ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Now is the time for Tom Herman to be a star ...)

I disagree that the French are trying to police serena's or women's bodies. Women are afforded way more room in their outfits in sports than men are. Way more. In golf, tennis or whatever. You have standards or you don't. It's not political. It's not policing women's bodies. Its wardrobe standards. Male golfers can't even wear shorts for crying out loud. Are we policing men's bodies? Where are the feminists for equality in that argument?

That Martin performance is probably the best running back performance I've seen against Texas,including Salaam in 1994.
I just remember that he ran for 250+ yards and that Texas won 30-28.

What is your suggestion, or prediction, if the offense doesn't produce?

My first step is making Orlando one of the highest paid coordinators in the country so he doesn't leave (assuming the defense is good again).

Last edited:
Reactions: bozans
Please don't ban me for asking, Ketch, but does the "Don't be rude for sport or disrespectful for personal grins." rule apply to you???

Given the backlash that has occurred over the weekend, I'd bet money that the French Open changes its tune about the recent attempt to police and control Serena Williams' attire.
I’m curious...do you have the same thoughts about men’s sports when it comes to golf attire, socks/shoes in the NFL, etc. Or is this just a stance you have about women?

Then you don't remember. Ricky's first carry went for a 2-yd loss. ;)
I could've sworn he broke a long run (not TD) very early. Many years, beers, and well...other stuff ago. ;)

Given the respective rosters and what’s going on at Maryland, Texas should smoke the Terps this weekend. If we lose, then “Is Tom Herman the right guy” instantly becomes a legitimate question.
No doubt. We could have kept Charlie to get beat by Big 10 bottom feeders in back to back years.

Reactions: MikeCorleone
I disagree that the French are trying to police serena's or women's bodies. Women are afforded way more room in their outfits in sports than men are. Way more. In golf, tennis or whatever. You have standards or you don't. It's not political. It's not policing women's bodies. Its wardrobe standards. Male golfers can't even wear shorts for crying out loud. Are we policing men's bodies? Where are the feminists for equality in that argument?
what exactly is the issue with the wardrobe?

What is your suggestion, or prediction, if the offense doesn't produce?

My first step is making Orlando one of the highest paid coordinators in the country so he doesn't leave (assuming the defense is good again).
Not producing isn't an option. It has to produce.

I remember it was on ESPN 2 - when ESPN 2 was still relatively new and not readily available, and I couldn't watch the 1995 opener vs. Hawaii because of it. :mad:
Herbie was the sideline reporter.

what exactly is the issue with the wardrobe?

I'm not French and I don't watch tennis. But the lpga came down harder on paige spiranac and made wholesale changes to their rules because of where female golfers were going with their outfits. Were we equally as outraged by their ruling?

I’m curious...do you have the same thoughts about men’s sports when it comes to golf attire, socks/shoes in the NFL, etc. Or is this just a stance you have about women?
I tend to not care what folks wear. I think the NFL is the worst for its policing and fining over uniform issues.

Weird question.

I'm not French and I don't watch tennis. Inother words Im noBut the lpga came down harder on paige spiranac and made wholesale changes to their rules because of where female golfers were going with their outfits. Were we equally as outraged by their ruling?
Let me ask the question again. What is the issue with the uniform. She's certainly not the only person to have won bodysuits. Why is hers specifically an issue?

She's also the greatest player in the history of her sport and is getting hit with trivial little swipes like this.

2. 2016 vs. Notre Dame (Texas wins 50-47)

The greatest moment of the Charlie Strong-era.
I’d have thought the Oklahoma win was his greatest moment, but both were as good as it got.

Then again, I don’t recall being given the permission to “dream big” after the Oklahoma win.

If our punter gets to punt one more time in the regular season finale against Texas Tech, he pins them inside the 5 and we beat Tech. Ughhhh that sequence was ugly. Please no more.

I’d have thought the Oklahoma win was his greatest moment, but both were as good as it got.

Then again, I don’t recall being given the permission to “dream big” after the Oklahoma win.
The perception nation-wide after that game was that Texas was back.

Reactions: rgvhorn 89
I believe this has been the best predictions by your staff in a long time. I truly believe most of us are just keeping it real. Tom Herman needs to proved he can be a winner here before he starts walking on the burnt orange water.

Can we get golf to ban the stupid Nike collar so we don’t see those in Texas orange anymore?

Let me ask the question again. What is the issue with the uniform. She's certainly not the only person to have won bodysuits. Why is hers specifically an issue?

She's also the greatest player in the history of her sport and is getting hit with trivial little swipes like this.

My answer is I don't know because I don't watch women's tennis. Maybe they should have clarified more. My disagreement comes when we start saying a governing body is trying to police women's bodies because women are afforded way more freedoms than men in sport when it comes to attire. If we want to be outraged by this we should be more outraged by the more restrictive rules for men.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT