ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Sark isn't getting enough credit for this...)

I absolutely acknowledge the impact of that movie. However, you mentioned rewatchability playing a key role in the rankings. I actually tried rewatching it recently and it didn’t come close to the spectacle it was the first time I saw it, so that knocks it off the list.
I actually watched it within the last year and I thought it aged well.

P.S. Dicaprio's boston accent was also dog shit but I just don't really care for him as an actor in about 90% of what he's done. I don't see a character, I see a bad actor trying to play a character. But again, to each their own.
giphy.gif

Reactions: MATF and azhorns
I thought both were solid, definitely. It's a tough list to crack.

I think people might freak out of my Legends of the Fall ranking.
I kinda feel like movies where Pitt is a supporting actor and not the main guy are more rewatchable. Like Snatch or the Ocean 11 movies. JMO. Not saying he's a bad actor or anything like that.

@Ketchum my neighborhood in atlanta has recently become home to about 100 Turkey vultures. They sit on top of 1-2 house at a time. We’ve been told the best way to get rid of them (besides shooting them which was my preference) is loud noises - they hate them
Boomer Sooner and the Aggie War Hymn should spook them sufficiently. But a good 12 ga is better.

Reactions: longhornboy
Die Hard not a Christmas movie: Sell - I binged on the series 4 years ago over the Christmas break.

You have officially lost your mind. The Revenant is the best DiCaprio film by a mile, maybe the best movie ever.

Reactions: MATF
I'm really not sure it's our place to tell her how she should identify herself. Some of you sound very judgy.
And your reply is judgy as well which you do as much as anyone on this board from your perputual high horse. Note that i didn't tell her how she should identify herself. I gave my take on her motives which are backed up with facts. She does not speak Japanese, lives and trains in USA, has lived here since three years old, and has an American boy friend who is not of Japanese descent. Those are her choices and I am fine with that but it is my judgment that her choice to be Japanese is contradicted by her other choices. Marketing decisions appear to rule the world and Osaka in no exception. Want to talk about Le Bron, the NBA, and China? Are those topics also judgy and wrong for everyday posters?

My personal list of Leo films that I enjoyed the most (not best performances) and can or want to rewatch the most:

1) Gangs of New York
2) Catch me if you can
3) Inception
4) The Beach
5) Shutter Island
6) Body of Lies
7) The Man in the Iron Mask
8) Blood Diamond
9) Django
10) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

I found both The Departed and the Wolf of Wallstreet to be awful, but I know I'm likely alone in those convictions.

* Barring a flip of Bear Alexander or Malick Sylla, the Longhorns aren’t going to fill their needs along the defensive line from the Lone Star State alone. Only Duncanville's Abor remains as an elite option.
I think Jaray Bledsoe and Kris Ross will be Top 100 and Top 250, respectively by the end of the cycle. Bledsoe is likely an aggie though.

Looking at the DeCaprio list, he has had some stellar co stars in his movies. I don't take anything away from him as an actor, but the list of A list costars and supporting cast is pretty impressive.

(Sell) I think common sense indicates there's a good chance of that.

Wouldn't this mean "buy" @Ketchum ?
I'm saying the it's not the continued recruitment of Klubnik that points that out, just the reality that it might be very likely.

Reactions: Mr Poon
I kinda feel like movies where Pitt is a supporting actor and not the main guy are more rewatchable. Like Snatch or the Ocean 11 movies. JMO. Not saying he's a bad actor or anything like that.
He carries Legends, no?

And your reply is judgy as well which you do as much as anyone on this board from your perputual high horse. Note that i didn't tell her how she should identify herself. I gave my take on her motives which are backed up with facts. She does not speak Japanese, lives and trains in USA, has lived here since three years old, and has an American boy friend who is not of Japanese descent. Those are her choices and I am fine with that but it is my judgment that her choice to be Japanese is contradicted by her other choices. Marketing decisions appear to rule the world and Osaka in no exception. Want to talk about Le Bron, the NBA, and China? Are those topics also judgy and wrong for everyday posters?
I'm not sure it's judgy to say we shouldn't to have strong opinions on how people feel about identifying as.

She was born in Osaka and was brought up in a household of Japanese and Haitian culture. It's not rocket science. You're right, though, I probably would be judgy towards someone if they continued to do so when they definitely know the facts.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Duanej6
ADVERTISEMENT