ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Sark is here to save the day)

Why leave Austin for Houston?
Can you give us your OL and WR class for this year? Anything new at RB?
a. Mostly for family reasons.

b. I think the OL class is somewhat easier to piece together than the WR class at the moment. Something like Banks, Campbell, Hutson, Robertson and a 5th guy.

c. Waiting to see what Gatson does, but that seems to be trending USC after his visit last weekend. If he signs with USC, it might be that Keilan Robinson is the second back in this class in an unofficial way.

I know it's TV, but Gerald McRaney as Barlow Connaly in Longmire - what a douche canoe.

I know your Dad’s list was limited to movies but you should have made special mention of the greatest father ever put on film, Ward Cleaver. My Dad wasn’t great. I learned to be a father watching Leave it to Beaver.

No. 9 - My Top 10 Fathers ...

As someone that didn't have a father growing up, I have to admit that the father characters in movies probably impacted me more than most kids in the 80s and 90s.

It felt like I was partly raised by television and film.

Therefore, a Top 10 list of the best dads in movies seems like the right call this week.

Best Dads

10. Frank Sullivan (Played by Dennis Quaid in Frequency)
9. Harry S. Stamper (Played by Bruce Willis in Armageddon)
8. Chris Gardner (Played by Will Smith in the Pursuit of Happyness)
7. Sam Baldwin (Played by Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle)
6. Clark Griswold (Played by Chevy Chase in Vacation)
5. Noah Levenstein (Played by Eugene Levy in American Pie)
4. Mac MacGuff (Played by J.K. Simmons in Juno)
3. Lincoln Hawk (Played by Sly Stallone in Over The Top)
2. Furious Styles (Played by Laurence Fishburne in Boyz n the Hood)
1. Atticus Finch (played By Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird)

Worst Dads

10. Royal Tenenbaum (Played by Gene Hackman in The Royal Tenenbaums)
9. Joe Dirt's Dad (Played by Fred Ward in Joe Dirt)
8. Noah Cross (Played by John Huston in Chinatown)
7. Colonel Frank Fitts (Played by Chris Cooper in American Beauty)
6. Ed Wilson (Played by Rodney Dangerfield in Natural Born Killers)
5. Peter McCallister (Played by Jon Heard in Home Alone)
4. Daniel Plainview (Played by Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood)
3. Darth Vader (Played by James Earl Jones and David Prowse in Star Wars)
2. Jack Torrance (Played by Jack Nicholson in The Shining)
1. Thanos (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Harrison Ford in Regarding Henry gets honorable mention worst to start and borderline top ten best at the end.

Reactions: rlstep and PaulieD
Photos with luxury cars. What a surprise. OU will be aggressive in the NIL market.

It's still a side with as many questions as answers.
You seem more worried about our players than some of us. He gave up 35 points around 4 times in almost a decade, with overall less talent. Granted not Against the Big12 offenses week in week out but one could argue he has been one of if not the best DCs. I think we have a lot of talent on D just really need one guy that can pin his ears back and create havoc. In the different D we may not need the traditional speed rusher (although we would love to have one). It would be interesting to see what PK had as rushers compared to what we currently have.

The dad is Swiss Family Robinson was a good one. He raised three good boys and built the best tree house in history.

4524794593_0d2c958197_o.jpg

The Alabama QB rating was helped with 2 first round NFL receiver draft picks, first round NFL RB pick and maybe the best offensive line in college football.

Reactions: zambiniman
Some other great dads in film...

Daniel Hillard - played by Robin Williams in “Mrs. Doubtfire”
Gil Buckman - played by Steve Martin in “Parenthood”
Tevye - played by Topol in "Fidler on the Roof"

Reactions: rlstep
The Alabama QB rating was helped with 2 first round NFL receiver draft picks, first round NFL RB pick and maybe the best offensive line in college football.

And they were helped with elite quarterback play. It goes that way. See the 2005 and 2008 Texas teams that had the best quarterbacking in program history.

Some other great dads in film...

Daniel Hillard - played by Robin Williams in “Mrs. Doubtfire”
Gil Buckman - played by Steve Martin in “Parenthood”
Tevye - played by Topol in "Fidler on the Roof"

Was Daniel really that good of a father?

I think the lengths that he went to in order to spend time with his kids was pretty great, although I haven't seen the movie in probably 20 years so maybe I'm not remembering it perfectly.

Look, I love the movie, but we also have to acknowledge that the lengths that he took were way out of line and would cost him, not only custody, but potentially the chance to have any kind of realistic relationships with his kids.

Not to mention, while he's incredibly loving, he...

a. Attempted murder.
b. Lies and plots against his loves ones.
c. Terrorized his smallest child.
d. Lacked responsiobility
e. Violated court orders.

Dude, seriously. Get your kids together, and watch it--it's one of the all time classics.
I don't remember it ever being on when I was younger. I'm familiar with the movie, just don't ever remember seeing it.

ADVERTISEMENT