ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Let's talk about Garrett Wilson ...)

... I have zero confidence in Baker Mayfield succeeding in Cleveland. Wrong player, wrong team, wrong situation. I don't know how any NFL team could draft a Big 12 quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick. In the 20+ year history of the league, Vince Young is still the best pro quarterback that the league has ever produced.

Never thought of it that way, but your a hundred percent correct. Great point!
The only two players that you'd probably argue over VY are Bradford and Tannehill, neither of whom have ever truly been a standout, posted winning records or been to the playoffs.

That team should have played in a Super Bowl.
Agreed, but not with blowing a 41-3 lead at halftime against Buffalo. That loss still stings.

I also remember Andre Ware during his Heisman trophy season when cougar high came to Austin with that offense and at least a two touchdown advantage in the odds. Texas really took it them on that day. One of the best victories ever.

I do not miss the run and shoot yourself in the foot. It's one of my least favorite schemes in football, next to prevent yourself from winning defense.

Agreed, but not with blowing a 41-3 lead at halftime against Buffalo. That loss still stings.

I also remember Andre Ware during his Heisman trophy season when cougar high came to Austin with that offense and at least a two touchdown advantage in the odds. Texas really took it them on that day. One of the best victories ever.

I do not miss the run and shoot yourself in the foot. It's one of my least favorite schemes in football, next to prevent yourself from winning defense.
A Houston/Dallas Super Bowl XXVII would have been epic.

Reactions: AEB1989
DcCuSYYW4AAAwub.jpg

And yet changed the game to pass heavy and it begot the Spread that everyone is now using.

The only two players that you'd probably argue over VY are Bradford and Tannehill, neither of whom have ever truly been a standout, posted winning records or been to the playoffs.
I wouldn’t argue either of those over VY. Neither have made the Pro Bowl. Vince made 2 and was also Offensive ROY. His NFL career wasn’t very long, but he went higher as a player in his first couple of years than any other Big12 QB ever has.

On a side note, maaaaaan, Bradford has made the doe, especially for as unproductive/injured as he’s been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT