ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Let's talk about everything... OB... Herman's loss...Shaka...)

One of the worst consequences of the whole damn virus is the fact it cemented the fact Shaka wouldn't get fired. After all the serious ones like lives lost, economic downfall, etc, this one absolutely sucks.

Why wouldn't Tom run small practices if it is done within the experts' guideline? If the experts say 50 people, that means 50 people. If he wants to get 30-40 together, that meets the recommendations. Split the offense and defense. Have one doing physical training in one area with their coaches and have the other doing on field work with their coaches. Tom can bounce back and forth in between. Push the start back to the beginning of April and have at it so long as things are safe concerning the team at that time. If the recs change, you adjust to them. If the recs say don't get 10 people together, follow the recs.
Today, the government asked that social groups of less than 10 people be going at all times.

You're trying too hard at this point if you're trying to still find loopholes.

Today, the government asked that social groups of less than 10 people be going at all times.

You're trying too hard at this point if you're trying to still find loopholes.

There are no loopholes in following the rules. I simply said follow the rules. If the rules were 50 there is nothing wrong with doing 40.

If the number is now changed to 10, clearly it won't work.

There are no loopholes in following the rules. I simply said follow the rules. If the rules were 50 there is nothing wrong with doing 40.

If the number is now changed to 10, clearly it won't work.
The number has changed. That being said, I'm guessing lawyers for the school would have never signed off on trying to skirt the principals of what what is being ask by health officials in the name of technicalities in favor of football.

I really feel bad for all the teams/players that had a real shot at competing for a Natty in their respective sports - including our women's softball team - who will never know if they could have won it all.

Each year is a new team in college athletics, so this is true permanent loss for those young men and women.

Reactions: Cure4BizCancer
I really feel bad for all the teams/players that had a real shot at competing for a Natty in their respective sports - including our women's softball team - who will never know if they could have won it all.

Each year is a new team in college athletics, so this is true permanent loss for those young men and women.
It sucks. No doubt about it.

Looking ahead ...

Once sports resume, we will have to endure an entire sports year cycle of discussion/debate of who the postponements/shutdowns hurt and who it helped in each sport. It will be very speculative and will ultimately get pretty annoying, but it will happen all the same.

I think of this specifically in the context of Shaka for the moment. If the 2020 - 2021 basketball season goes bad for the Horns, there will be endless talk of the only reason Shaka was still the coach is because he couldn't be fired in the midst of the pandemic and the abruptly cancelled season.

Looking ahead ...

Once sports resume, we will have to endure an entire sports year cycle of discussion/debate of who the postponements/shutdowns hurt and who it helped in each sport. It will be very speculative and will ultimately get pretty annoying, but it will happen all the same.

I think of this specifically in the context of Shaka for the moment. If the 2020 - 2021 basketball season goes bad for the Horns, there will be endless talk of the only reason Shaka was still the coach is because he couldn't be fired in the midst of the pandemic and the abruptly cancelled season.
Same with the Texas football team. Zero spring practices and barely an off-season with new coaches.

I can still see her.
Hahaha... my roommate and I cooked some killer steaks on those raggedy grills there. We met several girls like that. Those steaks cooking were like game scent! Brought em right on in! Lol

well I see Kansas was declared #! in mens baskeball poll, they should probably claim it as well and so should the big 12

I needed an hour or so of therapy. Ketch, I appreciate all you do to provide a community. I love ‘em all like family. Which means, we don’t invite a few to gatherings, but still claim them.

I needed an hour or so of therapy. Ketch, I appreciate all you do to provide a community. I love ‘em all like family. Which means, we don’t invite a few to gatherings, but still claim them.
I feel you. I prefer 90 minutes.

I can't believe more people didn't get into the softball championship discussion.

2 points...

UT Football should be using this time for Film Breakdown and online/video discussions around concepts and opponent tendencies. Prepare mentally...

Speaking of pools...my old dorm room at Moore-Hill now overlooks the Gregory pool....man...we missed out!!! We just overlooked a parking lot and dumpsters...

2 points...

UT Football should be using this time for Film Breakdown and online/video discussions around concepts and opponent tendencies. Prepare mentally...

Speaking of pools...my old dorm room at Moore-Hill now overlooks the Gregory pool....man...we missed out!!! We just overlooked a parking lot and dumpsters...
a. I get the sense Herman is with you on the first point.

b. That's unfair.

Fleabag is next level great. Hunters is ok(I’m about 4 deep).

I wouldn't share this with my kids that I enjoyed Fleabag a little too much. One of the best written and produced comedies I have seen in a while... and an easy watch.

ADVERTISEMENT