ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (It's time for Herman to take back Dallas)

@Ketchum Is there any real reason (related to your B/S question about Ehlinger getting concussed)...to think that he has a problem with this a la David Ash? I don't really think so (but maybe I'm wrong)...he seemed locked in and just fine in the bowl game.

I looked at that Sosa picture for awhile without knowing who it was or scrolling down to see. WTF? There are so many questions.

What if Herman realized that if you take Houston every year, your team will more than likely be filled with badasses?

Kind of like Miami taking south Florida in the 80's.

Let everyone fight over the guys in dallas/ft-worth, and keep a dome around Houston that is just for Texas. I think that would be pretty damn good.

I mean, ideally, I want him to own the entire state, but owning Houston would be pretty great, too.

While we're at it, CTH needs to recruit nationally better than ANY Texas head coach has ever done. It's time, it's smart, it's necessary, it's forward looking, and with the right commitment and resources, it's doable.

Reactions: Craben
For a split second, I thought that Sosa picture was going to be a “feel good” story about a special needs adult. My god, he really has fallen from his perch of the 90’s.

My all time favorite Sammy Sosa quote, when asked if he had any plans for the coming month after hitting close to .400 with 10+ HRs in the previous month, Sammy replied with the Sosa classic, "Let's just keep it continue...." A saying that has made a living at Vegas poker and craps table's when ever Lady Luck is hanging with HuffTex...

Hard to believe what has happened to Sosa. He was a God in Chicago for about 8 years. It's like none of that ever happened. Meanwhile, fellow roiders Bonds and McGwire are revered still in SF and StL.

Yeah, I don't get it. Why is Sosa so despised by so many? He always seemed like a okay guy. It just seems that the vitriol thrown his way is out of proportion compared to some other accused roiders who were genuinely despicable, like Bonds.

Reactions: hookem81
Should of asked this question this week...Buy or Sell the over/under on Texas staff changes (not due to promotions/taking better job) after the 2018 season is 3.

Interesting prediction. As far as I can tell this has never happened since team rankings began being tracked. There were a couple years were both were close to having top-10 finishes, but never actually happened.
I'm pretty sure it has happened before.

I know this site is pretty much locked in on the idea Beck will call plays but I highly doubt Herman changed his stance on calling plays as a HC only to not call plays. Why open up that pandora's box? Why be criticized more if Beck starts slow? Why call plays in the bowl game but then give them back? I just get the feeling this site will pretty soon start running with that as a fact and I'm betting Herman calls plays.
Consider calling plays a test-drive of sorts. Herman didn't like the car.

@Ketchum Is there any real reason (related to your B/S question about Ehlinger getting concussed)...to think that he has a problem with this a la David Ash? I don't really think so (but maybe I'm wrong)...he seemed locked in and just fine in the bowl game.
I don't believe so, but he has to stay healthy this season or he runs the risk of falling into the category that Buechele is currently in.

Reactions: Cure4BizCancer
* This team gave up way too many baskets at the hoop against TCU. When you consider that Osetkowski didn't commit a single personal foul in 30 minutes on the floor, I think I'd like to have seen him not stand still and watch a few of those TCU dunks and layups that took place right in front of him. I'm not suggesting that Osetkowski wipe anyone out, just don't let them waltz down the lane and score at the hoop uncontested.
My first doubts about Dylan on defense began to really take hold in the first KU game. There were multiple times he was in position to contest shots and just... didn't. Looks to me like he's very well coached on where to be, and he gets to the right spots but just doesn't want to commit to actually stopping anyone. Every game I've seen since then is about the same - he looks active and waves a hand at things but doesn't really commit his body or make an effort to block shots. Offensively it's a bit similar - he'll make a good move but then just finish weakly or rush a shot up.

I remember the story about Shaka making him say he was the 'biggest baddest (MF) in the gym' all off season. I kind of think Shaka was onto something but that Dylan somehow still hasn't realized that's who he can be. It's who he needs to be if this team is going to turn things around.

My first doubts about Dylan on defense began to really take hold in the first KU game. There were multiple times he was in position to contest shots and just... didn't. Looks to me like he's very well coached on where to be, and he gets to the right spots but just doesn't want to commit to actually stopping anyone. Every game I've seen since then is about the same - he looks active and waves a hand at things but doesn't really commit his body or make an effort to block shots. Offensively it's a bit similar - he'll make a good move but then just finish weakly or rush a shot up.

I remember the story about Shaka making him say he was the 'biggest baddest (MF) in the gym' all off season. I kind of think Shaka was onto something but that Dylan somehow still hasn't realized that's who he can be. It's who he needs to be if this team is going to turn things around.
He needs to be a little more goonish.

Ketch nailed the QB B/S question....

People are underestimating the 2 frosh coming in, and overestimating Shane’s ability to stay healthy.

I actually agree with Ketch's prediction. I am not in anyway underestimating the 2 frosh quarterbacks coming in. I just hold that it is a fact that if we are playing a true freshman QB it is a bad thing. Bad for us, meaning that we are still in the situation where we have no QB depth, and bad for that frosh player. Both Shane and Sam may have been very good college QB's. We will never know, as we had to shove them into our Cleveland Browns freshman QB development grinder and completely ruin them before they had a chance. I just hope that we don't have to sacrifice another outstanding QB prospect in 2018. Ketch is probably correct, though. Our mangling of freshman QB's will probably continue.

What is all the fuss over Three Billboards? Worst movie I've seen in over 20 years. Nothing but a platform for obscenities with no point and no resolution. Oh, and here was a gratuitous suicide thrown in.

Reactions: NativeTex
What is all the fuss over Three Billboards? Worst movie I've seen in over 20 years. Nothing but a platform for obscenities with no point and no resolution. Oh, and here was a gratuitous suicide thrown in.
worst in 20 years?

What if Herman realized that if you take Houston every year, your team will more than likely be filled with badasses?

Let everyone fight over the guys in dallas/ft-worth, and keep a dome around Houston that is just for Texas. I think that would be pretty damn good.

I mean, ideally, I want him to own the entire state, but owning Houston would be pretty great, too.

Heman knows better than to limit himself to one town or one state.

Reactions: danhorn

Switzer is quoted as saying (regarding recruiting), “ just give me Houston”.

ADVERTISEMENT