Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (On Bru McCoy, Mount Vernon ISD and more ...)

Ahem. This is the shit you enablers have enabled. Lifting up and supporting a president that has no problems supporting a goddamn abuser of women.

You're complicit at this point in your support.

I hated the Roy Moore pick......but can you prove he did anything...…...funny thing is your side says every Republican is guilty of Sexual Assault. Just wait for the next scotus or next Republican to run for President......your side will come up with some more fake bullshit.

I hated the Roy Moore pick......but can you prove he did anything...…...funny thing is your side says every Republican is guilty of Sexual Assault. Just wait for the next scotus or next Republican to run for President......your side will come up with some more fake bullshit.
Ketch’s side of the aisle wants to eliminate due-process, and wants everyone to be “guilty until proven innocent”...

... unless it’s a democrat of course, then they can still be innocent until proven guilty.

Yup, and not insult 60mm people and probably 70-80% of his subscriber base. Just doesn't seem like a smart business move.

Whenever did a Billary supporter care about smart business moves ... He could lose 20% of his base, fire one of his team, and still have an opportunity buy a wrecked Benz !!! The dictatorship they fear from 45 is the one we just concluded with 44 ... "We have to pass this bill to find out what is it" ... "You can keep your Dr. , your plan, and there will be no such thing as a prexisting condition" !!! "How much wealth is enough"???

Speaking of enablers....

harvey-weinstein-obama.jpg

171009105637-harvey-weinstein-hillary-clinton-2012-exlarge-169.jpg

Ahem. This is the shit you enablers have enabled. Lifting up and supporting a president that has no problems supporting a goddamn abuser of women.

You run this site. Yet you try to start fights with and denigrate people that are not woke (I despise that word) enough for you. Maybe you should conduct a poll on why we come here and what is driving us away. I frankly have developed an intense dislike for you, which affects my ability to enjoy coming here. This is not because of your politics but because you are an a-hole who uses your pulpit to beat me over the head with them. I respect your right to hold opinions for what are probably complex and nuanced reasons. You might want to try a little humility and apply some of the same compassion for others. (Hey, go nuts on Briles on your own time. No love lost here. But tone it all down here and check yourself a bit at the door so to speak).

I come here to read about Longhorn sports with a side of humor, human interest, food, music and culture, and the occasional sand truck, Cheeto/ginger, bizarro E Texas murder mystery-family love triangle. The only thing I care less about than your or anyone’s politics on this site is bro jobs ( and the Wachovia bro down thread).

Sports and Longhorn sports is supposed to be something that we can come together on and leave everything else at the door.

I understand that sports can be a platform for social issues (Jackie Robinson, Tex Winter’s TX Western victory over Adolph Rupp’s Kentucky team), but let that develop organically.

We are your customer base. Your responsibility is to deliver us a service not lecture and insult us. Keep it up and you will lose this site. If I were your boss, I would have summarily fired you a long time ago for your disrespectful treatment of otherwise peaceful members.

Maybe you should get back to work on the core mission of the site, which frankly ain’t doing so hot. When is the last time I saw a real scoop here? Seriously when? (Anwar did break that Herman et al are headed to Cali, but you whiffed on the real Bru scoop and are playing catch up.). Aside from McComas on baseball and Alex breaking down the granular aspects of football - those two are amazing on substance, what increases my understanding of the sports? Anwar writes thoughtfully and Suchomel holds it all together from what I can tell. The whole staff, other than you for the past few years, seem like good people I would like to sit down and drink a beer with. They are the glue that keep us here. I can only imagine how they must cringe at times. You are single handedly alienating people.

My advice is that some introspection is in order. Maybe a sabbatical. Bluntly, your behavior is not normal. (I am very sorry about your father, but that is too much when I come her for Longhorn stuff. And the part about the date hyperventilating during a make out session? Please keep that to yourself. That is not normal to share. ). And your somewhat resentful take about the Bru situation interrupting your cookout is telling. Stuff happens in all of our jobs. When you lose the desire for the adrenaline that comes with the inevitable crises at the worst times that people depend on us for, then it may be time to take a step back.

Maybe you are burnt out or want to turn your interests elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that. I have been at my career for almost 30 years and have little patience for the parts I am tired of or bore me after all these years. I have to be constantly aware not to let that show in my demeanor or service level. And I am consciously developing away from those things to try to stay fresh. But if your true interest lies in political activism, I do think you need to move away from a Longhorn sports site. Or find a way to separate the two.

Think about it and take it easy and dial the rest back. (BTW, I see by your posts this morning that you are just throwing more weird, insulting(?) flames on the fire.)

Peace and Hook em

Last edited:

You do not know the first thing about me or a gigantic portion of the members here.

Does that stop you from the moral crusade of holding others accountable for things you do not like in the world? OBVIOUSLY NOT!

Stop your moral superiority bit. I am not complicit in a damned thing.

People are responsible for their actions.

I am not responsible for the sexual misconduct of a Conservative anymore than you are complicit in Bill Clinton's sexual assaults.

As much as it upsets you, it is ignorant to try and force moral culpability on a complete stranger.

If you cannot realize this fact. You are easily dumber than I originally thought. Which is kind of sad, in all honesty.

lol... it's always about the Clintons.

You'll excuse any behavior in the name of the Clinton family.

Some of you are guided by things other than honor and principles.

Just out of curiosity, if you watch a movie starring someone or made by someone who's committed sexual abuse, if you follow a sports team that has members of the team who've committed sexual abuse, you listen to the music of someone who've committed sexual abuse, or you have voted for someone that has committed sexual abuse, do you consider that person an enabler?

1) No group of voters has ever been more obsessed with an American politician than the Left is with Trump. It’s always about Trump.

2) You’re doing exactly what you’re accusing conservatives of doing. “You’ll excuse any behavior in the name of the Trump family.”

3) You only responded to about 5% of what people have been talking about.

Actually it is also about Ted K., LBJ, Nixon, Schumer & Tip Oneil ... Bill's largest problem is he stayed married to a woman who loves him not ... He made a deal with her in 1998 to not divorce him due to the damage he did to HRC with an intern. Stay married and I will not be convicted in the US Senate as a result of the presseure that my women followers will place into the proceedings ...

For that, I will support you until my dying day for the top political job in the nation ...

The rest is history!!!

Also, what happened to Trump's accusers after he was elected? Don't hear from them anymore. Mysterious.

What happened to Kavanaugh's gang rape accusers after he was confirmed? Don't hear from them anymore. Mysterious.

Does the left really care about women, or just using women as pawns to ruin people's careers they don't like?

Also, what happened to Trump's accusers after he was elected? Don't hear from them anymore. Mysterious.

What happened to Kavanaugh's gang rape accusers after he was confirmed? Don't hear from them anymore. Mysterious.

Does the left really care about women, or just using women as pawns to ruin people's careers they don't like?

Jesus Palomino, I forgot about anti captialist pro death morons in the Senate !!!

You’re so dense. Good grief. It doesn’t have to do with party affiliation. Or this or that individual person. The fact is that candidate A and candidate B were abusers of women. Both with histories of it before voting day. However, voting for candidate A is perfectly ok and voting for candidate B makes you an enabler and complicit to everything they will ever do and has ever done before in your mind. That’s hypocritical, and the point trying to be made. Nothing else. But here you are, continuing to come back and put everyone down while not responding to anyone in particular. It’s just weird to me that this is the fight that you continue to come back for. Not Briles. Not McCulloch. And that speaks volumes about your intent and why you should leave politics off the board. It’s your damn rule. This has completely taken away from the point throughout the thread and your article could had stood on its own without it. You knew this shit show was coming and you’re using it as a platform to insult people. Questioning the honor and values of people who you know nothing about, who are also agreeing with just about everything you’re saying, just because they won’t crusade the way you want to crusade. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Well you are throwing stones at us specifically for voting for Trump. I don't see how looking at the only other real choice isn't relevant.

Growing up in Corpus Christi and going off to school in Austin as an 18 year old was tough enough and i found myself homesick often. I cannot even imagine what Bru may be going through and I myself do not judge him if he wants to go back closer to home.
Funny, I too grew up in Corpus Christi and headed off to Austin as an 18 year old, but never once got homesick and never came back except to visit ...stayed and worked in Austin during the summers. Funnier, I accidentally ended up back in CC after graduating (against my wishes at the time) and have been a lifelong resident! Having wasted everyone’s time with that, I hope Bru comes back but understand everyone is different and to each his own!

Pretty good job on the Top 10, Ketch! Never going to get a consensus but I can’t argue against any of your ten belonging on the list. My personal list would include The Gambler by Kenny Rogers and Garth Brooks The Dance. Picking just ten is tough at my age since I’ve seen them all starting in the 70’s...can add a few “honorable mentions “: Pancho and Lefty, Sunday Morning Coming Down, For the Good Times, Stranger in My House, Good Hearted Woman.....

You are either the densest, most self-righteous, self-absorbed person alive or this is a grade A troll post.

actually, I do. You're telling me... and I believe you.

No, that is called confirmation bias. You assumed the majority who support anything you do not are "deplorable".

Because they disagree with you, it is now "confirmed".

Keep going overboard and trying to micromanage the narrative around here to the detriment of your subscribers.....and you will still be a fat miserable SJW.

You just will not have a subscriber base to blame for it anymore.

Reactions: AusTXHorn
You are either the densest, most self-righteous, self-absorbed person alive or this is a grade A troll post.

The funny thing is that he won’t respond until tomorrow morning when he thinks this dies off. Then he’ll do so with some brash generalization again caping(I can use buzz words too) for his own hypocrisy or a gif, put down, or a holier than thou statement. In that order. He makes shit posts like this morning to rile people up and not address it when people calls him out for bs statements. King Ketch can do no wrong. It’s all us heathens that’s poisining the world while he tries to save us from ourselves.

The funny thing is that he won’t respond until tomorrow morning when he thinks this dies off. Then he’ll do so with some brash generalization again caping(I can use buzz words too) for his own hypocrisy or a gif, put down, or a holier than thou statement. In that order. He makes shit posts like this morning to rile people up and not address it when people calls him out for bs statements. King Ketch can do no wrong. It’s all us heathens that’s poisining the world while he tries to save us from ourselves.

What's even more funny is I didn't even vote for Trump. I voted for Gary Johnson because I refused to vote for the the other two. He votes for Hillary, but I'm the supporter of enablers. He's so full of hate he can't even see reality.

Reactions: Krose3425
What's even more funny is I didn't even vote for Trump. I voted for Gary Johnson because I refused to vote for the the other two. He votes for Hillary, but I'm the supporter of enablers. He's so full of hate he can't even see reality.

I’m in the same boat, didn’t vote. His refusal to see anything that might reflect negatively on himself and going scorch the earth on everyone else is more than off-putting.

Nobody can be helped from way up there on your moral high horse.

Anyone who sees things other than you needs to be patted on the head and looked down upon.

King Ketchum, fighting the good fight. While the rest of us heathens just run through life clueless, helpless and wrong.

Damn dude, are we brothers from another mother? ;) Great minds think alike?

What makes it truly awesome, is the absolute disdain he carries for people who have been PAYING supporters of his product for over a decade.

Remember, it is not as important to be technically and semantically correct. What is important is to be morally correct.

It is beyond pathetic when buffoons like Ketch try to stake claim to their "moral high ground" and preach down at the morally bankrupt masses who are complicit in not playing their part in reshaping the world into a moral battlefield.

I believe GK's past is beginning to take hold ... There are many kind of therapy's, Chemo to Massage are examples, maybe it is time for an intervention !!! Any CEO who becomes this insulting to a customer base, who on average, is most loyal to his brand certainly needs something beyond an addtional $10.00 a month ...

Been watching his head swell since Mack's Saturday Night Massacre in 2010 ...

Regardless this is the place to be to accurately learn about 75% of LH Sports!!! Time has taken away the likes of Sherrod, Maysell & Jenkins and with that many of us have watched the interns grow into full fledged journalist!!!
However the man at the top has evolved from a hungry guy to someone who is now well fed financially ...

He very much reminds me of the "Might Favog" Stone God Muppet from the 1976 SNL Show !!!!

-30-

Reactions: AusTXHorn