ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Orangbloods is the modern American family ...)

Thanks for your personal sharing as I just recently met my biological father at age 51. It has been tough but we are building a relationship. Sorry to hear your father isn’t interested at the moment but never say never.

Also thank you for building a community that treats real life strangers as family, even if it is dysfunctional at times. When it matters the most the people on this board step up to the plate. This place is what is still right in the world.

Definite tears in thinking about hornsfan65.

Thanks for sharing your story Ketch and though it may be incredibly difficult, purge the absolute piece of shit your father is and use it for fuel to be an infinitely better father than him.

I’m guessing you are team Agassi due to the school he set up in Vegas.
I've always been Team Agassi.

AS for my dad, you can't miss what you've never had. I'm the person I am today because of the dynamics that are involved in my life, including not having him shape any of it.

200w.gif
To my OB brothers and @Ketchum with everything that has been going on.

I was moved by your story. One of the finest young women I’ve ever had the privilege to know has a similar story; that’s the biological father’s loss. He will never know what he’s missed and will miss. She’s doing missionary work with her husband, helping people in dire straits- and you have OB, a great wife, and precious twins. God bless you all, those who passed, and their loved ones.

The coverage was exceptional- y’all have rocked this week. I agree with your cover list, but would include Ebb Tide by the Righteous Brothers, and Johnny Cash’s Hurt #1. Even the 9” Nails agree.

@Ketchum - I'm blown away by your story. Sorry to hear about your father but God bless your mother. All the mods who have been on here since way back when have been nothing but class. It's fitting then that despite being dealt a short hand you have persevered and gone on to become the envy of all other college fan sites. Here's to you and the Orangebloods family.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ketch. This is one big dysfunctional family but damn, everyone really does seem to rally behind each other when they need it most. It’s pretty awesome to see day in and day out.

Also, sorry in advance for how this is going to sound, but **** your biological father. How anybody can treat their own child like that is beyond me. His loss, man. At the risk of going all "It's a Wonderful Life" on you, if you hadn't been born this site as we know it wouldn't exist. All of these dysfunctional puzzle pieces wouldn't be fitting together right now to support, encourage, etc.

Last edited:
I agree. Best piece I have read.

Very sorry you had the experience ketch

My dad was my biggest supporter and fan and passed a few days before the rose bowl.

Hard for me to fathom growing up like you did or having to hear what he told you. You are a much stronger person and better father because of it I bet.

That was a tough read but probably the best thing you’ve ever written.

Reactions: mirvin and bclear1
Its needed a separate post, but kudos to you Ketch for handling your family situation like a real man. You gave it a chance but you do not need to be defined by your birth father. It is truly his loss - not yours. Hopefully this gives you closure.

Thanks for sharing
This X a million.
Great job Geoff. You've built something truly special here.
And much more importantly, you're a good man and you've built a wonderful life for yourself! Thanks for all you do.

Reactions: mirvin and bclear1
I love you, Ketch. You’re a damn good man.

Have to agree here. I admit that some of your takes push my buttons, but for all the nuanced hills you’ve died on (had to work some Ketch lingo in) online and on the air, your actions speak louder than anything.

I’ve been here since 2002 (I think), and it’s rare that anyone agrees around here. For a message board, that’s awesome and how it should be. But when “life” happens, there’s no place I’d rather be than here. I’ve never met any of you yet feel like I’ve known you all forever. Proud to be here.

Ketch, that was an awesome read. After we tried so desperately to communicate with Hornsfan65, it made me realize something. I have actually been around this board under a couple of different accounts for over a decade now. I was a lurker here really in spirit but not really a part of the board.

That changes now my best friends are all gone now as well. I do not have any really close friends left. I never realized how much the members of this board really meant to me until the events where unfolding.

This board is and the members here are my best friend.
I'm sorry I have not interacted more with you all.
I love you all.
God Bless Bryce, Mary and their young son.

ADVERTISEMENT