ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (It's time for Herman to take back Dallas)

DFW might produce the best HS programs in the state, but you absolutely lock down Houston/SE Texas first when it comes to recruiting.

But you didn't answer it until I asked. Multiple times. You even said so yourself. The fact that you think you have higher ground here is a medical issue.
You should have been able to answer it yourself.

Maybe the other way of looking at it is Herman focused his efforts on the area that had the bulk of the top end talent in 2018 (Houston) and will do the same in 2019 (Dallas)?

FYI...didn't read all the reposnes so apllogies if similar thought was posted.
I think it remains to be seen. How they approach things is one of the stories within the story.

DFW might produce the best HS programs in the state, but you absolutely lock down Houston/SE Texas first when it comes to recruiting.
I think if you're Texas,you have to multi-task here. You can't give an inch when it comes to the primary territories within in-state recruiting.

Reactions: Dualthreat

You recruit wherever the best players happen to be that particular recruiting year. Obsessing over locking down some city, area, or the state every year is more a notion generated by local fans than recruting necessity.

Ole "Side Street." Brings back some memories.

Nestled between 6th and 7th on Trinity behind Wylies, which is also long gone. Quality grilled grilled chicken sandwich with chips and salsa at Wylies.

Two good Texas Ex's owned that bar. Britt Hardeman, graduated around 2001, Sigma Chi, who owns a construction and consulting company - The Capitol TI Group and Randy Smallwood, a Delta Sigma Pi, who graduated in '95 and works for Dell as a PCA acct manager. He managed that titty bar on Congress for a few years, forgot the name of it.

Anyways, they owned it with one other guy - a Texas State grad, Kevin Cosper - another Sigma Chi, who works for The Equity Engineering Group. Anywho, they quickly found out splitting it three ways was not very profitable. Even with all three bartending.

Anyone know these fellas?

You recruit wherever the best players happen to be that particular recruiting year. Obsessing over locking down some city, area, or the state every year is more a notion generated by local fans than recruting necessity.
bingo

Hell, that was my only option (since you obviously didn't).
Just to be clear, here's how this went...

a. Poster says he'll give the benefit of the doubt to the staff in recruiting.

b. I replied back that you can't yet give the benefit of the doubt in the Metroplex.

c. You asked "why not"| and whether I was saying "he won't be successful in DFW."

d. I replied that you can read the first section and the answers were there.

* The reason for why you can't is explained in the section (no track record of success in that area among members on the staff and a lackluster set of results from year one in the area).

* The answer to whether I'm saying he won't be success is also in the section by its omission. No, clearly that's not what I was saying and the fact that I didn't say it is the answer to your question as to whether I did.

e You then wrote: "I did. The answer to my question isn't in it."

The Abbott and Costello act began from there.

I can't help that you couldn't answer your own questions with the most basic of reading comprehension. No one else that replied back to the article had an issue with it. Yet, in your attempt to forever be smarter than the teacher, you fell down a staircase of ridiculousness and have never realized your stumble.

Again, that's a you issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: darrenj
Just to be clear, here's how this went...

a. Poster says he'll give the benefit of the doubt to the staff in recruiting.

b. I replied back that you can't yet give the benefit of the doubt in the Metroplex.

c. You asked why not and whether I was saying "he won't be successful in DFW."

d. I replied that you can read the first section and the answers were there.

* The reason why you can't is explained in the section (no track record of success in that area among members on the staff and a lackluster set of results from year one in the area).

* The answer to whether I'm saying he won't be success is also in the section by its omission. No, clearly that's not what I was saying and the fact that I didn't say it is the answer to your question as to whether I did.

e You then wrote: "I did. The answer to my question isn't in it."

The Abbott and Costello began from there.

I can't help that you couldn't answer your own questions with the most basic of reading comprehension. No one else that replied back to the article had an issue with it. Yet, in your attempt to forever be smarter than the teacher, you fell down a staircase of ridiculousness and have never realized your stumble.

giphy.gif

* The answer to whether I'm saying he won't be success is also in the section by its omission.

Wut

No one else that replied back to the article had an issue with it.

That actually validates the question even more.

Yet, in your attempt to forever be smarter than the teacher

Oh, honey. That's adorable.

The bad news for you is, this thread's existence will never allow you the high ground. No matter how much you wiggle, no matter how much you contort, the thread has you dead to rights. You were asked a question. You said that you answered it in your post. You were asked to provide the specific answer in the original post. Then you pivoted positions to "by NOT saying Herman WON'T be successful, I answered your question even though I didn't type it out in words." Granted, you also didn't say Herman WOULD be successful, so judging by your process of assigning ownership to a position by what you DON'T say, that could very well be your conclusion on this, as well.

Wut

That actually validates the question even more.

Oh, honey. That's adorable.

The bad news for you is, this thread's existence will never allow you the high ground. No matter how much you wiggle, no matter how much you contort, the thread has you dead to rights. You were asked a question. You said that you answered it in your post. You were asked to provide the specific answer in the original post. Then you pivoted positions to "by NOT saying Herman WON'T be successful, I answered your question even though I didn't type it out in words." Granted, you also didn't say Herman WOULD be successful, so judging by your process of assigning ownership to a position by what you DON'T say, that could very well be your conclusion on this, as well.
monsters-inc-little-buddy-juvenile-t-shirt-11.jpg

Captain Obvious.

We were also coming off the worst defense in Texas history. I'll bet some who had input to his hire expected him to improve the defense also. It's just a hunch
Yes, only one of those things happened, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT