ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (No clutching your pearls, Nick)

I've got Alabama with 89 players on scholarship at the moment (minus transfer departures and with transfer additions) .

Texas is sitting at 88.

There are no signs that any former scholarship players have been stashed away in some unseemly fashion.

Both have 8 weeks to get to 85.

I'm going to use this as a deeper content piece doing a side by side comparison of the two programs.

But, this is the data. I will double and triple check it in an effort to make sure the numbers are consistent, but there's zero proof that what you suggested through sources is taking place... yet.

Took less than an hour.

You can use this tool to help look everything up.

The scholarship board has 4 of 5 incoming transfers listed, but does not have UAB transfer Jaylen Key listed.

It has three players listed on the scholarship board that are no longer in the program: OL George, OL Bowels and LB Kennedy.
How can you prove they are paying for school with a scholarship? Because a writer "thinks" they're on scholarship? We'd need to see something more official from Alabama (public records request), and that research will take more than an hour ;)

How can you prove they are paying for school with a scholarship? Because a writer "thinks" they're on scholarship? We'd need to see something more official from Alabama (public records request), and that research will take more than an hour ;)

I think at some point YOU need to prove your own wild allegation.

You're indicating you won't accept my work, no matter how much is done.

I think at some point YOU need to prove your own wild allegation.

You're indicating you won't accept my work, no matter how much is done.
If something is being done under the table, why look on top of the table?

The deep research needed for this (public records requests) can't really begin until the start of the fall semester after tuition is paid.

If something is being done under the table, why look on top of the table?

The deep research needed for this (public records requests) can't really begin until the start of the fall semester after tuition is paid.

Your allegations include no specifics and examples. On paper, they are essentially in the same position going into 2023 as Texas. Did this happen in 2022? 2021? All years?

You haven't even outlined anything with regards to specific examples.

For instance, what specific season are you citing? When has this happened?

Kids don’t like seeing their parents fight.
Stop Fighting GIF by The Roku Channel

Your allegations include no specifics and examples. On paper, they are essentially in the same position going into 2023 as Texas. Did this happen in 2022? 2021? All years?

You haven't even outlined anything with regards to specific examples.

For instance, what specific season are you citing? When has this happened?
I'll do a public records request later this year. To be continued ...

As of today, i officially have Texas at the 85-man schlorarship limit....NO????

You still haven't outlined exactly what the allegation is and when.

TBA or not.
I did outline it, we made a bet, and you did some quick research based on information that can't be verified as fact. I offered to do a public records search later this year to have facts. Pretty simple.

ADVERTISEMENT