ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (On schedule vs. Ahead of schedule - does it matter?)

I just wonder what happens with Zeke.

Dallas was proven right with Murray in not giving him a huge second deal. Are they going to give Zeke half the national debt?

Dallas was proven right with Murray in not giving him a huge second deal. Are they going to give Zeke half the national debt?
I’m not sure. He’s a league leader in rushing and accounts for a huge portion of the offense, but it’s not impossible to replace RB production and when I watch him I don’t see a player that warrants a bank breaker. He doesn’t even look as good as Saquan right now, who is on a bad team. I’d rather fix up the OL and try to find a QB (easier said than done).

It was a three way tie for the south between OU, Okie State, and A&M. BCS determined OU in the championship. Aggies didn't like that because they beat OU that year. But they lost to Okie State who lost to OU...
so it was similar to the year of the three way tie with Texas/ou/tech........did we claim a conference title on our stadium? Sure hope not. How can those sheep fkrs be cool with this type of dumbassery?

They are going to p-a-y Dak. No sweetheart, hometown discount.
Not sure of that. Dak is pretty self aware and I can’t imagine he doesn’t know his best chance to be a better QB and to win requires him to have good help around him. He’s going to get paid but taking say 21 vs 28 would pay big dividends for the team but definitely his ability to be successful. Far better QBs than Dak have realized this. Hell the best QB of all time has enabled the Pats to do what they do by not demanding What he could really max out.

Cowherd the other day spent time talking about this and was agreeing As doesn’t think Dak digs his feet in on somehow only wanting the moon and knows he needs pieces around him. He had Michael Irvin on who also thought he and Jerry work things out

I’ve been wondering the same. Zeke is a different situation in a way.

1) he is a better all around player than Murray.

2) unlike you Ketch I think were close real close. Letting go of a top 3 RB in the league is going backward

Is Tyron Smith close to being done? Maybe thats a route we go in the draft in 2 years when Tyrons dead money will be much lower around $5 mil and only $1.75 mil in 2021

Sean Lee has one year left on his deal and counts $10 mil against the cap next year with $3 mil in dead money.

Sean Lee will for sure be off the books in two years and I could see them cutting ties with Tyron to free up some space as well.

Im with the poster above... I think Dak understands he needs help to be successful. Please football gods no Kirk Cousins contract or were done.

Not sure of that. Dak is pretty self aware and I can’t imagine he doesn’t know his best chance to be a better QB and to win requires him to have good help around him.
lol.

His agent is also self-aware that his job is to get the best deal for his client.

Zeke is about to get PAID big time.

giphy.gif

lol.

His agent is also self-aware that his job is to get the best deal for his client.

Sure but the agent works for Dak. He’s going to get paid but it won’t be something crazy stupid that leaves Dallas with little flexibility to keep talent around him. I like dak but he’s worthless without good help

Reactions: txfight
By year three, I think we'll be disappointed if haven't won a Big 12 title. I would hope that by the time we're going into year four, each season is defined by whether we've won the Big 12 championship and earned a spot in the playoff. That's where we want to be. That's who we want to be."

It's highly encouraging to finally hear more hawkish expectations coming from a high-level UT administrator. Here's why Longhorn supporters should always demand championships, and what happens when we don't:
  • Prior to Herman, Mack Brown and Charlie Strong are the only Texas coaches over the past 6 decades who didn't win the conference title by their 4th year.
  • Strong was fired after his 3d year.
  • Mack didn't win his first confence title until his 7th year.
  • DKR, Akers, McWillliams and Mackovic all won at least 1 conference title by their 4th season.
  • DKR and Akers each won 3 conference titles in their first 6 years.

You do realize the cowboys have built a solid roster right?
The defense is either the best defense or right behind the bears.
The offensive line when healthy is one of the best in the NFL. This may be the next item along with TE that’s addressed (Tyron Smith?) What’s Fredricks timeline?
They have a top 3 NFL running back
They knew they were weak at WR and fixed it by adding Cooper
Dak is a JAG
Agree on all points. I finally like the way they are managing the roster. I'm just saying let's not F it up by overpaying a mediocre QB or doing what we did with the Dez Bryant/DeMarco Murray decision. I think you keep having a good OL and Defense by not overpaying for QB.

ADVERTISEMENT