ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: Is Casey better than Spencer Rattler?

giphy.gif
Someone took the time to make that and still misspelled "first".

The irony of getting Bohanon’s first name wrong while simultaneously calling for more respect to it was a chuckle.
But good article Ketch. Casey has looked great.

Last edited:
Reactions: seantran6
How the Longhorns do against TCU this weekend will tell us a lot about what kind of contender the Longhorns really are, but I'm starting to think that Texas should be a favorite to make the Big 12 championship game.

I may regret saying this and even though our recent success against TCU is severally lacking I really think this game may not be close... I could see Texas winning by 3 touchdowns.

B/S You now feel winning the Big 12 in season one is 50/50 or better.

Reactions: tlcdownunder2
Understand your ranking of the difficulty of games, but I expect a helluva a tussle with Iowa State. We have had problems with them in Ames, even when objectively we were substantially better.

Also, doubt Zach Evans is as good as Bijan (not sure I have seen any who are, frankly), but I can't help but think that he ended up in the right place. If anyone can, Gary Patterson will make a man of him. He really needed to come to Earth at some point. You don't walk out of the state championship game in order to keep your phone over night.

Not saying anything everyone does not know, but Bijan is unusual. He has elusiveness that reminds me of Barry Sanders, with a lot of power to boot. Not sure he is in the power class with Earl or Ricky, but he may be and he is still young.

Had to skip band of brothers section…because I haven’t seen it either but may start watching based on all the people who went off that you hadn’t seen it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
Maybe I'm still biased, but I watched most of the Baylor game and I don't think there's any way they are the 2nd toughest out on the schedule. I would have Okie lite, ISU and TCU in front of them and probably in that order for now.

Reactions: solman1972
I watched Oregon last night. They did not look good. Shouldn’t be mentioned in same breath as Georgia and Bama.
Also Clemson hasn’t looked good. But they were one olay away from beating Georgia.

Reactions: Duanej6
Too early to say IMO. Let's see what he looks like when coaches get more film and make him make some adjustments off of their adjustments.
Yep…his film will be studied and game plans will be formulated to take advantage of perceived weaknesses. He has done well but likely has not faced a competent pass rush. Arky had shut it down basically. He has also missed a few long throws. He did drop a dime to worthy, however.

TCU will be a great barometer. Patterson is great at scheming. However, Sark uses varied run game concepts, which helps. I expect Patterson to try to attack Jones and Okafor in pass situations. They held up well against TT. However, Tech used a lot of 3-man rushes.

I suspect TCU on the road will tell us more about this team than tech did.
Right. But in some ways a win over them would just be guaranteed to see battered Texas fans and skeptical media move the goal posts again.

Well yeah you blew out a TCU team that SMU almost put 50 on. They’re a bad team, the win proves nothing.

Thus continuing the weekly “this week will show us what Texas is really made of@ threads fairly indefinitely unless we beat Oklahoma.

ADVERTISEMENT