ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (It's all about to go down...)

SI swimsuit editions were everything.
Yes they were. My older cousin got them and he let me look at them without my Aunt knowing. He would have gotten into big trouble.

Also...I must say you're good people. Helping out @Ihateaggie like that is what this place is all about. You helped me out in the past. Ihateaggie I hope you get through this medical issue well. You'll be in my prayers.

Reactions: HOFFSTRADAMUS
Thanks. Not my best, but considering the circumstances of it being my birthday and I was doing stuff with the family for much of the day, I'll take it. ;)
That’s really kind of you to help out those guys the way you did. You have a big heart. 🤘

Yes they were. My older cousin got them and he let me look at them without my Aunt knowing. He would have gotten into big trouble.

Also...I must say you're good people. Helping out @Ihateaggie like that is what this place is all about. You helped me out in the past. Ihateaggie I hope you get through this medical issue well. You'll be in my prayers.

a. I had Elle photos in my locker at school throughout middle school. lol.

b. OB family is family. We need to be here for our brothers and sisters.

This isn't a list of the top 10 prospects in the state; rather it's a look at the Top 10 most important players to the Longhorns in terms of value, positional needs and positional scarcity.

1. OL - Devon Campbell (Arlington Bowie)
2. OL - Kam Dewberry (Humble Atascocita)
3. CB - Denver Harris (Houston North Shore)
4. OL - Kelvin Banks (Houston Summer Creek)
5. WR - Evan Stewart (Frisco Liberty)
6. CB - Bryce Anderson (Beaumont Westbrook)
7. OL - Cameron Willliams (Duncanville)
8. OL - Neto Umeozulu - (Allen)
9. LB - Harold Perkins (Cypress Park)
10. DL - Jaray Bledsoe (Bremond)
I think Sark would tell you that a certain committed prospect should be on top of this list. Heck another committed prospect might be number 2 as well.

1. Quinn - first person Sark called and the recruit he talks to more than any other... AGNB
2. Bear - freakiest of freaks
3. Banks - the only elite true tackle prospect in the state.
4. Brown - need elite Jack prospects desperately
5. Harris - day 1 starter
6. Campbell - best guard in the nation
7./8. Stewart/Hudson need at least one
9. Anderson - only this low because db is deeper than other positions at Texas.
10. Dewberry - likely guard, maybe RT potential.

1. Quinn - first person Sark called and the recruit he talks to more than any other... AGNB
Agree with all but Dew and Campbell. Campbell could be a great right Tackle and Dewberry can absolutely play Left or right tackle. Agree banks is best pure tackle

I think Sark would tell you that a certain committed prospect should be on top of this list. Heck another committed prospect might be number 2 as well.
It could, but that wasn't the purpose of this particular list.

well, that's certainly an interesting take,.

Agree with all but Dew and Campbell. Campbell could be a great right Tackle and Dewberry can absolutely play Left or right tackle. Agree banks is best pure tackle
I'm not completely sold that Banks is a tackle. He absolutely could be, but there are times when he plays like an interior guy.

well, that's certainly an interesting take,.
Our lists weren't that different, other than my including three guys that are committed to other schools. When it comes to those three, their being committed elsewhere doesn't change how important they are to Texas based on the criteria you laid out.

I'm not completely sold that Banks is a tackle. He absolutely could be, but there are times when he plays like an interior guy.
I just don't see that at all with Banks. He's the only one out of the top 4-5 guys that has Tackle length.

Ewers should be number 1 on the list of important recruits.
My preference would have been Klubnik. That guy just seems to be the competitor Sark describes in a QB. The 5 star is flashy and all but there is something about Klubnik that strikes me as having an “it factor”. I wouldn’t be complaining if Ewers decided to flip but just saying if I had my pick...

I am sorry, but some on this list are just awful. #9, cmon man! #5 for real she looks 12? #2 has a horse mouth. Where is Halle Berry? Diane Lane should be numero uno! Where is Emmanuelle Chriqui? Blake Lively? Gal Gadot or Megan Fox. Man, I love you Ketch, but this list missed about as bad as Tyrone Swoops hitting a guy in the flat.
A man’s personal list doesn’t miss. You can agree or disagree but trying to correct someone else’s personal preferences/opinions is just a little too 2020.

Reactions: Cure4BizCancer
SI swimsuit editions were everything.
This is the one that I remember more than any other...

001260000mfinaljpg.jpg

Reactions: HOFFSTRADAMUS
Our lists weren't that different, other than my including three guys that are committed to other schools. When it comes to those three, their being committed elsewhere doesn't change how important they are to Texas based on the criteria you laid out.

I just don't see that at all with Banks. He's the only one out of the top 4-5 guys that has Tackle length.
He moves like an inside guy at times. He can play a little heavy.

@sodiumacetate also, if were to include committed players, you could make a case that Ewers wouldn't be the only quarterback on the list, just like all of the offensive linemen are listed.

For @Ketchum Happy Birthday!

10. Vanity
Vanity-Playboy-1.jpg

9. Angela Bassett
90YGjux2RnfDp5GZ_abJn4zAPj6WDeaIqt_xTWGhvdcB122IP4sZsXZCJ2qEokz6-s20bbV0QkXgoLU5kvB3FpdC-6JEhf_P=s1000

8. Diane Lane
Diane-Lane-Hot-Pics.jpg

7. Janelle Monae
e60fe18f5c02ebbc76f92e26981c7fea.jpg

6. Zoe Saldana
6ZPRLhjN9U6GfkzmWoGhub7oM1TyWz_wQ7AMxnGD-yLoLxO7yDxnngr71QqXuyfuTVm9Y1rlVs1y7OCEs_rf_X0ZrbsdJ4s6wkmWDZJfUFyYJTPqgjeq1iQhgZo

5. Natalie Portman
Natalie-Portman-1.jpg

4. Stacy Keibler
stacy-keibler-naked.jpg

3. Candice Swanepoel
rs_634x1024-181108181708-634-candice-swanepoel-victorias-secret-fashion-show.ls.11818.jpg

2. Keira Knightley
keira-knightly-all-people-photo-u1

1. Elle McPhearson
1f313d42551a5db3d0a1117260354d01.jpg

RpAptKnLRRo5vmp_04OW0WHoSLH_kM4Oe8Ap7n_3qsqNbmyDQmzJDkeyrd8Tld2fyW2gaHUFgfsXgeMKMtGIkuQli_dFKcLyiXSPyyYhz6LRJVK5xwMCwj6w5uKiNqVg

Last edited:
In two weeks, we're going to see the wildest stretch of recruiting that we've seen in some time.

Beginning on June 1, the restriction against on-campus visits ends, and with recruits able to visit schools for the first time in almost 15 months, it's going to be on.

When I say it's going to be on, I mean that the defining moments of the 2022 recruiting class will take place in the next 45-60 days. Don't be tricked into believing that the first National Signing Day being a little more than half a year away means much. Also, don't buy into the myth that much of what Texas does on the field this year is going to significantly impact the final results of the 2022 recruiting class.

Oh, there will be a few December/January announcements and the performance on the field could impact a few decisions, but the reality of the situation is this...

a. A majority of the best prospects in the state of Texas have already made commitments.
b. The majority of the most important official visits that remain for the 2022 class will occur during the month of June, as stir crazy kids hit the road.
c. Of the remaining elite kids left on the table in the state of Texas, it wouldn't shock anyone if nearly half or more make decisions before September 1.

Although my LSR Top 100 rankings for the Class of 2022 will be updated this week, the majority of the elite kids have been established for a while, and as things currently stand, six of the Top 10 and 10 of the state's Top 20 are already committed.

Of those 10 that haven't committed, these are the guys that matter the most for the Longhorns:

WR Evan Stewart
OL Kam Dewberry
OL Devon Campbell
OL Kelvin Banks (taking his official visit to Texas on June 18th)

LB Harold Perkins
CB Denver Harris (taking his official visit to Texas on June 18th)
CB Bryce Anderson
Ath Brenan Thompson

It's probably hard to pinpoint exactly which of these players will pull the trigger on decisions before the high school football season starts, but it'll almost certainly include a handful of names on the list.

None of this is saying that there aren't other outstanding football players available in this class; it's simply an acknowledgement of the stakes involved once the visits start taking place in June.

The moment is nearly upon Steve Sarkisian, and he's going to need to rely on his staff's incredible sales tactics and a recruiting pitch that features more vision than anything else. When it comes to recruiting, the 2021 season is about 2023 recruiting as much as it is about the 2022 crop.

Get your popcorn ready.

No. 2 - Stealing an idea from Alex Dunlap...

This isn't a list of the top 10 prospects in the state; rather it's a look at the Top 10 most important players to the Longhorns in terms of value, positional needs and positional scarcity.

It's all about the offensive linemen and a sprinkle of special individual recruits. You could make a case that the entire Top 5 could be nothing but the five best offensive linemen in this class.

No. 3 - On a fairly slow weekend as we get ready for June...

Full confession - the 10-year old version of me really enjoyed this Tweet.

No. 4 - A damn good weekend on the 40 Acres for the non-revenue sports...

In the event that you weren't keeping score at home...

* The Longhorns pulled off the double at the Outdoor Track and Field Championships, winning the team titles on both the men's and women's side of the ledger.

* The Texas women's track team set a record with 207 points for the program's 12th overall team title and second consecutive. Meanwhile, the 173 points posted by the men's side were the second-most by any team in Big 12 history.

* The Texas women's rowing team won its six straight Big 12 title. Is Texas a swimming and rowing school?

* The No. 2 Texas women's tennis team advanced to the NCAA Elite 8 and takes on No. 7 Florida State on Wednesday for a chance to make the Final Four.

Not a bad weekend at all.

No. 5 - Cat Osterman-level dominance ...

When it's all said and done, Tara Davis is going to go down as one of the best athletes this school has ever seen.

She's the best female long jumper in NCAA history. It’s undeniable at this point.

No. 6 - Without overcooking the grits...

It's a big week for the Texas baseball team. Not the biggest week of the season. Those bad boys occur in June.

So, let's not make too much out of whatever happens with the Longhorns hosting West Virginia and TCU headed to Manhattan, but the conference title is on the line this weekend.

If iron sharpens iron, then the pressure that the Longhorns will feel in their series with the Mountaineers should prove to be a perfect tune-up for regional and potential super action regional. The opportunity is there, but the margin of error is slight.

The good news is that TCU's form is a little shaky, including losing a pair of games at La-Monroe over the weekend.

I'm curious to see what Texas and TCU both show from a championship backbone standpoint.

No. 7 – BUY or SELL …

(Sell) I typically steal his intel at all times, so I'd call it a wash. I can't remember the last time we were on different sides of a prediction.

(Buy) I think it's a tall task for both, but I'm more confident of Beard getting there faster than Sark.

(Buy) At some point, you have to believe when the team has been this good over the last 60 or so games going back to 2019.

(Sell) I don't believe Texas is going to be that good yet. Ask me this question again in August.

(Buy) Yeah, man. Feeling good.

(Sell) Actually, Mack Brown started 1-2 in 1998 as well. Also, Nick Saban lost at home to La-Monroe in his first season.

(Buy) However, it also needs to be said that they could still not be as good as last year's team as well. Both options are not out of the realm.

(Sell) I don't know if Texas gets there in year one, but it's not unrealistic that they could. Texas feels like the No. 3 team in the league to me going into the season, which means that they don't have to climb too high to get into the game.

(Sell) Not in 2021, anyways.

(Sell) I'll send you an email. I've got you. If you're dealing with medical problems, please allow Orangebloods to be riding shotgun with you on us, OB family is family.

(Sell) But, maybe it wouldn't be too far from that number.

(Sell) #TeamCard

(Buy) Yup, I'm buying that all day long.

(Buy) It's a baby buy, though, but I'll still step on the limb with Campbell and Banks.

No. 8 - Scattershooting on the sports weekend...

,,, Charli Collier starting off well...

... Congrats to the Sam Houston State football team.

... This was such a nice moment at this weekend's Hoops hall of fame inductions.

... The East comes through Philly this year. In The Process, I trust. Bring on anybody.

... I'd be ok with Steph Curry winning the NBA MVP. I'm not sure he's ever been better.

... It wasn't the weekend he was hoping for after a first round 63 in his own backyard, but another Top 10 finish is a positive step forward for Jordan Spieth. That's a 9th, 3rd, 1st, 48th, 4th, 15th, 3rd and 4th in his last nine starts heading into this weekend's PGA Championship.

... Charles Oliveira winning in the UFC in 2021 was not a headline I ever expected to see.

... The grind of starting the first two months on the road appears to be taking its toll on Austin FC in its first season.

... Luis Freaking Suarez. It had to be him saving Atletico's season on Sunday, didn't it?

... Good for Leicester City. It's hard not to appreciate a club like Leicester winning the FA up for the first time in nearly 60 years. Also, are we at a point where we should say that Leicester has replaced Arsenal in the Big 6 of English football?

... This was all I needed for my birthday. Well, this and my family. I was more than good all day.

... This was my wife moments after this occurred.

No. 9 - My Top 10...umm... Top 10... if you know what I mean...

With all due respect to Anwar Richardson's request for a Stevie Wonder list after the man turned 71 years old this week, it's my birthday and I thought it would be more fun to do a different set of rankings.

Let's call this the "Top 10 women to post photos of for my birthday" if you're into that sort of thing.

Everyone thinks I'm #TeamMiley, first and foremost, but the reality is that she doesn't crack my personal Top 10.

p.s. - I'm pretty sure I could name my wife's Top 10 list. Christian Bale and Cillian Murphy are high on that one, I know.

Let's do this!

10. 1980s Vanity
9. 1990's Angela Bassett
8. Diane Lane
7. Janelle Monae
6. Zoe Saldana
5. Natalie Portman
4. Stacy Keibler
3. Candice Swanepoel
2. Keira Knightley
1. 1990's Elle McPhearson

No. 10 - And Finally ...

I just wanted to take a moment to say a special thank you to Robert Hurst, a dear sweet man that has been a friend to Orangebloods for nearly all 20 years that we've been going strong.

When I visited his home this weekend to pick up the final items for the JimTexas scholarship silent auctions we had last month, it dawned on me that with his battle with cancer, I can't take for granted that I'll ever get a chance to visit with him again in person.

A piece of my heart broke when I drove out of South Austin.

Robert... from the bottom of my heart... we love you, man.

giphy.gif

Jokic beats Curry handedly in just about all stats, plus he was a bigger part of a better team.
He's a stat nerd's dream, but that's all he feels like right now.

A rich man's Kevin Love when he was with the T-Wolves,

@sodiumacetate also, if were to include committed players, you could make a case that Ewers wouldn't be the only quarterback on the list, just like all of the offensive linemen are listed.
I think he is the only one that would be more important than the other guys we listed. Obviously I am a fan and have been since I first posted about him having success on the 7v7 circuit as an 8th grade. But as critical as it is to have an elite player at that position, it cannot be overstated how important getting Ewers back in the fold would be. Plus, it comes with two bonuses: First, there would be a huge impact in recruiting. Second, it would slow down Ohio State’s annoying habit of drinking our milkshake.

Reactions: boernefan
Jokic beats Curry handedly in just about all stats, plus he was a bigger part of a better team.
Jokic is putting up big numbers for the Nuggets, much like Hardin did for the Rockets. But, the Nuggets have way more talent on the court than the Warriors. They've finished 4th, 3rd, and 2nd in the last 3 seasons, while significantly upgrading SF and PF, to go along with the big leaps Jokic & Murry have made at C and PG respectively. The same can't be said for the Warriors. Honestly, who on the Warriors would start for the Nuggets other than Curry? Put Steph on the Nuggets in place of Murray and they're probably the favorites for the title. The team is that talented. Put Jokic on the Warriors in place of Looney and they're probably 1st or 2nd round casualty.

He's a stat nerd's dream, but that's all he feels like right now.

A rich man's Kevin Love when he was with the T-Wolves,
Sounds like you are implying they are empty stats on a bad team, which is what Kevin's Love was. You know the Nuggets have the 5th best record in the league? If not, then is there a point you're making? Because Kevin Love would be an MVP had if he had even more stats, and had them more efficiently, and carried his team to an upper playoff team like Jokic.

Jokic is putting up big numbers for the Nuggets, much like Hardin did for the Rockets. But, the Nuggets have way more talent on the court than the Warriors. They've finished 4th, 3rd, and 2nd in the last 3 seasons, while significantly upgrading SF and PF, to go along with the big leaps Jokic & Murry have made at C and PG respectively. The same can't be said for the Warriors. Honestly, who on the Warriors would start for the Nuggets other than Curry? Put Steph on the Nuggets in place of Murray and they're probably the favorites for the title. The team is that talented. Put Jokic on the Warriors in place of Looney and they're probably 1st or 2nd round casualty.
Not at all like Hardin because Jokic plays some defense. And should we take Curry's two MVPs away in 2015 and 2016 because he had way more talent on his team than any other candidates? He had way more help then than Jokic now.

Reactions: Iceman
ADVERTISEMENT