ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Seven damn long years...)

Let's start with this ... he's a better college baseball player than his old man

giphy.gif

Re: Nana and recruiting. Feels like we were all set to take off and then someone threw a bunch of birds into our jet engines. What the hell is going on?
Maybe I’m just drinking the kook aid, maybe it’s our out of state push, maybe it’s faith (hopefully not blind) in our staff, maybe it’s a feeling that we win 9 or 10 games while gomer and LSU shit the bed and a few kids then flip our way, maybe it’s just a vibe... but I still think when all is said on done this will be a kick ass class.

Re: Nana and recruiting. Feels like we were all set to take off and then someone threw a bunch of birds into our jet engines. What the hell is going on?
Maybe I’m just drinking the kook aid, maybe it’s our out of state push, maybe it’s faith (hopefully not blind) in our staff, maybe it’s a feeling that we win 9 or 10 games while gomer and LSU shit the bed and a few kids then flip our way, maybe it’s just a vibe... but I still think when all is said on done this will be a kick ass class.
KOOL AID!!!!

I agree.

... I don't think I've looked forward to a sports event as much as I'm looking forward to Saturday's Champions League final between Liverpool and Real Madrid since the Rose Bowl in January of 2006. You heard it here first: Liverpool 3 Real Madrid 2. Sadio Mane will be the Man of the Match.
I get it. I hope the game lives up to the hype and becomes an instant classic.

You gotta think Real Madrid will key on Mo Salah and make somebody else beat them (easier said than done) so you're probably right that Mane, or Firmino, will have to deliver a MOTM performance for Liverpool to win.

Another alternative is a lower scoring 2-1 Liverpool victory where Karius produces a MOTM performance....a lot less likely but if Karius goes full DeGea for 90 minutes then Liverpool could win on just 2 goals.

There's so much attacking quality in both sides, should be a high scoring game as neither team can sit back and rely on their defense.

Reactions: cornedmullet
Roger Clemens is still the best Clemens to play for the Longhorns. He went 25-7 in two seasons (82,83). Both years ended up in the CWS. One with a NC the other third place tie. Have a hard time thinking one of his sons get top billing with one very good year.

Last year Kacy was the best Clemens on the team with a good year. This year it's Kody with a very good year, but it's only one very good year. At this point no CWS appearances. Even if the Horns make it this year to Omaha, he won't take over dad for best Clemens ever to play for Texas. Great year for Kody.

Now if the Horns get to Omaha and win a NC with Kody being great/amazing we can revisit this debate. Until then it's Roger.

Yeh
Kody vs Roger = B12 championship vs Natty

This makes me think you like Liverpool more than UT. Is this true? Or at least close to true?
Always thought theEPL love is a little forced and bandwagoning. I can remember 3 or 4 years ago you pick another team to adopt then switched,so your life long love of longhorns now matched by a 4 year 'love" of Liverpool ,

I get it. I hope the game lives up to the hype and becomes an instant classic.

You gotta think Real Madrid will key on Mo Salah and make somebody else beat them (easier said than done) so you're probably right that Mane, or Firmino, will have to deliver a MOTM performance for Liverpool to win.

Another alternative is a lower scoring 2-1 Liverpool victory where Karius produces a MOTM performance....a lot less likely but if Karius goes full DeGea for 90 minutes then Liverpool could win on just 2 goals.

There's so much attacking quality in both sides, should be a high scoring game as neither team can sit back and rely on their defense.
Real will have a couple of moments of brilliance. Completely prepared to fall behind 1-0 in the first 15.

Always thought theEPL love is a little forced and bandwagoning. I can remember 3 or 4 years ago you pick another team to adopt then switched,so your life long love of longhorns now matched by a 4 year 'love" of Liverpool ,
If we're keeping it 100, I never had a life-long love for the Longhorns. I grew up as a Baylor fan.

Is it just me that thinks a prince could have done better? Undoubtedly she's a very pretty woman, but a 36 year old quasi actress divorcee, with a bitter ex-husband and very strong family baggage issues? Seems like a made for tv British drama.
They seem very much in love. I don't know that you question that when it happens.

That was his older brother Kacy. Kody came in with a strong hitting pedigree.

Kody didn't hit very good last year. Most big moments last year, he didn't come through. Kacy was the best hitter on the team last year. Prior to last year Kacy's hitting was very similar to Kody's last year, where he just wasn't getting it done. Both brothers ended up figuring it out during their junior years.

Kody didn't hit very good last year. Most big moments last year, he didn't come through. Kacy was the best hitter on the team last year. Prior to last year Kacy's hitting was very similar to Kody's last year, where he just wasn't getting it done. Both brothers ended up figuring it out during their junior years.
I was referring about his status as a high school prospect but thanks for the history lesson.

Reactions: RobDIII
- Texas has six verbal commits right now. Half are from out-of-state. What are your thoughts concerning in-state recruiting right now?

- I had to look up Terrance Williams' contract: "Terrance Williams signed a 4 year, $17,000,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $9,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $4,250,000. In 2018, Williams will earn a base salary of $3,500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,750,000 and a dead cap value of $7,250,000."

WOW!

- I looked up 80s movies out of curiosity. Yeah, 70s in a blowout.

- I felt bad for Dustin last night. Steph was sick. If Steph is back, this serious will get ugly soon.

- If Tre Watson isn't better than the incumbents, this run game is in trouble.

Reactions: LnghrnObsrvtry
- Texas has six verbal commits right now. Half are from out-of-state. What are your thoughts concerning in-state recruiting right now?

- I had to look up Terrance Williams' contract: "Terrance Williams signed a 4 year, $17,000,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $9,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $4,250,000. In 2018, Williams will earn a base salary of $3,500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,750,000 and a dead cap value of $7,250,000."

WOW!

- I looked up 80s movies out of curiosity. Yeah, 70s in a blowout.

- I felt bad for Dustin last night. Steph was sick. If Steph is back, this serious will get ugly soon.

- If Tre Watson isn't better than the incumbents, this run game is in trouble.
a. I think it depends on the classes around them. The in-state recruiting right now is a disappointment. Period. Yet, weird one year anomalies sometimes happen and I tend to think this might be one of those type deals. If they have a much better in-state class in 2020, it will negate the worries of 2019. It means that this staff will probably need to sign 10+ out of state guys to supplement things if this is going to be a top 10 class.

b. I looked up his contract, too. Wow is right.

c. 2000s are competitive.

d. Dustin knows.

e. Loaded proposition right there.

let's see how it goes... play it by ear.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I tend to trigger outrage around here pretty easily these days. Don't need to do anything on purpose to cause the triggering...;)

Reactions: PaulieD
Roger wasn't an All-American. His kids is going to be one, possibly a POY finalist.

Let's start with this .. . he's a better college baseball player than his old man ... yanno ... that guy that has his number retired.

We're going to remember Kody Clemens for a long time around here and it's going to have much more to do with what he's personally accomplished this season than anything the second-best Clemens on the 40 Acres achieved 35 years ago.

=)roll

Kody has had a great year. Horns wouldn't of won the Big XII without him. Still it is only one very good year. None of his teams have made it to a Super Regional, let alone a CWS (Hope that changes this year). He will never pitch his team to a NC. How does someone who did this become "The second-best Clemens on the 40 Acres"??

Because his son had a great regular season and will/might be named a college All-American means he is the best Clemens ever on the 40 Acres? Roger's number isn't retired because what he did in the MLB, it's what he did for the Longhorns baseball team. Pull your head out Ketch.

Because of coaches like Gus & Augie and players Spike Owens, Billy Bates, Calvin Schiraldi, Roger Clemens, Gregg Swindell, ect, ect... They are the reason Texas players and fans alike feel it isn't a good baseball year if it doesn't end up in Omaha.

Let's start with this .. . he's a better college baseball player than his old man ... yanno ... that guy that has his number retired.

We're going to remember Kody Clemens for a long time around here and it's going to have much more to do with what he's personally accomplished this season than anything the second-best Clemens on the 40 Acres achieved 35 years ago.

=)roll

Kody has had a great year. Horns wouldn't of won the Big XII without him. Still it is only one very good year. None of his teams have made it to a Super Regional, let alone a CWS (Hope that changes this year). He will never pitch his team to a NC. How does someone who did this become "The second-best Clemens on the 40 Acres"??

Because his son had a great regular season and will/might be named a college All-American means he is the best Clemens ever on the 40 Acres? Roger's number isn't retired because what he did in the MLB, it's what he did for the Longhorns baseball team. Pull your head out Ketch.

Because of coaches like Gus & Augie and players Spike Owens, Billy Bates, Calvin Schiraldi, Roger Clemens, Gregg Swindell, ect, ect... They are the reason Texas players and fans alike feel it isn't a good baseball year if it doesn't end up in Omaha.
Was Roger the best pitcher on the 1983 staff?

let's see how it goes... play it by ear.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I tend to trigger outrage around here pretty easily these days. Don't need to do anything on purpose to cause the triggering...;)
- that would be me around the house. I still can't figure out why the wife has stuck it out with me LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT