ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Permission to dream big?)

So you think Herman isn't the guy. Got it.

you haven't had to read too far between the lines the last 6-9 months to know that @Ketchum isn't a huge believer in anything about the current head coach. He's far from alone on that.

Texas scoring in the 30's is ABSOLUTELY reason to start freaking out.

If you think Texas scores in the 30's against UTEP, then you think Texas goes 6-4 or 7-3 AT BEST.
I think it's a team coming off an inconsistent year and playing in it's first game.

I'm thinking 37-45.

Ketch, I get why you are so pessimistic.
Texas fans are like beaten down puppies at this stage.
But, I believe, that COACHING matters.
And I also believe that this year, after a decade, we finally have it.
You’ll see....
9-1 at least!

I hope you are wrong about 7-3. I think injuries and a lack of creativity in scheming around the injuries were the biggest factors in last seasons failures. On both sides of the ball, we didn't have healthy players to run the schemes and the coaches were either unable or unwilling to make adjustments.
This team has very little depth as it currently stands.

Someone is off his meds....

Negative folks never change their stripes.

You can look at the past 10 years and all I see is old Mack and terrible Charlie. I get why you are negative. Charlie was the worst coach in the history of the program. He destroyed a dying program and buried it.

This will be a good year.

If you want to keep on sailing with that ship, then go for it.

That’s a bad title to the thread imho. There are no hopes or dreams present in what you wrote.
I completely agree. 7-3 is a huge failure and Herman should be fired.

Reactions: tyhorn and Cdun
So you think Herman isn't the guy. Got it.

There's no way to predict a 7-3 season and think that Herman just needs a little more help to get him over the hump, even though we have THIS schedule, and a 4 year starter at QB with JRs all over the defense.
There's virtually zero known proof to suggest that this team deserves the benefit of the doubt just because.

There are questions everywhere.

Reactions: rlstep
Well 7-3 should be enough to get Urban here. Then, they will not be reshuffling the chairs on the Titanic anymore. You immediately have everyone’s attention.

Reactions: TheEyesAreUponYou
There's virtually zero known proof to suggest that this team deserves the benefit of the doubt just because.

Do you follow this team? Do you know anything about football? Seriously.

But you are sure Brennan Eagles is going to be drafted by an NFL team in the spring?
Yes. But not nearly as high in the draft as he should if he doesn't get his shit together.

Nothing about his current profile screams "returning for his senior season".

@Ketchum - Who are the 3 losses? Ok State , maybe, maybe OU ( doubt it without something close to 6-7 starters out ) so who is the other possible one?
9-1 is the low.
I think you're overestimating an unworthy of your benefit of the doubt Texas and underestimating a conference full of teams that have proven it can hang or beat Texas.

Staying healthy enough to start and finish the 10 games and average 4 1/2 TDs per? With the questions on the OL and the uncertainty of how Covid will impact the line up and schedule I would take almost any bet I could make against us scoring 45 passing TDs. I think the offense will be good but if we pass for 4.5 TDs per game the RB recruiting will likely dry up IMO. In my experience, that would mean the running game is pretty ineffective or we were behind in a lot of games or both.
The math just doesn't make sense and that is not a poor reflection on Sam.

Reactions: Mike.Tip
This is Tom Herman's fourth year...
And it’s not complete so let’s not put him in the grave just yet. That’s all I’m saying.[/QUOTE]
I'm certainly not putting him in his grave. You're inventing things that don't exist in the name of somehow calling me overly negative.

Clearly @Ketchum isnt aware how badly UTEP sucks. I’ll bet you on that 7-3 weak ass prediction. Free membership for a year if I win and I add a second membership (pay double) if I lose.

I'm not disagreeing there. I'm just saying if you believe this to be true, how can you also believe Herman is right for the job?

4th year QB
Easiest schedule Texas has seen in over a decade
Upperclassmen all over the defense.

If Herman can't win now, what makes anyone think he could ever win?

Reactions: rtex63
what is your view that's different?

i thought yacht as in boats.
what is your view that's different?

well, at first I thought it was songs related to yachts, boats, sailing and I worked on a sail boat way back when and that Styx Song was my favorite song when we raced on Friday evenings.
But then I took a closer look at your list and I think Styx are more progressive rock than yacht rock like Toto and the others. Looked up the definition* for yacht rock and while Styx fits the years, I still don’t think it quite fits the genre.
But I stand by it being top ten songs about sailing / boats / yachts.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*definition: Also known as the West Coast Sound or adult-oriented rock, it's a style of soft rock from between the late 1970s and early 1980s that featured elements of smooth soul, smooth jazz, R&B, funk, rock and disco.

Texas scoring in the 30's is ABSOLUTELY reason to start freaking out.

If you think Texas scores in the 30's against UTEP, then you think Texas goes 6-4 or 7-3 AT BEST.
Ya that’s a horrible prediction I’ll take the over all day after watching UTEP play SFA

We also haven't had a 4th year starting QB, with pre-season award hype, and a schedule this incredibly easy.

Nothing close.
what makes this schedule easy in your mind?

Texas lost four conference games last season.

ADVERTISEMENT