ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: Is Casey better than Spencer Rattler?

geesh, those comments are cringey.
As usual I guess OB knows better than Saban and Sark what a good o-line coaches looks like
I mean... we're not going to let a performance against Tech was away the sins of the last nine months , on and off the field, are we? In one swoop?

@Ketchum do you think the possible rule change will allow us to take more than 26 in the 2022 class or are the 2021 portal transfers going to use up all of our extra spots with the exception of the one unused?

We used spots on Thorton, Davis, Dunn, Oghoufo and Richardson. That is up to 5 more scholarships that we might have in 2022. Of course we will need attrition to fit all of these under the 85 scholarship limit.

After everything this program has done to itself(and it’s fans) over the last decade plus, let’s not act like a complete dud of a performance on the road against tcu is not totally plausible.
It's certainly possible. Nothing in the article suggested it wasn't.

Maybe I'm still biased, but I watched most of the Baylor game and I don't think there's any way they are the 2nd toughest out on the schedule. I would have Okie lite, ISU and TCU in front of them and probably in that order for now.
Maybe, but Baylor literally just beat Iowa State and it wasn't an accident.

great write up….I think I’d switch TCU and WVU on toughest games remaining. TCU has been a complete thorn in our side, but I think West Virginia’s defense was pretty salty.

Reactions: MRTMRT
I watched Oregon last night. They did not look good. Shouldn’t be mentioned in same breath as Georgia and Bama.
Also Clemson hasn’t looked good. But they were one olay away from beating Georgia.
Oregon went to the Shoe and handled Ohio State in their crib.

There aren't many with better wins than that.

@Ketchum do you think the possible rule change will allow us to take more than 26 in the 2022 class or are the 2021 portal transfers going to use up all of our extra spots with the exception of the one unused?

We used spots on Thorton, Davis, Dunn, Oghoufo and Richardson. That is up to 5 more scholarships that we might have in 2022. Of course we will need attrition to fit all of these under the 85 scholarship limit.
I think the rule will be in place soon enough for the 2022 season.

I was watching the Fox postgame show, and Tucker's record field goal was treated like it was a 20 yard chip shot.

Oregon went to the Shoe and handled Ohio State in their crib.

There aren't many with better wins than that.
Agreed…as of today that’s probably the best resume’ win. The only element that would have made it more impressive is if it would have been at night. That being said Oregon didn’t look great against a really bad Arizona team until late in the 4th.
Not any impossible games on the schedule, but a lot of tricky potholes to avoid.
For sure. Given it seems every team gets up to play Texas, ISU, TCU, Baylor, Okie St. and WVU could all be tough outs.

Reactions: wfoot
The story Dick Winters tells about his grandson asking if he was a hero in the war and Winters answers “ no grandpa wasn’t a hero in the war but I served in a company of heroes” gets me every time
Someone starts cutting onions every time that I hear that. The humility of those men is amazing.

Reactions: BYU2UT and THORNS05
A few thoughts as a BoB lover. I got the full DVD set for Christmas in 2001.

1.) I couldn’t watch Homeland with Damien Lewis because I couldn’t stand the guy who played Winters portraying a character like that.

2.) This is one of the more powerful quotes in all of cinema (from the real Winters):

“Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?' Grandpa said, 'No, but I served in a company of heroes.”

Agreed…as of today that’s probably the best resume’ win. The only element that would have made it more impressive is if it would have been at night. That being said Oregon didn’t look great against a really bad Arizona team until late in the 4th.

For sure. Given it seems every team gets up to play Texas, ISU, TCU, Baylor, Okie St. and WVU could all be tough outs.
It was still a three touchdown win. Typically, we don't pick those types of wins apart.

Reactions: DKinnamon
A few thoughts as a BoB lover. I got the full DVD set for Christmas in 2001.

1.) I couldn’t watch Homeland with Damien Lewis because I couldn’t stand the guy who played Winters portraying a character like that.

2.) This is one of the more powerful quotes in all of cinema (from the real Winters):

“Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?' Grandpa said, 'No, but I served in a company of heroes.”
I've never seen Heartland.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Lots of talk on the OU boards that Rattler has pissed off all of his teammates by thinking that he's bigger than the team, showing up for postgame in his own branded apparel etc...

Dissension may do to the Sooners what the Big 12 conference has had a hard time doing.
I wonder if their fan base just doesn’t like him.

Thinking back I can’t think of any Texas player that I just didn’t like. Some that did stupid shite? Yes, absolutely. But none I can think of that were just asshats.

OUs problem is obvious ,their OL is not in the same zip code this year as it has been the last few years. Also Rileys offense is slow devoloping with all the deep crossing routes. Rattler isnt getting time against decent DLs and the routes are not getting time to devolop. Their OL is weak as well water.--utx

I think the rule will be in place soon enough for the 2022 season.
I think you missed the point of my question. Will it allow the 5 portal transfers in 2021 to be offset by the portal transfer out, allowing us to use the extra scholarships from prior years in the 2022 class or will we have a hard cap of 26?

I understand the new rule will allow transfers to come in to the extent we have transfers leaving next season.

Ingram, Epps, Smith, Pouncey, Moore and JQJ are transfer portals out I can think of off the top of my head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT