ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Imagine if Hudson Card had been ranked correctly...)

Spring game. Yes I know he had the black jersey on. But there were times he was getting chased down and the whistle had to be blown. Yes, his OL sucked. Still being a former WR, I expected him to be a tad bit faster. Maybe I’ll be surprised in the regular season.

Reactions: seantran6
The leaders of championship teams are the best players. Thompson isn;'t better than Card.

That's the rub. Everyone on the team knows it.
This is pretty much of a shit stirrer comment, which really shouldnt be happening from the owner of a fan site.

If everyone on the team knows it, than Thompson knows it, as well as all the coaches. So basically you are saying that Sark is running a farce of a QB competition, the team knows it but is going along with it because of what reason? To keep Thompson hooked up to the team, even though he knows he is going to get benched soon?

I think I will takes Sarks words and actions over click bait like this thread. I will also takes Sarks view on a QB over OPs. Somehow I have to think that if Card was Trevor Lawrence or the like, his talent level with a year and a half of experience would have captivated Sark by now, and would have been obvious at the spring game.

I like both QBs. I hope Thompson is the gamer he showed in the bowl game, ala James Street. I hope Card is a future pro. I expect Sark will bet his career with the right choice.

@Ketch, seems like you've just about beaten you feelings and impressions of Hudson Card into the ground by now. Maybe it's time to write about something different, especially considering he hasn't yet and legitimately might not this season earn the starting job.

FWIW, I see talent in Card but I just don't see him as the greatest QB prospect since VY. Hell, YV aside, we haven't even had very good luck with the super-high rated QB's anyway.
Clicks and credit card swipes.

We will read another column in 6 months on why Casey Thompson was the greatest.

Spring game. Yes I know he had the black jersey on. But there were times he was getting chased down and the whistle had to be blown.

I'm having a hard time understanding your expectations for him. Can you explain?

This is pretty much of a shit stirrer comment, which really shouldnt be happening from the owner of a fan site.

No, it's an acknowledgement of what people believe behind the scenes. I like Thompson a lot. My comments aren't really about him.

Reactions: seantran6
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

In the clearing stands a boxer
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of every glove that laid him down
And cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the fighter still remains, he's still remains
Are you aware of the missing verse?

Reactions: MikeCorleone

8c570c265b7b481ad773e8f93f585544.gif

I'm having a hard time understanding your expectations for him. Can you explain?
I thought he was a little quicker / faster than what I thought from reading about him in HS and last year.

If everyone on the team knows it, than Thompson knows it, as well as all the coaches. So basically you are saying that Sark is running a farce of a QB competition, the team knows it but is going along with it because of what reason? To keep Thompson hooked up to the team, even though he knows he is going to get benched soon?

I think I will takes Sarks words and actions over click bait like this thread. I will also takes Sarks view on a QB over OPs. Somehow I have to think that if Card was Trevor Lawrence or the like, his talent level with a year and a half of experience would have captivated Sark by now, and would have been obvious at the spring game.

I like both QBs. I hope Thompson is the gamer he showed in the bowl game, ala James Street. I hope Card is a future pro. I expect Sark will bet his career with the right choice.
Not sure you understand what clickbait is. If ketch had tweeted out a link to an article with a headline annointing card in an attempt to generate subscriptions then you would be correct. However, him posting his opinion in a column to members is what we pay for.

Not sure why people get worked up over someone giving their opinion. We all have our thoughts and opinions. Ultimately the coaches will decide

Three FYIs

a. Clicks don't really matter in the premium site world

b. In reality, every thing article on the Internet is clickbait. Every headline is literally designed to get people to click. Every post on this site by every poster is clickbait. There's a reason why each subject isn't titled "Post No. 126,923"

c. You literally can't name a single example of me ever doing the thing you suggest I will do.

Not sure you understand what clickbait is. If ketch had tweeted out a link to an article with a headline annointing card in an attempt to generate subscriptions then you would be correct. However, him posting his opinion in a column to members is what we pay for.

Not sure why people get worked up over someone giving their opinion. We all have our thoughts and opinions. Ultimately the coaches will decide
Bingo was his name-o.

Huge fan of Card but I’m still wondering why he didn’t get work with the first team during spring game. @Ketchum

@Ketchum

we’ll see when freshman report and weight is updated. I’m seeing Sanders as 6’4 210. That’s light for the TE position. Now I assume he won’t be in line blocking the DE but where do u see him on offense if that weight is the same?

Sanders is 6-foot-3, 235-pounds.

Alabama TE Jahleel Billingsley is 6-foot-4, 230-pounds.

Billingsley was the most productive Bama TE last season. He played the flex TE when they went 12-personnel.

Reactions: Ketchum
Hey Ketch, you initially got my attention about Card's talents when you, then Sam, no less, first waxed rhapsodic about him months ago. Then I saw him spin the ball in the Spring game. Wow! He was throwing lasers & darts on a rope. And now this latest giddy appraisal from you. I'm sold! I'm stoked! I'm pumped! Let the damn season begin! He da man!

Reactions: Ketchum
Don't ever back down on the Card love, he is that special. Can't even imagine how bad Sark will damage this program and his future job security if he goes with Casey and Card transfers. I'd keep Casey involved with some packages, but QB's with Card's talent are unicorns. You don't monkey around with that trying not to hurt feeling. Card starts.

Reactions: Baguette
Hey Ketch, you initially got my attention about Card's talents when you, then Sam, no less, first waxed rhapsodic about him months ago. Then I saw him spin the ball in the Spring game. Wow! He was throwing lasers & darts on a rope. And now this latest giddy appraisal from you. I'm sold! I'm stoked! I'm pumped! Let the damn season begin! He da man!
I was just trying to give everyone a new way of thinking about all of this.

My gut still tells me Gunner Helm is the TE that breakouts. He reminds me so much of a young George Kittle.

All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

In the clearing stands a boxer
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of every glove that laid him down
And cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the fighter still remains, he's still remains
My favorite S&G song, and one of my all-time favorites. Mrs. T-Sipper 1972

Reactions: MikeCorleone
I remember you posting that you chose the name “the-university.com” for your new site as a stick in the eye to aggy.

The original ACES.

ADVERTISEMENT