ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Revisiting the Boogie Nights theory... when will it end? )

except it's not. Colt's injury started everything just like Little Bill's murder-suicide.
Colt’s injury might as well been to the program as well. Mack was retiring more likely after he beat Saban and handing it to Will. He just never expected he was going to lose that game because he never expected he was going to lose Colt. Shame on him because it happened before.

As for Boogie nights, I can’t draw all of those parallels.

In your analogy this decade of Texas athletics has been caused by Colt's injury, do you think it could have turned out differently if Colt didn't get hurt and we still lost? Or would we have had to have won that game for our fortunes to change
The injury was everything. It became a crutch.

Colt’s injury might as well been to the program as well. Mack was retiring more likely after he beat Saban and handing it to Will. He just never expected he was going to lose that game because he never expected he was going to lose Colt. Shame on him because it happened before.

As for Boogie nights, I can’t draw all of those parallels.
If I wrote all the things I really wanted to write, they'd make sense.:D

I chose not include Sally, but she is very similar to one character, although not literally.

Mack was retiring more likely after he beat Saban and handing it to Will.

I don't really believe that was going to be case. I know what all was done publicly, but clearly Mack's ego is quite large and history shows he needed to be pushed out the door rather than go willingly.

I don't really believe that was going to be case. I know what all was done publicly, but clearly Mack's ego is quite large and history shows he needed to be pushed out the door rather than go willingly.
Truth be told, Mack probably doesn't even know.I do know he had unplugged his cord by then.

If I wrote all the things I really wanted to write, they'd make sense.:D

I chose not include Sally, but she is very similar to one character, although not literally.
Oh lord, LOL I know Sally well. I just can’t see her as a Boogie Nights character. I just have to quit here.

Your speaking on two parallel truths. Mack was pushed out because he never fixed the problem is putting us in that rut. He had a chance to reload the program after 2010 but missed out on so many opportunities. He’s privately said he lost his edge after that game Colt got hurt. He never believed he was going to lose and he was going to turn Texas over to Muschamp much like Stoops did this past year.

ADVERTISEMENT