ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Is it April 1st yet?)

I have no idea. BTW the one is not proof of the other. A dossier can exist either way.
It's dangerous to push narratives that you really don't have any clue about.

It all blends together and becomes one in the same for those consuming and wishing to push it as part of an agenda for change.

Your first post in this thread gives life to ALL of the rumors by simply going out of its way to be vague and not really say anything at all other than you believe something you can't prove to be true exists because you... what... heard that it might?

I applaud your fortitude for picking Card as the starter, I wholeheartedly agree. I love Thompson, but that 1 1/2 quarters against an incredibly weak Colorado defense should not cause the fan base to believe that type of performance would be the norm. Card just seems to be an absolutely perfect fit for Sark’s offense. I just don’t see Beard leaving Lubbock, he is the presiding King of that part of the state. Tech is also loaded with some of their own BMDs. I do believe Mussleman or Ivey would bring enough excitement to make ev happy. Ivey would be my first choice. I know this sounds a bit crazy, but there is a lot of discontent between Kentucky and Calapari. Is this a time to give that a shot?

Out of curiosity, what makes Card a “perfect fit?”

FWIW, “crazy” doesn’t even begin to describe pursuing Cal.

It's dangerous to push narratives that you really don't have any clue about.

It all blends together and becomes one in the same for those consuming and wishing to push it as part of an agenda for change.

Your first post in this thread gives life to ALL of the rumors by simply going out of its way to be vague and not really say anything at all other than you believe something you can't prove to be true exists because you... what... heard that it might?
Great, I am glad to hear there is nothing to it. Thanks for your confirmation. Go forth and be happy.

a. I don't think Hudson looked lost.
b. He was better than Casey in practices throughout the season on a consistent basis.
c. He's more talented throwing the football.

He's the one who looks like a god more times than not between the two.

Except come game time one clearly outperformed the other. Sure, the data is a bit limited. Sure things can change. But one QB wrecked shop when given his first real snaps. The others was Hudson Card.

Reactions: UTbatachele
I feel like Beard doesn’t happen which means welcome to Austin Coach Beard.
Put me in the Ivey camp.
I would actually kind of like this. I know Beard is a great option, but for the amount of money we are talking about, he would almost have to be a GOAT-level coach to make the hire worth it. He may be, but there are no sure things in HC hires. Plus I really like Ivey and would love to see him succeed here.

Reactions: drunk randoke
Except come game time one clearly outperformed the other. Sure, the data is a bit limited. Sure things can change. But one QB wrecked shop when given his first real snaps. The others was Hudson Card.
That's completely fair.

I don't think the current coaches care a ton about that truth.

That's completely fair.

That’s fair. But then again how much are they going to care about how each looked in practice last season when weren’t here?

Reactions: srl
No doubt.

It all starts now for both of them.

Y0dqnM.gif

That feels like the JV hire, no?
I agree from the buzz standpoint. I think the Arky Coach is the best option if Beard becomes a “NO“ for whatever reason. My dream scenario would be Beard coming to Texas and hiring Royal Ivey as an assistant and heir apparent for when Beard bolts for UNC. Royal could learn the recruiting side of the business with Beard. Recruiting is what is the great unknown for Royal IMO. I think Royal will land a college job if he wants one. I like his reputation but I would like to see him recruit and field a team before turning over a Power 5 program to him. Why gamble this year when we can hire him home after he establishes himself as a legit college coach.

And with the game on the line, and their jobs on the line, the coaches sent Casey out to win the Alamo Bowl

I agree from the buzz standpoint. I think the Arky Coach is the best option if Beard becomes a “NO“ for whatever reason. My dream scenario would be Beard coming to Texas and hiring Royal Ivey as an assistant and heir apparent for when Beard bolts for UNC. Royal could learn the recruiting side of the business with Beard. Recruiting is what is the great unknown for Royal IMO. I think Royal will land a college job if he wants one. I like his reputation but I would like to see him recruit and field a team before turning over a Power 5 program to him. Why gamble this year when we can hire him home after he establishes himself as a legit college coach.
Musselman would be like a better version of Penders ball IMO

Reactions: Mike.Tip
And with the game on the line, and their jobs on the line, the coaches sent Casey out to win the Alamo Bowl
and when it was over the same coaches basically rendered his performance as worthless when discussing next year.

I found it so weird how the outgoing staff viewed that performance.

and when it was over the same coaches basically rendered his performance as worthless when discussing next year.

I found it so weird how the outgoing staff viewed that performance.

Outgoing is probably the operative word. Casey made Card, and even Sam, look like second stingers in that game. Sounded to me like the coaches were trying to console them.

Reactions: Utexex1989
I think if CDC hires Royal Ivey as coach there won't be any problem at all in creating the buzz necessary to fill the new BB arena, at least for the first year. Surely CDC can orchestrate an effective publicity program for a new coach who is a returning alum, has NBA playing and coaching experience and comes with freely given endorsements from big name NBA stars. Whatever you give up in anticipation by the hard core fan about whether he knows the Xs and Os like Beard would be more than offset by the increase in anticipation by the casual fan and Austin's glitterati.

Outgoing is probably the operative word. Casey made Card, and even Sam, look like second stingers in that game. Sounded to me like the coaches were trying to console them.
Casey spent the previous four months making Thompson look like he didn't belong in the same sentence with him.

Weird set of paradoxes.

I think if CDC hires Royal Ivey as coach there won't be any problem at all in creating the buzz necessary to fill the new BB arena, at least for the first year. Surely CDC can orchestrate an effective publicity program for a new coach who is a returning alum, has NBA playing and coaching experience and comes with freely given endorsements from big name NBA stars. Whatever you give up in anticipation by the hard core fan about whether he knows the Xs and Os like Beard would be more than offset by the increase in anticipation by the casual fan and Austin's glitterati.
I think Ivey is the floor and that's a good thing.

Reactions: drunk randoke
Casey spent the previous four months making Thompson look like he didn't belong in the same sentence with him.

Weird set of paradoxes.

I think you meant Card, but that’s laughable. If Card were that much better in practice, Casey wouldn’t have gone in when the bowl game was on the line, and Herman’s job was on the line. We had lost all momentum by halftime, and only had a 7 point lead. Casey destroyed them.

Reactions: Utexex1989
I think you meant Card, but that’s laughable. If Card were that much better in practice, Casey wouldn’t have gone in when the bowl game was on the line, and Herman’s job was on the line. We had lost all momentum by halftime, and only had a 7 point lead. Casey destroyed them.
I did mean Card.

I'm telling you right now that the coaches that have worked extensively worked with both don't believe they are the same caliber of player.

Casey played ahead of Card because they knew he would transfer if he didn't and they didn't want to throw Card into that situation as a true freshman.

I did mean Card.

I'm telling you right now that the coaches that have worked extensively worked with both don't believe they are the same caliber of player.

Casey played ahead of Card because they knew he would transfer if he didn't and they didn't want to throw Card into that situation as a true freshman.

The coaches that trusted Card to throw three passes in games this season in mop up duty? He did play, in two games. He didn’t look that good in either. He was 1-3 for 5 yards. Casey looked good in both.

People focus on the 4 TD’s in the Alamo Bowl, but Casey also threw 2 against UTEP. Half his completions went for TDs, and he is bigger and faster than Card.

Card may get better, but Casey was way ahead last year.

Tell the mods here to quit reporting it.
I wish they would, Mike. The proof is in the pudding for me:
Clark gone; Mike White killin’ it
Aston gone; Vic Schaefer killin’ it
Herman gone; Sark TBD
Smart gone; replacement TBD

I wish they would, Mike. The proof is in the pudding for me:
Clark gone; Mike White killin’ it
Aston gone; Vic Schaefer killin’ it
Herman gone; Sark TBD
Smart gone; replacement TBD

Not disputing his hires but I think it is fair to say that he balks at firing people. He did not fire Clark or Aston. Herman was pressure form others. Shaka walked but was reported here CDC did not want to fire him.

Reactions: cooleyo
Not disputing his hires but I think it is fair to say that he balks at firing people. He did not fire Clark or Aston. Herman was pressure form others. Shaka walked but was reported here CDC did not want to fire him.
He doesn't fo firing well, but he does hiring pretty damn good.

To be fair, firing people like a stud is what Patterson specialized in.

Fair enough.

That's completely fair.

And people who ignore the truth especially when it comes to their own don’t do well. So you are admitting the coaching staff is biased towards Card. Even though he is not better than Casey at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT