ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Players I'd stand on a small mound of dirt for...)

I mean - you could be right.
I am right. There's no point I made that can be disputed as not factual. It's a weird situation where a Texas player isn't beeing hyped by his own fans.

I'm confused by these posts. He made numerous highlight reel plays a year ago as a sophomore, while posting historically above average numbers to go along with his position, and some of you act like his coach hasn't gone out of his way to throw a lavish amount of praise on his talent/ability.

I hope Eagles is everything you want him to be this year, but Collin Johnson's soph year numbers were largely better than what Eagles put up. He was a borderline strong weapon through the Oklahoma state game.
Through game 4, Eagles had 10 catches for 276 yards, 27.6 ypc and 4 TDs....games 5-13, he had 22 catches for 246 yards, an 11.2 ypc average, and 2 TDs....so which Eagles do we get? Collin's sophomore year was more productive and consistent through out, even if the the ypc and TDs were not "Wow" type numbers. I wouldn't say that I am higher on Eagles coming out of his sophomore campaign than I was CJ coming out of his. I certainly am not counting on Eagles to double his output, although I would love it if he did. I do think Whittington and Smith are going to put up some monster numbers, and while I see Eagles being very productive, I am not sure I see monster out of him. If he is focused for 4 quarters he could be a beast.

We saw that guy in one game. LSU.

Reactions: KoolMoD
You’re willingness to make that statement prior to Card throwing a single college pass is bold.
I once said that Drew Brees would be a Heisman finalist before he ever played a down at Purdue.

Michael Jackson was one of the greatest musician/entertainer talents of all time, but "cool dudes" do not do to their bodies what Michael did to his through cosmetic surgery. And then of course, there is Neverland, the questionable relationship with kids and let's not forget Bubbles the Chimp.

Cool dude needs to be more of a lifetime achievement award and Michael just couldn't keep it together throughout his life to earn that award, despite moments in the Sun like when Thriller came out in '82.
You can make a case that no one in the last 40 years was ever as cool as MJ when he did the moonwalk for the first time.

I hope Eagles is everything you want him to be this year, but Collin Johnson's soph year numbers were largely better than what Eagles put up. He was a borderline strong weapon through the Oklahoma state game.
Through game 4, Eagles had 10 catches for 276 yards, 27.6 ypc and 4 TDs....games 5-13, he had 22 catches for 246 yards, an 11.2 ypc average, and 2 TDs....so which Eagles do we get? Collin's sophomore year was more productive and consistent through out, even if the the ypc and TDs were not "Wow" type numbers. I wouldn't say that I am higher on Eagles coming out of his sophomore campaign than I was CJ coming out of his. I certainly am not counting on Eagles to double his output, although I would love it if he did. I do think Whittington and Smith are going to put up some monster numbers, and while I see Eagles being very productive, I am not sure I see monster out of him. If he is focused for 4 quarters he could be a beast.

Again, he represents 61+% of the returning passing game yardage, so whatever you think of him... he's light years ahead of the other receivers on the roster.
We saw that guy in one game. LSU.
Collin Johnson doesn't have plus NFL athletic tools. Eagles does.

Sterns' '18 to '19 digression is the "poster child" for Orlando firing and CTH messaging about needing to improve player development as being a main reason for staff changes.

Sterns' '18 to '19 digression is the "poster child" for Orlando firing and CTH messaging about needing to improve player development as being a main reason for staff changes.
It took 218 replies for anyone to mention that section. Consider me surprised. The entire thread has people questioning Eagles and yet not one post questioning a player that literally did very little of consequence for the duration of the 2019 season.

Reactions: slothrop
You can make a case that no one in the last 40 years was ever as cool as MJ when he did the moonwalk for the first time.

I don't have a lot of dance moves, but for some reason I was a natural when it came to moonwalking. So I perfected my moonwalking and broke it out at some weddings back in the day. I'm pretty sure that helped me progress my case with the ladies in a couple of cases if you follow my drift. So, I guess I need to give Michael credit for that.

Reactions: DrothmanII
Collin Johnson doesn't have plus NFL athletic tools. Eagles does.
Well, those plus athletic skills produced 1-100 yard plus games last season, and only 4 of more than 70 yards...his best 4 games, he averaged 87.25 yards per game. In the other 8 games, he averaged 21.6 yards per game.....not exactly, lottery draft pick status. He produced the following game logs for us:
3 catches- 59.0 yards, 2 TDs- La. Tech
1 catch - 28.0 yards, 0 TDs-Rice
1 catch - 3.0 yards, 0 TDs-WVU
2 catches - 12.0 yards, 0 TDs-OU
2 catches- 21.0 yards, 0 TDs-KSU
2 catches- 26.0 yards, 0 TDs-BAY
3 catches- 20.0 yards, 0 TDs- TT
2 catches- 4.0 yards, 0 TDs-Utah-Bowl game.

In 9 games last season, Eagles had 3 or fewer catches. In 7 games last season, Eagles had fewer than 30 yards receiving. In 3 games last season, he had fewer than 15 yards receiving. I will believe those plus NFL athletic skills when they show up, consistently, on the field.

I would love for you to be right.

Bijan Robinson looks like the program changer for the Longhorns that we don't hear enough on. Does he have a chance to have significant playing time this year if we have a season?

It took 218 replies for anyone to mention that section. Consider me surprised. The entire thread has people questioning Eagles and yet not one post questioning a player that literally did very little of consequence for the duration of the 2019 season.
I think part of that is Sterns missing 4 games due to injury, and being limited in others due to injury. He actually only had 3 fewer tackles in '19 thsn in '18, despite logging 4 fewer games of action. But there is no doubt there was regression, overall, as a difference-maker. As in, he wasn't one in 2019, and he was in 2018.

Well, those plus athletic skills produced 1-100 yard plus games last season, and only 4 of more than 70 yards...his best 4 games, he averaged 87.25 yards per game. In the other 8 games, he averaged 21.6 yards per game.....not exactly, lottery draft pick status. He produced the following game logs for us:
3 catches- 59.0 yards, 2 TDs- La. Tech
1 catch - 28.0 yards, 0 TDs-Rice
1 catch - 3.0 yards, 0 TDs-WVU
2 catches - 12.0 yards, 0 TDs-OU
2 catches- 21.0 yards, 0 TDs-KSU
2 catches- 26.0 yards, 0 TDs-BAY
3 catches- 20.0 yards, 0 TDs- TT
2 catches- 4.0 yards, 0 TDs-Utah-Bowl game.

In 9 games last season, Eagles had 3 or fewer catches. In 7 games last season, Eagles had fewer than 30 yards receiving. In 3 games last season, he had fewer than 15 yards receiving. I will believe those plus NFL athletic skills when they show up, consistently, on the field.

I would love for you to be right.
Sometimes it has to be about what a guy does do and not about what he didn't.

Bijan Robinson looks like the program changer for the Longhorns that we don't hear enough on. Does he have a chance to have significant playing time this year if we have a season?
Oh, God, yes.

I think part of that is Sterns missing 4 games due to injury, and being limited in others due to injury. He actually only had 3 fewer tackles in '19 thsn in '18, despite logging 4 fewer games of action. But there is no doubt there was regression, overall, as a difference-maker. As in, he wasn't one in 2019, and he was in 2018.
He really hasn't been since the middle of the 2018 season.

His first six games were as good as any freshman defensive back has ever put together at Texas IMO. Where has that dude gone?

Reactions: HuffTex
If Prince isn't cool, then Tom Petty can't be cool. Or Steve Winwood. Or Jeff Lynne.

I am right. There's no point I made that can be disputed as not factual. It's a weird situation where a Texas player isn't beeing hyped by his own fans.

Good grief, take it down a notch. Lol

You act like you’re defending Roy or Shipley.

I said Eagles is talented, but I also feel his mechanics are sloppy. He needs to improve in getting into and out of his routes. The talent is there but so far, to me - he resembles more of Malcolm Williams than Roy Williams.

Good grief, take it down a notch. Lol

You act like you’re defending Roy or Shipley.
No, I'm just saying that the position I'm taking is completely based on facts.

* He does represent 61-percent of the returning receiving game.
* He did have one of the best sophomore seasons in school history at his position.
* His head coach goes lavish praise on him.

I'm confused by these posts. He made numerous highlight reel plays a year ago as a sophomore, while posting historically above average numbers to go along with his position, and some of you act like his coach hasn't gone out of his way to throw a lavish amount of praise on his talent/ability.
I don't get our fans either. I'm not sure if it's just battered fan syndrome or if it's a case of always being hardest on those you care about, but we tend to disparage or downplay our players a lot around here.

Reactions: boernefan
Sometimes it has to be about what a guy does do and not about what he didn't.

Those were ALL about what he did do and what he didn't do. He did only catch 2 balls for 12.0 yards in the RRS. He did only catch 1 ball for 3.0 yards vs WVU. He did only catch 2 balls for 4.0 yards in the bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT