ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Is this the GOAT UT hoops team?)

I was trying to be nice, but I totally agree with you. There were some ulterior motives at play. Maybe it was as you said, they wanted a Texas/Aggie matchup.
They definitely did. Also, they put Auburn as a No.9 at home to set up a made for TV second-round match-up.

I thought we had decided LeFau is (currently) too small. Now all of the sudden people are asking if he's going to start as a freshman on Day 1?

Who is "we"? I heard Tausili Akana was a bit smaller, maybe you have them confused? But we know Hill is pushing to start opposite Ford so not sure why anyone would expect Lefau to start as a freshman. They both need to be ready to play quality snaps though this year so the faster they're ready the better.

Who is "we"? I heard Tausili Akana was a bit smaller, maybe you have them confused? But we know Hill is pushing to start opposite Ford so not sure why anyone would expect Lefau to start as a freshman. They both need to be ready to play quality snaps though this year so the faster they're ready the better.
The thing is they have Hill working behind Ford at the moment I wonder how long it takes before they move him opposite Ford.

Are you not counting the conference tournament title?

It’s part of their resume. I’m talking the entire body of work. Off the top of my head:

‘88-‘89
‘89-‘90
‘93-‘94
‘99-‘00
‘00-‘01
‘01-‘02
‘02-‘03
‘03-‘04
‘05-‘06
‘07-‘08
‘10-‘11

All were clearly better squads

It’s part of their resume. I’m talking the entire body of work. Off the top of my head:

‘88-‘89
‘89-‘90
‘93-‘94
‘99-‘00
‘00-‘01
‘01-‘02
‘02-‘03
‘03-‘04
‘05-‘06
‘07-‘08
‘10-‘11

All were clearly better squads
Only if you believe NCAA Tournament success is the only thing that matters.

Texas finished 5th in the final AP Poll, tied for the highest finish in school history.

He took a job at a school with a struggling basketball program and earned a three-seed in the nation's toughest conference.

Have you been to Manhattan, Kansas?
Have you been to Lawrence?

Kansas State hasn't been some doldrum of a program. It is much better than Fresno State or UTEP (and yes, I am aware of Texas Western's history).

He took a job at a school with a struggling basketball program and earned a three-seed in the nation's toughest conference.

Have you been to Manhattan, Kansas?

Between Texas and Kansas State, which program has been better overall going back 15 seasons?

Actually if you know the game of hoops. So I get why you don’t understand.

sesame street k GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
Have you been to Lawrence?

Kansas State hasn't been some doldrum of a program. It is much better than Fresno State or UTEP (and yes, I am aware of Texas Western's history).
Lawrence is a cool town.

I see you avoided the next question about KSU and Texas.

How are we defining success?

Tournament success? Kansas State. if we're going back 15 years.

What if we go back to 1996?

It has gone to the Tournament 10 times in 27 years. Texas has gone 23 times.

He's a three-time first-team All-Pro corner and was the third highest graded CB in the game last year behind Sauce Gardner and Pat Surtain.

It doesn't get much better.

He had his cookies taken by the 49ers Every. Single. Time. Dude is the definition of overrated. All talk.

That umpire needs to be fired yesterday. That's the most Bs call i've ever seen

He had his cookies taken by the 49ers Every. Single. Time. Dude is the definition of overrated. All talk.

Except he's not. Struggling with Deebo doesn't mean that 9 out of 10 times, he's going to win his battle strongly.

• Haha
Reactions: Txhorns10
How are we defining success?

Tournament success? Kansas State. if we're going back 15 years.

What if we go back to 1996?

It has gone to the Tournament 10 times in 27 years. Texas has gone 23 times.

15 years covers 3 different prior HCs for KSU. You made a big deal about Tang performing some sort of miracle in Manhattan when appreciable recent history shows a pretty solid good level of success. 2 Elite 8s. 2 more Sweet Sixteens. 3 other first round wins. Basically a push with Texas. Building a good program at KSU is not some miraculous task

15 years covers 3 different prior HCs for KSU. You made a big deal about Tang performing some sort of miracle in Manhattan when appreciable recent history shows a pretty solid good level of success. 2 Elite 8s. 2 more Sweet Sixteens. 3 other first round wins. Basically a push with Texas. Building a good program at KSU is not some miraculous task

Tang's No.3 seed is the second highest in program history to go along with the 2010 team that was a No.2 seed and went to the Elite 8.

In year one.

Following a 4-year absence from the Tournament.

I'm not telling you he did a great job. History is.

Tang's No.3 seed is the second highest in program history to go along with the 2010 team that was a No.2 seed and went to the Elite 8.

In year one.

Following a 4-year absence from the Tournament.

I'm not telling you he did a great job. History is.

It was a 3 season absence. Technically 2 but the point stays the same. Have I EVER said he didn’t do a great job? So history isn’t really telling me anything.

It was a 3 season absence. Technically 2 but the point stays the same. Have I EVER said he didn’t do a great job? So history isn’t really telling me anything.

It is. It's telling you that he created the second-best regular season in program history based on seeding.

And it's telling you that while you argue that Kansas State has been at least UT's equal as a program in the last 15 years.

On another note, you're right three seasons.

Bruce Weber, a man that has taken three different tams to the Tournament, two teams to the Sweet 16 and one to the Elite 8, went the following in his last three seasons:

11-21
9-20
14-17

Tang went 23-9 on the fly.

So, yeah, maybe a miracle job.

ADVERTISEMENT