great horndini
Yeah, we should have known it was coming before it got here lol. This would have been a great time to have open borders too, right lol?!?!
A good boy scout is always extra prepared. If you can't see where not being a good boy scout is proving to problematic, you're not trying very hard.

Happy to see, “Almost Famous” on your list @Ketchum. I think it’s an incredibly underrated film.

Oh, and Story Time with sketch definitely needs to come back.

HOOK EM

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT