ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (My annual Groundhog Day column...)

Yeah I do agree with that.
I felt like it was 2/3 of a great movie, but that part and a few other things kept it from being truly great. I'd rather a movie start off slow and peak at the end than peak in the middle and leave me disappointed in the end.

I think the ending was perfect. The Post ending was good as well. As far as story telling 3 billboards is easily the winner and takes it home.
there's some silly, nonsensical events that made for some questionable story-telling IMO.

Yep. You're best argument against her is she's not gotten over Baylor. Meanwhile mens basketball remains a mediocre product compared to what Smart was hired to be. Even you've written as much.

Or is your bar for Smart lower because he shares your political views?

Yep. You're best argument against her is she's not gotten over Baylor. Meanwhile mens basketball remains a mediocre product compared to what Smart was hired to be. Even you've written as much.

Or is your bar for Smart lower because he shares your political views?
I don't really have an argument against her. I'm not against her. However, she's in year six, the trophy case is empty and things have stagnated in the last two years.

p.s. You can't help yourself, huh? You're one of those I was speaking of a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: dtarver
Texas collapsed when it mattered most last year.

This is where I question Aston. I love what she has done to bring the program back. But when a team with this much talent repeatedly fails to perform in big games across multiple seasons it isn’t all on the players. The coach has to have the team ready, and can’t be too stubborn to make adjustments during the game.

I actually think she has improved season to season. But she still has room to grow.

Minnesota ain't Tom Brady and the Hoodie.

And it took the worst tackle attempt I have ever seen in the NFL for Philly to win the game on a miracle (even worse than Deon's worst, and that's saying a lot) . Won't be any miracles next Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHorn98
And it took the worst tackle attempt I have ever seen in the NFL to win the game on a miracle (even worse than Deon's worst, and that's saying a lot) . Won't be any miracles next Sunday.
Again, the Eagles at home vs. the Eagles away from home are vastly different deals.

Anyone want to take a peak at Foles' numbers pre-NFC Championship game?

Reactions: J Tull
I would say with two years who's offense and last years defense, we win 9 games. So I see what you're doing , but I'd disagree sam has to raise his QB rating x points to get there . To take the program to the next level obviously we would need that.

I would say with two years who's offense and last years defense, we win 9 games. So I see what you're doing , but I'd disagree sam has to raise his QB rating x points to get there . To take the program to the next level obviously we would need that.
I'm slightly confused. Might be time for me to go to bed.

I don't really have an argument against her. I'm not against her. However, she's in year six, the trophy case is empty and things have stagnated in the last two years.

p.s. You can't help yourself, huh? You're one of those I was speaking of a couple of weeks ago.

Stagnated as a consistent winner? Given the mess that UT athletics is you are the only one who even feels the need to mention negatives about that program.

"One of those".... It was a statement about the level he has his program at and a question to you about where you truly stand on him and why.

So what is it you have against her besides she hasn't won a title yet? If all sports were winning like her this would be a much happier place.

lol yeah not the same thing. Did you ever think Eagles would make it to the Super Bowl after Wentz went down? Yeah I didn’t think so.

So you are equating Philly beating a decent Viking team on a freak play in Philly with beating SB Champs with Brady on a neutral field?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

I saw Shape of Water today and I wanted to love it. Pan's Labyrinth is in my personal top 5 of all time.

I don't know what to make of it. Aspects of it were fantastic, namely the acting and visuals. However, call me old fashioned, but I'm the type of fellow who thinks fish should fu*k fish and people should fu*k people.

The interspecies romance was just too distracting for me.

I really liked Shape of Water, great acting by Hawkins and Shannon, but in the end, it's actually just Splash turned into a drama.

Reactions: MauiHorn
This is where I question Aston. I love what she has done to bring the program back. But when a team with this much talent repeatedly fails to perform in big games across multiple seasons it isn’t all on the players. The coach has to have the team ready, and can’t be too stubborn to make adjustments during the game.

I actually think she has improved season to season. But she still has room to grow.

Her bigs can't move and appear out of shape to boot. Not all on her.

BUY or SELL: Tom Herman was wrong mocking Missouri's QB on the sidelines?

(Sell) Only a small group of Texas fans are still thinking about that. It's way over.

---

Is this really still bothering some of you idiots?!?
I wonder if the whiner that asked the question will cop to it. Can't believe you little babies are still upset. It was fantastic and the Missouri QB deserved everything he got.

Last edited:
No, this class does not have a Vince Young in it. But IMO no class in UT's history has had a VY in it (even including Earl's class). In fact, IMO in the history of college football, only 2, or maybe 1, or maybe even 0 classes have had a VY in it.

Texas just played Alabama for a National Championship 7 or 8 years ago so they aren't the distant past.

Ketch, Patriots by 10 in the Super Bowl? Hope you're not betting that number. If you get the Eagles and 7 points, take it. The Patriots never win (or lose) by more than a TD under Belichek and Brady.

I did watch the Pro Bowl. Sat down on the couch, flipped the channel to ESPN. Saw three plays where there was some sort of hug tackle, and fell asleep for a nap until the game was over.

Izzo is having one of those moments in life, a moment of regret that he got caught, not regret for not doing the right thing, maybe it's that, but I doubt it.

Ketch is dead on about the QB situation. UT Wiz, just be objective and STFU about Sam being all that. You look at OU’s dominance of the Big 12 and it has boiled down to two basic things, Bob Stoops and QB play. I suspect with Lincoln Riley at the helm, they will continue having good QB play.

So you are equating Philly beating a decent Viking team on a freak play in Philly with beating SB Champs with Brady on a neutral field?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Huh we crushed the Vikings. I think you’re thinking of the Saints. No I’m saying everyone who has said Philly would lose was wrong and that Ketch with his heavy bias against them most likely did the same.

3 Billboards doesn't stick the ending.

I liked the leave it to your imagination ending, but did not like how the suspect was just out of the country. Too easy a lame aspect of the movie.
Sam Rockwell was incredible and Frances McDormand is always great. She is just as good an actress as anyone.

I think the ending was perfect. The Post ending was good as well. As far as story telling 3 billboards is easily the winner and takes it home.

Too many on this thread have not seen Phantom Thread. Great movie. Wont win but DDL is fantastic. Very different than any role he has played before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT