ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Pooooooor Aggies)

DJ Campbell, Evan Stewart, Jeremy Patton and Derrick Brown are 4 off the top of my head.

I didn't like the special teams offers.
I don't know that two spots will kill us but they definitely didn't help.

A couple things…

1. Hans Gruber should be #2
2. Hannibal Lecter was not the main villain of Silence of the Lambs, and should not be eligible. He was helping the protagonist until he escaped and became sort of a peripheral, secondary villain. I agree he was a great character, but he wasn’t driving the story with his bad deeds.

Reactions: lawyerlarry
A couple things…

1. Hans Gruber should be #2
2. Hannibal Lecter was not the main villain of Silence of the Lambs, and should not be eligible. He was helping the protagonist until he escaped and became sort of a peripheral, secondary villain. I agree he was a great character, but he wasn’t driving the story with his bad deeds.
a. I won't fight you on that.

b. He ate a police officer's face. I feel you, but he's a villain. ;)

On Monday at noon, we'll be announcing three new members of the Orangebloods staff.
i'm ready, just 30 minutes to go

9e8d6934125acef927cbb4780c4cd0ac.gif

Goddamn politics still has me a tad nervous
As that is my niche, let me assuage you of those fears my drunk brother. There is neither the time, will, nor the power base to get anything done on that front. And the Governor, up for re-election and facing a primary, is on our side. He is not going to want to piss off his natural constituency when he has 2 guys shooting for the loons.

Do you think any of these NIL deals will have clauses in them that reduce payments if players sit out games?

a. I won't fight you on that.

b. He ate a police officer's face. I feel you, but he's a villain. ;)

damn, MM is a pissed off he didn't make your movie villain list...

Unj.gif

oh, and a personal favorite of mine from a dark dreary movie that not near enough people have seen...Out of the Furnace

tumblr_mvk2shBWg81svwbg3o1_500.gif

Good work as usual.

I think you may be missing my point or I may not be explaining my point well. If I stated that it won't help recruiting then I misspoke - it will. The point that I was trying to make is that you still have to recruit better than your competition to win - and the competition just got exponentially harder. So, while we may recruit better, we have to recruit better than schools that have owned spots of the top 7 recruiting classes over the last few years because now we have to actually play these teams.

1) It doesn't create an advantage vis a vis OU. They just gained the same advantage.
2) It may tip the scales vs. OSU, Alabama, LSU (our out of state competition for blues) - but only if we are winning.
3) If A&M wins and we don't, it doesn't help that much (see 1985 thru 1998)

So, we could actually recruit better but not see a significant bump in W-L. In a zero sum game, we would have to start smoking both OU and A&M in recruiting while keeping Bama, OSU, LSU out of the state by actually winning those battles also. It will be hard to smoke those schools unless we start beating these schools on the field. Thats where a guy like Mack Brown (or Jimbo Fisher if we are being fair) is needed. You have to close great recruits based on a vision versus actual results. Is Sark that guy? We will see soon enough.
Very astute observation

damn, MM is a pissed off he didn't make your movie villain list...

Unj.gif

oh, and a personal favorite of mine from a dark dreary movie that not near enough people have seen...Out of the Furnace

tumblr_mvk2shBWg81svwbg3o1_500.gif

Good work as usual.

Oh come on. That character can't be top 10, no matter how solid that movie was/is. ;)

Reactions: DKinnamon
(Sell) It'll be gone and no one is blinking about it from the sound of it.
Regarding the LHN ceasing to exist, do you imagine it disappears into thin air, do you envision some sort of hybrid/SEC Network operations forming in Austin. One thing that comes to mind is the "set" they built into the new SEZ. Does that thing stick around, or did they just come up with another suite to sell?

Regarding the LHN ceasing to exist, do you imagine it disappears into thin air, do you envision some sort of hybrid/SEC Network operations forming in Austin. One thing that comes to mind is the "set" they built into the new SEZ. Does that thing stick around, or did they just come up with another suite to sell?
I think ESPN just absorbs it and swallows it whole.

Reactions: DKinnamon
UT has distinct recruiting advantages in the SEC. 1 of 3 AAU schools (top flight academics), and 1 of 2 in an attractive city.

You're telling me the Longhorns will soon have a schedule that features Arkansas, Oklahoma AND Texas A&M, while mixing in annual games against the likes of Alabama, Florida, Georgia and LSU, but never have to worry about figuring out how to get to Ames ever again? The Grove? The Swamp? Between the hedges? Trips to the ATL?
This is the part I have been saying for years. Please give me games I care about every Saturday. Yes they will be challenging but our current schedule is simply boring. 90% of the time we are hoping we don’t lose to a supposedly inferior team…..not the game day atmosphere I want.

Reactions: NawlinsHorn
We need to remember to give Sark some time to recruit before he can compete favorably with the likes of Alabama. When UT had outstanding athletes, there was no problem competing with any team in the nation (Ohio State, USC). The Aggies had difficulty competing with the SEC teams when they first joined the conference. After time, they are now competing very strongly with the best in the conference. To begin with, a 7-4 record might be a great accomplishment. Let our pride of the moment not prevent us from remembering our fellow Big Twelve colleagues as they seek a new path.

Jimmy Jackson

ADVERTISEMENT