ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I want to take it all back!)

Uhhhh, if you’re going to correct someone you should probably get it right yourself...it’s SPEYRER, not Speyer.
And @Ketchum , Anguilau will be a 2-year starter next year, entering his 3rd, not 4th. Last year was his first as a starter.
My mistake! Heck, I spelled it wrong too. Cotton, who I know, pronounced his name “SPIRE.” But your spelling of it as “Speyrer” is correct.

Reactions: cooleyo
Gotta agree with Ketch on this point. Shipley's performance in his last OU game was one for the ages.
Go look at Texas/ LSU Cotton bowl, 2003 Nick Saban Tiger went on to win national championship that season, Simms to Williams destroyed them

I guess Priest Holmes was a better college running back than Cedric Benson.
No, Cedric Benson stats don't lie, great career, over 6,000 yards rushing and receiving. Heck Cedric had 232 attempts rushing as a freshman, compared to Holmes 4 year career of only 252 rushing attempts. One must wonder though what Preist could have done in college with 1600 rushing attempts, because in the pro level he smoked Benson with over 11,000 yards in rushing/ receiving & 94TD's

No, Cedric Benson stats don't lie, great career, over 6,000 yards rushing and receiving. Heck Cedric had 232 attempts rushing as a freshman, compared to Holmes 4 year career of only 252 rushing attempts. One must wonder though what Preist could have done in college with 1600 rushing attempts, because in the pro level he smoked Benson with over 11,000 yards in rushing/ receiving & 94TD's
Interesting set of arbitrary rules you're suing here. ;)

Go look at Texas/ LSU Cotton bowl, 2003 Nick Saban Tiger went on to win national championship that season, Simms to Williams destroyed them
I remember it well. That was the only time I have ever seen Nick Saban fail to adjust against a mismatch and double cover Williams.

There's no getting around the negatives with Williams' career.

Shipley has none.

7-3 was very pessimistic, 9-1 was always the expectation regardless of competition. I agree it is now minimum expectation.

not until you know their online can hold up...imo

I don’t like all this 9-1 talk. If this bunch loses the 1-0 mentality, they‘re capable of crapping the bed at the worst possible time. They’ve been so inconsistent for so long, eating that cheese would be the worst thing they could do. They need to play with a chip in every game. Hopefully the new coaches and the Sr. QB will keep that sharp edge and not let entitlement and complacency set in. This program doesn’t have the star power and depth to overcome it, even against our weak ass conference.

Uh, these players have only been here for 2-3 years. They are not responsible for the disaster that was Charlie or Mack's last years. Get a grip and support this team that is here now.

I agree that Tucker can end up being in the NFL Hall of Fame.
Not sure Greg Zuerlein will be hall of fame, but if he has more games like to Sunday
...and with the help of J Fassell...at least an all pro.
Come to think of it GZ might be in the NFL H of F.....after all he has already had a successful career in LA.
I read an article about he and Fassell prepared for that wonderful on-side kick. They practiced it a lot. And you saw the results. Maybe Fassell is ....as some say ... the best Special Teams coach in the NFL? Watch tink?

It has mostly gone un-talked about through 2 pages.
What about the transfer portal? There must be some high 4 star offensive linemen at Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, UGA or Clemson that can't start because of an insane depth chart. I don't understand how they keep rolling in 4 and 5 star talent every year. What happens to the guys who don't start?

What about the transfer portal? There must be some high 4 star offensive linemen at Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, UGA or Clemson that can't start because of an insane depth chart. I don't understand how they keep rolling in 4 and 5 star talent every year. What happens to the guys who don't start?
I expect Texas to be busy on the transfer front next year.

Reactions: rubeng38
Not sure Greg Zuerlein will be hall of fame, but if he has more games like to Sunday
...and with the help of J Fassell...at least an all pro.
Come to think of it GZ might be in the NFL H of F.....after all he has already had a successful career in LA.
I read an article about he and Fassell prepared for that wonderful on-side kick. They practiced it a lot. And you saw the results. Maybe Fassell is ....as some say ... the best Special Teams coach in the NFL? Watch tink?
Where did the discussion of Zuerlein come into this? ;)

Ketch
I have really enjoyed your position breakdowns from recruit status to NFL athlete. I find it very enlightening. I hope it’s made its way to Tom’s office. Any chance they would use that as a template on positions to bypass in-state recruits and seek elsewhere?

Ketch
I have really enjoyed your position breakdowns from recruit status to NFL athlete. I find it very enlightening. I hope it’s made its way to Tom’s office. Any chance they would use that as a template on positions to bypass in-state recruits and seek elsewhere?
I think we'll know a lot more once I'm done with the next phase of the numbers dive.

I think the OL piece of the puzzle when viewed inside the prism of the national data should create some instant action in terms of program building through recruiting.

Reactions: bclear1
1600 attempts would be averaging about 33 carries per game over a 4 year career... 😳

Geoff, you can take back your 7-3 pick. You own this website.
KindlyTiredDuck-size_restricted.gif

I just don't underestimate Dana's ability to milk a cow dry of its milk.
Yeah but that dude is done. He may not be retired, but he’s done. When was the last time he looked like he wanted to be in a fight? Four fights ago? He will fight again, but expectations are rock bottom and I can’t see many if any more main events.

Yeah but that dude is done. He may not be retired, but he’s done. When was the last time he looked like he wanted to be in a fight? Four fights ago? He will fight again, but expectations are rock bottom and I can’t see many if any more main events.
well, let's see what his next fight looks like. This is the one that can get the yo-yo going.

ADVERTISEMENT